Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Minnesota Vikings 50th Season Celebration

The Minnesota Vikings will kick-off the 50th Season at the Mall of America Saturday, April 24th. The event will feature autograph sessions from alumni representing each decade, Vikings memorabilia, Vikings highlight films, live KFAN broadcast and NFL Draft highlights.

The event will take place 11:00 AM 6:00 PM in the Best Buy Rotunda and each Court at the Mall of America. Wristbands for autograph sessions will be available in the Best Buy Rotunda beginning at 9:00 AM on the day of the event. A list of confirmed alumni and current players scheduled to sign will be posted soon. Please visit Vikings.com in the next couple weeks for further updates.

We hope to see you at the Mall of America to kick off the Vikings 50th Season!
    http://www.vikings.com/schedule/vikings-events.html

Is this instead of the draft party?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Minnesota Vikings 50th Season Celebration

The 24th would be on the third day of the draft. Remember, it is a 3 day event now with the first round being in primetime on Thursday.
    We're bringing purple back.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Minnesota Vikings 50th Season Celebration

I hate the new format for the draft in my opinion the NFL has ruined the draft because of their greed.

The Vikes won't pick until around 11:00pm on Thrusday so I reaaly doubt they have a draft party.

Move the draft back to Saturday and Sunday and return it to the event it was.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I want them to schedule the SB on my birthday this year so I can celebrate turning 50 as well as a SB win all on the same day.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

BadlandsVikings wrote:
    The Minnesota Vikings will kick-off the 50th Season at the Mall of America Saturday, April 24th. The event will feature autograph sessions from alumni representing each decade, Vikings memorabilia, Vikings highlight films, live KFAN broadcast and NFL Draft highlights.

The event will take place 11:00 AM 6:00 PM in the Best Buy Rotunda and each Court at the Mall of America. Wristbands for autograph sessions will be available in the Best Buy Rotunda beginning at 9:00 AM on the day of the event. A list of confirmed alumni and current players scheduled to sign will be posted soon. Please visit Vikings.com in the next couple weeks for further updates.

We hope to see you at the Mall of America to kick off the Vikings 50th Season!

Take this for what it is worth - This is per some of the people at WAVF.com, but I believe it to be credible.

Because of the first round of the draft being on a Thursday, it appears that there won't be a draft party at winter park that day. Supposedly there will be several "official" draft parties around the metro area, and then this 50th anniversary celebration in the MOA on Saturday.

Personally, I think it sucks, and if/when this is officially announced, I intend on sharing my frustration with Winter Park.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NodakPaul wrote:

Is this instead of the draft party?[/quote]

Take this for what it is worth - This is per some of the people at WAVF.com, but I believe it to be credible.

Because of the first round of the draft being on a Thursday, it appears that there won't be a draft party at winter park that day. Supposedly there will be several "official" draft parties around the metro area, and then this 50th anniversary celebration in the MOA on Saturday.

Personally, I think it sucks, and if/when this is officially announced, I intend on sharing my frustration with Winter Park.[/quote]

I'd put this more on the NFL than the Vikings, guess they feel that people wouldn't want to hang around til later in the evening for their pick. Whereas the old style draft party was more of an all day event but the NFL screwed that up with their eternal drive for milking every event for what it's worth.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

AngloVike wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:

Personally, I think it sucks, and if/when this is officially announced, I intend on sharing my frustration with Winter Park.
    I'd put this more on the NFL than the Vikings, guess they feel that people wouldn't want to hang around til later in the evening for their pick. Whereas the old style draft party was more of an all day event but the NFL screwed that up with their eternal drive for milking every event for what it's worth.
    I agree that the NFL screwed up BIG time by making this a Thursday night event, but it doesn't mean that the Vikings have to completely back out of the draft party. Is there some law I don't know about that prevents people from gathering and drinking on a Thursday night?

I know, it probably wouldn't have drawn as big of a crowd, and the sensible part of me knows that the Vikings marketing department looked at the numbers and likely realized that it simply wouldn't be profitable.. but come ON!

I hate to be "that guy", but as a season ticket holder, I don't want to go to a big public celebration at the MOA where everybody and their freaking neighbor who happens to be at the mall can attend. There was something special about being a part of the day, a part of the atmosphere. When I tell people I am driving 4+ hours to go watch the NFL draft live from the Vikings headquarters, most people think that is pretty bad ass. Driving 4+ hours to stand in line for autographs with 25k other idiots at the mall of america? Most people think that is pretty pathetic.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Thats ok NP I understand where you're coming from and have to agree on that. There should be some perks for the season ticket holders on things like this so I can see what you mean.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

SaintManJJ83 is offline Waterboy

whackthepack wrote:
    I hate the new format for the draft in my opinion the NFL has ruined the draft because of their greed.

The Vikes won't pick until around 11:00pm on Thrusday so I reaaly doubt they have a draft party.

Move the draft back to Saturday and Sunday and return it to the event it was.
    I agree with you, to me it kinda ruins the draft. I am so used to doing it the way it has been done. Thusday is a work night, it doesn't have that same appeal as the weekend to me.
    None

Formo is offline Team Alumni

I would be as upset about this as Paul.. but once again, I have plans for draft weekend. And since they won't be having the same type of 'draft' party they used to on Saturday.. I know I won't be missing out on much. So, I guess for me it's bittersweet.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast