Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Minnesota Vikings 2007 Season Preview

Thur, August 16th

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings 2007 Season Preview [/size]

By Tony Moss, NFL Editor
    sportsnetwork.com

(Sports Network) - Each team in the NFL has major questions heading into every season, but none are more basic than those that confront the 2007 Minnesota Vikings...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Minnesota Vikings 2007 Season Preview

This Moss guy blows.... what drivel. I don't think he can give a season pre-view after 1 pre-season game without spewing the same old bird hootie we've been hearing all off season. Has he been to training camp? No that would be work, when It's easier to lump every article written he's read into a half-azz'd season preview. Early Morning Rant Off... Skol

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I am getting so sick of this crap...
    The Vikings have the best defensive line in the NFL, one of the better offensive lines, probably one of the best secondaries and linebacker corps. Everyone agrees that TJ has one of the best arms in the league and good runnink skills. We've got the best running back tandem in pro football but yet we're gonna be a bust.
    Chicago , on the other hand has a very average or less than average quarterback, a very poor offensive line, lousy running backs and very average receivers. Yet they are gonna win the Super Bowl. What's wrong with this picture?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I am getting so sick of this crap...
    The Vikings have the best defensive line in the NFL, one of the better offensive lines, probably one of the best secondaries and linebacker corps. Everyone agrees that TJ has one of the best arms in the league and good runnink skills. We've got the best running back tandem in pro football but yet we're gonna be a bust.
    Chicago , on the other hand has a very average or less than average quarterback, a very poor offensive line, lousy running backs and very average receivers. Yet they are gonna win the Super Bowl. What's wrong with this picture?
    They are looking at the wrong picture.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Relax guys, this hack doesn't have the faintest idea of what our team is.
    He is (wrongly) regurging stuff he either heard on TV, read in a aritcle or stole from one of the comments sections from said articles.

Heres a couple of mistakes on his part......

WR/TE: Minnesota had one of the weakest receiving corps in the league last season, with no player emerging as a reliable outlet for the team's quarterbacks
    Hey says our WR corp was weak yet he still mentions those very same WR's in his Key departure area.

KEY DEPARTURES: QB Brad Johnson (to Cowboys), WR Travis Taylor (to Raiders), WR Bethel Johnson (to Texans), TE Jermaine Wiggins (to Jaguars), T Mike Rosenthal (to Dolphins), OL Jason Whittle (to Bills), DT Ross Kolodziej (to Cardinals), LB Napoleon Harris (to Chiefs), LB Jason Glenn (retired), CB Fred Smoot (to Redskins)
    Anybody who knows anything about football and our beloved Vikes knows that the only key loss here is possibly Napo but EJ has been good filling in so far.
    Of course the "I hate/Blame Smoot" crowd will say that his departure will be key to a resurgance of our pass defense.
    ;D

Fullback Tony Richardson (13 receptions) is back after missing seven games with a broken arm last year. Richard Owens (6 receptions, 1 TD), who can also play tight end, has a decent chance to stick as Richardson's backup.
    He didn't even mention Dugan as the backup to T-rich.

Tight end Jim Kleinsasser (7 receptions) will try to replace the departed Wiggins, and will be backed by former Giant Visanthe Shiancoe (12 receptions with New York) and perhaps holdover Jeff Dugan (8 receptions, 1 TD).
    Again, all of us knowlegable football fans and Viking backers know that Klieny isn't gonna replace Wiggo.
    That job is/will fall to Shanc.
    Klieny will catch some balls but he is in there to block/pickup blitzers/stunts.

Lets see what happens on Friday night.
    Of course we all know its a pre-season game, but I am sure after another sound outing some of these guys will be quickly re-assing (not a spelling error) thier thoughts on the Vikes we love so much.

;D ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

I feel the success of our season will hinge on how well our defense can shut down opponents . . . AND . . . our offense can do just enough, at key times, to give us a lead.
    Our chance is to basically become the Balitmore Raven's a few seasons ago.

Hopefully JACKSON will develop, along with some of our receivers, to the point were we become more balanced, and our OL (not just HUTCH) figures out how to block someone.
    We have the potential for the offense to develop quickly this year, but I think it's gonna be another rough ride.

Factoring in inevitable key injuries and some bad luck . . . Vikings will have another losing record year.
    I hope to eat crow.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

"sleepagent" wrote:
    I feel the success of our season will hinge on how well our defense can shut down opponents . . . AND . . . our offense can do just enough, at key times, to give us a lead.

Hopefully JACKSON will develop, along with some of our receivers, to the point were we become more balanced, and our OL (not just HUTCH) figures out how to block someone.
    We have the potential for the offense to develop quickly this year, but I think it's gonna be another rough ride.

Factoring in inevitable key injuries and some bad luck . . . Vikings will have another losing record year.
    I hope to eat crow.
    You are always so cheerfull.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:

I hope to eat crow.

;D
    I finally took off my Purple Sunglasses and threw them away!
    ;D

Don't get me wrong . . . I want for us to kick ass and prove everyone wrong.
    I just don't see it this year.
    I can hope . . . but that doesn't make anything better.

I've been a fan of "this will be our year" for so long now . . . I decided to take a more objective look (starting last season).
    Maybe it's more of a strategy, but as you know, when you live outside Minnesota . . . and your team sucks . . . you never hear the end of it.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:

I hope to eat crow.

;D
    I finally took off my Purple Sunglasses and threw them away!
    ;D

Don't get me wrong . . . I want for us to kick jiggly butt and prove everyone wrong.
    I just don't see it this year.
    I can hope . . . but that doesn't make anything better.

I've been a fan of "this will be our year" for so long now . . . I decided to take a more objective look (starting last season).
    Maybe it's more of a strategy, but as you know, when you live outside Minnesota . . . and your team sucks . . . you never hear the end of it.
    I'm with ya.
    I live in VA.
    Deadskin country.
    I remember when we got Smoot from them.
    They were all......"He sucks" "Your gonna hate him" and now that they have him back they are all "You are so dumb for letting him go".

Anyway.
    I have to much invested in this team to give up on them now when the future looks so bright.
    Optimism breeds success my friend.

;D

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

All these predictions are based on paper. We look horrible on paper, that is just a fact.

- TJ is making some good strides, on paper he sucks.
    - Hicks, Herrara, Cook, and Johnson have another year of experience, on paper they suck.
    - Williamson has hopefully fixed his dropsies and still has burner speed, on paper he sucks.
    - Wade has shown flashes and will have more opportunities to make plays, on paper he sucks.
    - Shiancoe sucks, on paper he sucks.
    - James is healthy after missing the entire season, on paper he sucks.
    - Udeze sucked last year, on paper he sucks.

There is a ton of potential in Jackson, Peterson, Rice, Edwards etc., but on paper they suck.

To end on a happy note, we are a pass rush away from a stellar defense.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast