Blog Entries

Re: Minnesota Vikings #1 on NFL Network's "Top 10 Foul Up's"

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    floop the nfl network.

The Vikings went to the playoffs in 1968,1969,1970,1971,1973,1974,1975,1976,1977,1978 and many, many more years.
    The Vikings have won their division 16 times.(Not bad for an expansion team)

Jim Marshall played from1961 to 1979 for the Vikings. He recovered 29 fumbles. That's an NFL record.

In that game, where he recovered a fumble and ran the wrong way, the Vikings won. The score was Vikings 27 49ers 22. The reason they won was because Jim Marshall sacked the qb and caused a fumble after he had run the wrong way.

It is my fortune to have watched virtually every one of Jim Marshalls Vikings games in my life time.

He was one of the greatest to ever play the game. He, and several other Vikings players, make me proud to proclaim ,I AM A VIKINGS FAN.

floop the nfl network.
    amigo.. those numbers dont mean anything today.. we got no rings to show for it

vikings history is great.. who cares that we made that list twice.. its all interesting stuff..

none of those things matter anymore, just this season matters now
    Potus, I do not think I have ever disagreed with you.

Potus for President!
    well thank you...

it's just that.. how can we not expect to get flaque for crap like that? we ran a TD the wrong way! we missed a chipshot! we lost four SB's (only overshadowed for 4 SB losses from the Bills thank GOD!) we've made dumb trades. we let moss go before Cpep (why.. i dont know)...

we are a franchise with bad decisions. i went to the mall of america a few weeks ago and went into the packer store (sorry guys) to get my out cast little brother packers fan a cup.. and i saw a shirt.. it was a shirt that said: minnesota vikings trophy case, and of course was blank..

we can only expect that from the critics until we win. and all we can do besides winning is take it. we are going to get the million yard OT run by vick shown at us. we're going to get the 49's cutting us up through the air in the playoffs shown at us. we're going to get the giants (NFC championship game i think?) blowout shown at us..

all this is going to come until we can prove that we can do otherwise..

stop whining and enjoy getting to watch the vikes.. even if we are getting pummeled

we'll take it until we hoist the lombardi trophy
    Don't forget about the Tony Dorsett and Steve Young improbable TD runs.

:P
    Or the 275 yards rushing by Sweetness in 1977 plus Jerry Rice with 289 receiving yards against us in 1995,Shaun Alexanders 5 touchdowns in a half (28 points scored by the seahawks in 2 minutes)...
    >

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    floop the nfl network.

The Vikings went to the playoffs in 1968,1969,1970,1971,1973,1974,1975,1976,1977,1978 and many, many more years.
    The Vikings have won their division 16 times.(Not bad for an expansion team)

Jim Marshall played from1961 to 1979 for the Vikings. He recovered 29 fumbles. That's an NFL record.

In that game, where he recovered a fumble and ran the wrong way, the Vikings won. The score was Vikings 27 49ers 22. The reason they won was because Jim Marshall sacked the qb and caused a fumble after he had run the wrong way.

It is my fortune to have watched virtually every one of Jim Marshalls Vikings games in my life time.

He was one of the greatest to ever play the game. He, and several other Vikings players, make me proud to proclaim ,I AM A VIKINGS FAN.

floop the nfl network.
    amigo.. those numbers dont mean anything today.. we got no rings to show for it

vikings history is great.. who cares that we made that list twice.. its all interesting stuff..

none of those things matter anymore, just this season matters now
    Potus, I do not think I have ever disagreed with you.

Potus for President!
    well thank you...

it's just that.. how can we not expect to get flaque for crap like that? we ran a TD the wrong way! we missed a chipshot! we lost four SB's (only overshadowed for 4 SB losses from the Bills thank GOD!) we've made dumb trades. we let moss go before Cpep (why.. i dont know)...

we are a franchise with bad decisions. i went to the mall of america a few weeks ago and went into the packer store (sorry guys) to get my out cast little brother packers fan a cup.. and i saw a shirt.. it was a shirt that said: minnesota vikings trophy case, and of course was blank..

we can only expect that from the critics until we win. and all we can do besides winning is take it. we are going to get the million yard OT run by vick shown at us. we're going to get the 49's cutting us up through the air in the playoffs shown at us. we're going to get the giants (NFC championship game i think?) blowout shown at us..

all this is going to come until we can prove that we can do otherwise..

stop whining and enjoy getting to watch the vikes.. even if we are getting pummeled

we'll take it until we hoist the lombardi trophy
    Don't forget about the Tony Dorsett and Steve Young improbable TD runs.

:P
    Someone had to have rubbed crisco on him before that play.
    :-

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Just wait till they get to the 10 worst trades of all time. >

Friggin Cowboys.
    That could have made this list. It states "foul-ups", not plays. I consider that trade a huge foul-up.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

ust wait till they get to the 10 worst trades of all time. Angry
    Friggin Cowboys.
    Why are you blaming the Cowboys? It was the Vikes who should be called "Friggin'." They initiated the stupid trade so that the Cowboys could become a dynasty. Now that's "friggin'!"
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"HornedHat" wrote:
    While Jim's Wrong Way Run is certainly iconic, if the NFL network were fair about the top foul-ups, number ine would be on the refs. The Drew Pearson push-off on Nate Wright during Staubach's 'Hail Mary'. THAT's the number one foul up. That play should have been negated, and the Vikes should have gone on to beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl.
    I simply could not agree more completely!
    I loathe the Cowboys and haven't recovered from that traumatic day yet.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    ust wait till they get to the 10 worst trades of all time. Angry

Friggin Cowboys.
    Why are you blaming the Cowboys? It was the Vikes who should be called "Friggin'." They initiated the stupid trade so that the Cowboys could become a dynasty. Now that's "friggin'!"
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "HornedHat" wrote:
    While Jim's Wrong Way Run is certainly iconic, if the NFL network were fair about the top foul-ups, number ine would be on the refs. The Drew Pearson push-off on Nate Wright during Staubach's 'Hail Mary'. THAT's the number one foul up. That play should have been negated, and the Vikes should have gone on to beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl.
    While I agree that that was a bad day in Minny, it is just one of the many, many bad calls by officiating crews through out the years.

* AFC divisional playoffs , 2002.
    Charles Woodson forced Tom Brady to fumble, only to have the ruling overruled on replay and called a forward pass - even though Brady has both hands on the ball when he is hit.
    * Frank Wycheck throwing a forward pass on the AFC Championship game's final kickoff in the Music City Miracle.
    * Mistaking a white helmet for a brown football in 1998

Here is a great website that talks about some of the worst calls in history, and keeps a week by week record of bad calls refs make during the season.
    If you look at 2006, you will see that there were several bad calls that went against the Vikes last season...
    http://www.provencehome.org/refsuck/pages/history.html
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "HornedHat" wrote:
    While I agree that that was a bad day in Minny, it is just one of the many, many bad calls by officiating crews through out the years.

Charles Woodson forced Tom Brady to fumble, only to have the ruling overruled on replay and called a forward pass - even though Brady has both hands on the ball when he is hit.
    * Frank Wycheck throwing a forward pass on the AFC Championship game's final kickoff in the Music City Miracle.

Here is a great website that talks about some of the worst calls in history, and keeps a week by week record of bad calls refs make during the season.
    If you look at 2006, you will see that there were several bad calls that went against the Vikes last season...
    Who's Ray Childress? (week 12)
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"MaddenVodkaAddict" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "HornedHat" wrote:

Who's Ray Childress? (week 12)
    LMAO.
    I never noticed that!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Just wait till they get to the 10 worst trades of all time. >
    Friggin Cowboys.
    That could have made this list. It states "foul-ups", not plays. I consider that trade a huge foul-up.
    True, and I never saw the complete list but assume that all of the foul ups on the list were by players? Or did they have coaching decisions,ref calls etc.

If you are going to broaden it to management decisions it would probably have to include the saints trading all of their draft picks for Rickey Williams, The packers drafting Mandarich with the #2 overall pick(or simply for existing), The Vikings taking Darrin Nelson over Marcus Allen, The Eagles signing T-ho,The Dolphins signing Culpepper, The Raiders signing Moss, the eagles letting Reggie White Go to the friggin Packers,Jerry Jones thinking he could ditch Jimmy Johnson and continue to go to the Super Bowl. ;D

All of this reminds me of how funny it is when some people on this site get down on other fans here for questioning the wisdom of some of their decisions. ;D Every coaching staff is human,will make mistakes,and can be influenced by emotion and ego to make decisions that may not be the correct one.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast