Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Minnesota Vikings #1 on NFL Network's "Top 10 Foul Up's"

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Fuck the nfl network.

    The Vikings went to the playoffs in 1968,1969,1970,1971,1973,1974,1975,1976,1977,1978 and many, many more years.
    The Vikings have won their division 16 times.(Not bad for an expansion team)

    Jim Marshall played from1961 to 1979 for the Vikings. He recovered 29 fumbles. That's an NFL record.

    In that game, where he recovered a fumble and ran the wrong way, the Vikings won. The score was Vikings 27 49ers 22. The reason they won was because Jim Marshall sacked the qb and caused a fumble after he had run the wrong way.

    It is my fortune to have watched virtually every one of Jim Marshalls Vikings games in my life time.

    He was one of the greatest to ever play the game. He, and several other Vikings players, make me proud to proclaim ,I AM A VIKINGS FAN.

    Fuck the nfl network.
    I'll agree with you jargomcfargo, but even before I read the answers, with that question headline, I knew right away the Marshall fumble recovery and run into the wrong endzone, had to be in the top 3 at least of all time blunders....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  2. #12
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,654

    Re: Minnesota Vikings #1 on NFL Network's "Top 10 Foul Up's"

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    floop the nfl network.

    The Vikings went to the playoffs in 1968,1969,1970,1971,1973,1974,1975,1976,1977,1978 and many, many more years.
    The Vikings have won their division 16 times.(Not bad for an expansion team)

    Jim Marshall played from1961 to 1979 for the Vikings. He recovered 29 fumbles. That's an NFL record.

    In that game, where he recovered a fumble and ran the wrong way, the Vikings won. The score was Vikings 27 49ers 22. The reason they won was because Jim Marshall sacked the qb and caused a fumble after he had run the wrong way.


    It is my fortune to have watched virtually every one of Jim Marshalls Vikings games in my life time.

    He was one of the greatest to ever play the game. He, and several other Vikings players, make me proud to proclaim ,I AM A VIKINGS FAN.

    floop the nfl network.
    amigo.. those numbers dont mean anything today.. we got no rings to show for it

    vikings history is great.. who cares that we made that list twice.. its all interesting stuff..

    none of those things matter anymore, just this season matters now
    i m better than you, so just give up...

  3. #13
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Minnesota Vikings #1 on NFL Network's "Top 10 Foul Up's"

    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    floop the nfl network.

    The Vikings went to the playoffs in 1968,1969,1970,1971,1973,1974,1975,1976,1977,1978 and many, many more years.
    The Vikings have won their division 16 times.(Not bad for an expansion team)

    Jim Marshall played from1961 to 1979 for the Vikings. He recovered 29 fumbles. That's an NFL record.

    In that game, where he recovered a fumble and ran the wrong way, the Vikings won. The score was Vikings 27 49ers 22. The reason they won was because Jim Marshall sacked the qb and caused a fumble after he had run the wrong way.


    It is my fortune to have watched virtually every one of Jim Marshalls Vikings games in my life time.

    He was one of the greatest to ever play the game. He, and several other Vikings players, make me proud to proclaim ,I AM A VIKINGS FAN.

    floop the nfl network.
    amigo.. those numbers dont mean anything today.. we got no rings to show for it

    vikings history is great.. who cares that we made that list twice.. its all interesting stuff..

    none of those things matter anymore, just this season matters now
    Potus, I do not think I have ever disagreed with you.

    Potus for President!

  4. #14
    HornedHat's Avatar
    HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: Minnesota Vikings #1 on NFL Network's "Top 10 Foul Up's"

    While Jim's Wrong Way Run is certainly iconic, if the NFL network were fair about the top foul-ups, number ine would be on the refs. The Drew Pearson push-off on Nate Wright during Staubach's 'Hail Mary'. THAT's the number one foul up. That play should have been negated, and the Vikes should have gone on to beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

  5. #15
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,654

    Re: Minnesota Vikings #1 on NFL Network's "Top 10 Foul Up's"

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    floop the nfl network.

    The Vikings went to the playoffs in 1968,1969,1970,1971,1973,1974,1975,1976,1977,1978 and many, many more years.
    The Vikings have won their division 16 times.(Not bad for an expansion team)

    Jim Marshall played from1961 to 1979 for the Vikings. He recovered 29 fumbles. That's an NFL record.

    In that game, where he recovered a fumble and ran the wrong way, the Vikings won. The score was Vikings 27 49ers 22. The reason they won was because Jim Marshall sacked the qb and caused a fumble after he had run the wrong way.


    It is my fortune to have watched virtually every one of Jim Marshalls Vikings games in my life time.

    He was one of the greatest to ever play the game. He, and several other Vikings players, make me proud to proclaim ,I AM A VIKINGS FAN.

    floop the nfl network.
    amigo.. those numbers dont mean anything today.. we got no rings to show for it

    vikings history is great.. who cares that we made that list twice.. its all interesting stuff..

    none of those things matter anymore, just this season matters now
    Potus, I do not think I have ever disagreed with you.

    Potus for President!
    well thank you...

    it's just that.. how can we not expect to get flaque for crap like that? we ran a TD the wrong way! we missed a chipshot! we lost four SB's (only overshadowed for 4 SB losses from the Bills thank GOD!) we've made dumb trades. we let moss go before Cpep (why.. i dont know)...

    we are a franchise with bad decisions. i went to the mall of america a few weeks ago and went into the packer store (sorry guys) to get my out cast little brother packers fan a cup.. and i saw a shirt.. it was a shirt that said: minnesota vikings trophy case, and of course was blank..

    we can only expect that from the critics until we win. and all we can do besides winning is take it. we are going to get the million yard OT run by vick shown at us. we're going to get the 49's cutting us up through the air in the playoffs shown at us. we're going to get the giants (NFC championship game i think?) blowout shown at us..

    all this is going to come until we can prove that we can do otherwise..

    stop whining and enjoy getting to watch the vikes.. even if we are getting pummeled

    we'll take it until we hoist the lombardi trophy
    i m better than you, so just give up...

  6. #16
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Minnesota Vikings #1 on NFL Network's "Top 10 Foul Up's"

    "HornedHat" wrote:
    While Jim's Wrong Way Run is certainly iconic, if the NFL network were fair about the top foul-ups, number ine would be on the refs. The Drew Pearson push-off on Nate Wright during Staubach's 'Hail Mary'. THAT's the number one foul up. That play should have been negated, and the Vikes should have gone on to beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl.
    That was one of the worst calls ever.

  7. #17
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Minnesota Vikings #1 on NFL Network's "Top 10 Foul Up's"

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    floop the nfl network.

    The Vikings went to the playoffs in 1968,1969,1970,1971,1973,1974,1975,1976,1977,1978 and many, many more years.
    The Vikings have won their division 16 times.(Not bad for an expansion team)

    Jim Marshall played from1961 to 1979 for the Vikings. He recovered 29 fumbles. That's an NFL record.

    In that game, where he recovered a fumble and ran the wrong way, the Vikings won. The score was Vikings 27 49ers 22. The reason they won was because Jim Marshall sacked the qb and caused a fumble after he had run the wrong way.

    It is my fortune to have watched virtually every one of Jim Marshalls Vikings games in my life time.

    He was one of the greatest to ever play the game. He, and several other Vikings players, make me proud to proclaim ,I AM A VIKINGS FAN.

    floop the nfl network.
    I agree...fuck the NFL Network!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #18
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Minnesota Vikings #1 on NFL Network's "Top 10 Foul Up's"

    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    floop the nfl network.

    The Vikings went to the playoffs in 1968,1969,1970,1971,1973,1974,1975,1976,1977,1978 and many, many more years.
    The Vikings have won their division 16 times.(Not bad for an expansion team)

    Jim Marshall played from1961 to 1979 for the Vikings. He recovered 29 fumbles. That's an NFL record.

    In that game, where he recovered a fumble and ran the wrong way, the Vikings won. The score was Vikings 27 49ers 22. The reason they won was because Jim Marshall sacked the qb and caused a fumble after he had run the wrong way.


    It is my fortune to have watched virtually every one of Jim Marshalls Vikings games in my life time.

    He was one of the greatest to ever play the game. He, and several other Vikings players, make me proud to proclaim ,I AM A VIKINGS FAN.

    floop the nfl network.
    amigo.. those numbers dont mean anything today.. we got no rings to show for it

    vikings history is great.. who cares that we made that list twice.. its all interesting stuff..

    none of those things matter anymore, just this season matters now
    Potus, I do not think I have ever disagreed with you.

    Potus for President!
    well thank you...

    it's just that.. how can we not expect to get flaque for crap like that? we ran a TD the wrong way! we missed a chipshot! we lost four SB's (only overshadowed for 4 SB losses from the Bills thank GOD!) we've made dumb trades. we let moss go before Cpep (why.. i dont know)...

    we are a franchise with bad decisions. i went to the mall of america a few weeks ago and went into the packer store (sorry guys) to get my out cast little brother packers fan a cup.. and i saw a shirt.. it was a shirt that said: minnesota vikings trophy case, and of course was blank..

    we can only expect that from the critics until we win. and all we can do besides winning is take it. we are going to get the million yard OT run by vick shown at us. we're going to get the 49's cutting us up through the air in the playoffs shown at us. we're going to get the giants (NFC championship game i think?) blowout shown at us..

    all this is going to come until we can prove that we can do otherwise..

    stop whining and enjoy getting to watch the vikes.. even if we are getting pummeled

    we'll take it until we hoist the lombardi trophy
    Don't forget about the Tony Dorsett and Steve Young improbable TD runs.

    :P

  9. #19
    thevikingfan's Avatar
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,489

    Re: Minnesota Vikings #1 on NFL Network's "Top 10 Foul Up's"

    I almost cried (again) when they showed anderson miss that field goal......if you were destined to miss a field goal that year why couldnt it have been in another game?God i hate the falcons

  10. #20
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Minnesota Vikings #1 on NFL Network's "Top 10 Foul Up's"

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Just wait till they get to the 10 worst trades of all time. >

    Friggin Cowboys.
    ...sigh


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings take 3 of 5, NFL Network's Top 5
    By NordicNed in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 06:38 AM
  2. IRS Calls Foul On Vikings Part-Owner
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 10:46 PM
  3. Bears cry foul on 49ers over Briggs
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 10:12 AM
  4. Eagles fans cry foul regarding ticket sales
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 01:52 AM
  5. Jets Personal Foul Blunder
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 10:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •