Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Minnesota Vickings?

"C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "TheBlackChip" wrote:
    With all this talk about Favre, I wonder if people are forgetting just how good Michael Vick really is.
    How good he is?

Are you talking about his:

* Career 53.8% completion rate?

* Career 75.7 passer rating?

* Career 2-2 playoff win percentage?

* Career 155.5 passing yards/game?

The NFL isn't Madden.
    Michael Vick is a mediocre NFL quarterback, at best.
    I'm not for Vick in the least... but you should probably point out his rushing yards too... just to get the full picture: 3,859 career yards on 529 attempts (that's 7.3 yards/attempt) and 21 TDs.
    Quarterbacks in the modern NFL do best when they can pass the ball with accuracy.
    Vick cannot do that.
    His rushing, while a personal strength, has never translated into real success for the team.
    And what has Favre done in the past decade?
    Must *everything* be about Favre?
    Vick has not improved as a passer despite years as a starter.
    His running has not translated into winning.
    That's enough for me to say "No thanks, scumbag."

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "TheBlackChip" wrote:
    With all this talk about Favre, I wonder if people are forgetting just how good Michael Vick really is.
    How good he is?

The NFL isn't Madden.
    I'm not for Vick in the least... but you should probably point out his rushing yards too... just to get the full picture: 3,859 career yards on 529 attempts (that's 7.3 yards/attempt) and 21 TDs.
    Quarterbacks in the modern NFL do best when they can pass the ball with accuracy.
    Vick cannot do that.
    His rushing, while a personal strength, has never translated into real success for the team.

=Z=
    Just because the guy did't win a superbowl doesn't mean he didn't help the team. Lots of good players lose, doesn't mean there not good, Barry Sanders never won anything either. I remember Vick being a pretty big part of getting his team atleast 1 win, against the Vikings.
    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/voXDOEJcz8g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    Agreed.
    There are so many variables to statistics.
    The only statistic I would worry about is his completion % when it comes to Vick.
    His 155 ypg passing although it worries me is much different than TJs in that he makes it up with his rushing.
    When TJ starts rushing for 100+ yards in a game it can be comparable.
    The downside with Vick's passing game is he is also inconsistent which is one thing we need to change on the Vikings.
    We want/need the QB to be an accurate passer.
    I don't take away from Vick's skills because he is a proven winner in the league where he has actually taken over games single-handedly.
    Still doesn't mean I want him to be a Viking.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

I'm not interested in Vick but clever thread title.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=TheBlackChip link=topic=52202.msg960918#msg960918 date=1245738726]
    How good he is?

The NFL isn't Madden.
    Vick cannot do that.

=Z=
    Just because the guy did't win a superbowl doesn't mean he didn't help the team. Lots of good players lose, doesn't mean there not good, Barry Sanders never won anything either. I remember Vick being a pretty big part of getting his team atleast 1 win, against the Vikings.
    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/voXDOEJcz8g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    The last thing we need, as a run oriented offense, is to have a QB that will make defenses focus on the run even MORE.
    We need a guy to stretch out defenses, not make them crowd the line even more.
    [/quote]
    They can't possible crowd the line anymore than they do. Not saying I want vick but It's worth noting that in 2004,2005, 2006, the Falcons lead the league in rushing, in 2007 without Vick they finished 26th.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52202.msg960999#msg960999 date=1245763779]
    [quote author=TheBlackChip link=topic=52202.msg960918#msg960918 date=1245738726]
    How good he is?

The NFL isn't Madden.
    Vick cannot do that.

=Z=
    The last thing we need, as a run oriented offense, is to have a QB that will make defenses focus on the run even MORE.
    [/quote]

They can't possible crowd the line anymore than they do. Not saying I want vick but It's worth noting that in 2004,2005, 2006, the Falcons lead the league in rushing, in 2007 without Vick they finished 26th.
    [/quote]

And how many playoff games did they win in those seasons?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52202.msg961018#msg961018 date=1245764594]
    How good he is?

The NFL isn't Madden.
    Vick cannot do that.

=Z=
    [/quote]

[/quote]

=Z=
    [/quote]

Interesting... how many has Sage won?

How about the teams he was on?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52202.msg961029#msg961029 date=1245765168]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52202.msg961018#msg961018 date=1245764594]
    How good he is?

The NFL isn't Madden.
    Vick cannot do that.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Interesting... how many has Sage won?

How about the teams he was on?
    [/quote]

Not every discussion is "this player vs. that player", no matter how hard you, Mars and Marrdro try to make it so.

This thread is about Michael Vick as a QB.
    He's NOT good, the numbers don't lie.
    His rushing has NEVER translated into sustained success in the NFL.
    He has NEVER led a team to a championship.
    And the negatives that would accompany him because of his off-the-field behavior would be a huge negative to the overall state of the franchise.

=Z=

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Vick's an awesome runner, and an electrifying runner, but he's not an NFL caliber QB... but then again neither is anyone on our team.

If I were in charge, would I aggressively seek his services? Probably not.
    Would I give him a shot to come in and compete in camp, for cheap? Probably, it can't hurt, aside of the pussies that would boycott because he killed a few dogs.

We've got all the Favre drama already, a little more media attention wouldn't hurt us.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Zeus" wrote:
    Not every discussion is "this player vs. that player", no matter how hard you, Mars and Marrdro try to make it so.

And the negatives that would accompany him because of his off-the-field behavior would be a huge negative to the overall state of the franchise.

=Z=
    Is that because you say so?

I just think it's humorous to see someone who supports Sage Rosenfels calling out Michael Vick for how many playoff games he's won or how good of a QB he is. Quite humorous.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

Is that because you say so?

I just think it's humorous to see someone who supports Sage Rosenfels calling out Michael Vick for how many playoff games he's won or how good of a QB he is. Quite humorous.
    And I think it's pathetic that you can't get through one day on PPO w/out pissing people off due to the constant nipping at the heels like the latest Paris Hilton muff dog.

=Z=

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast