Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    TheBlackChip is offline Waterboy

Minnesota Vickings?

While its fun to envision Favre tearing it up, I get a hard on wondering what Michael Vick would be able to do on the field with Harvin, Peterson, Berrian and Rice.
    We should all know that when he was playing Vick was considered by many to be one of the best overall football players in the league, and he'll only be 29 this upcoming season.

Right now teams are laying low, but as soon as Vick is reinstated and those HS practice field training tapes appear on NFL Network via Adam Schefter that show Vick throwing 65 yard bombs through tires, you better believe the Vick Sweepstakes will be on.
    The PR will be bad at first of course, but after a couple winning seasons (and a SB maybe?) all will be forgiven.
    Thats what we do in this country, we like to forgive and most importantly, forget.

One thing you can't forget, is how Vick walked into Lambeau Field and handed Favre and the Pack their first home playoff loss ever.
    Or how Vick took out the Vikings in OT by making two of our guys run into each other.
    Or how Vick's jersey was - if I remember correctly - one of the top, if not the #1 selling jersey in during the 02-06 era.
    Or how the Falcons were a potential Super Bowl team with Vick, and a 4-win team without.
    Or how he set two NFL records in 2006 for rushing yards and YPC.

With all this talk about Favre, I wonder if people are forgetting just how good Michael Vick really is.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Re: Minnesota Vickings?

Vic is a running QB.
    We have Peterson in the backfield.
    We need someone that can throw the ball and read defenses and play Chillies Boring Ass Offense.
    He just doesn't fit here is the problem.
    Besides that he is a jerk for torturing animals.

Welcome to PP.O

WWBGD

Here's what Vick would do: Continue to be a terrible quarterback who sucked in the west coast system already, and probably continue to torture animals, flick off fans, do drugs, employ an entourage of criminals, etc.
    Childress isn't interested, and I doubt the Vikings organization wants protests at every single game.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The Vick scenario is #2 on the list behind Favre.

Next....

Vick as a viking? I would like to think that Ziggy would never be so desperate. Screw that dog killing a**wipe. I love my dogs. love em. Anyone who hurts dogs deserves a special place in hell. Because we all know, All Dogs Go To Heaven. I firmly believe that. Even the "bad" ones. People made 'em bad. Guys like that douschebag vick. I swear, I would fight that prick if I ever came across him. Would he thrash me? Probably. He's a professional athlete. But I'm not small and the Army has taught me a few tricks. I just might get an eye gouge or liver punch in. And actually, now that I think about it, i might just be able to choke the turd to death. Could be the beer talking, but f8ck it. I would immediatly fight that prick if I saw him. You can't just sick your abused dogs on other dogs, Chihuahua's for crimminy sakes, just to train the dogs to be ruthless. My little gal is a chihuahua. I love that dog. F*ck. I hate that prick. I would not follow the 'Vikes if that a-hole came sniffing around. Not that it would ever happen. I believe Ziggy is waaaay to smart for that. Vick. F*cking douschebag. Interesting thread though.
    Edit. Now that I think about it, I had to add this: Hurting dogs, it's almost as bad as willfully hurting little kids. For real. Edit: I too have a "Hard-On" for vick-bitch. I'd like to cram my FIST down his b*tch throat. Poor choice of words I guess. On my part. Not.
    Tuco the world.....

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"TheBlackChip" wrote:
    With all this talk about Favre, I wonder if people are forgetting just how good Michael Vick really is.
    How good he is?

Are you talking about his:

* Career 53.8% completion rate?

* Career 75.7 passer rating?

* Career 2-2 playoff win percentage?

* Career 155.5 passing yards/game?

The NFL isn't Madden.
    Michael Vick is a mediocre NFL quarterback, at best.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Zeus" wrote:
    "TheBlackChip" wrote:
    How good he is?

The NFL isn't Madden.

=Z=
    I'm not for Vick in the least... but you should probably point out his rushing yards too... just to get the full picture: 3,859 career yards on 529 attempts (that's 7.3 yards/attempt) and 21 TDs.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "TheBlackChip" wrote:
    How good he is?

The NFL isn't Madden.
    I'm not for Vick in the least... but you should probably point out his rushing yards too... just to get the full picture: 3,859 career yards on 529 attempts (that's 7.3 yards/attempt) and 21 TDs.
    Quarterbacks in the modern NFL do best when they can pass the ball with accuracy.
    Vick cannot do that.
    His rushing, while a personal strength, has never translated into real success for the team.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "TheBlackChip" wrote:
    How good he is?

The NFL isn't Madden.
    Quarterbacks in the modern NFL do best when they can pass the ball with accuracy.
    Vick cannot do that.
    His rushing, while a personal strength, has never translated into real success for the team.

=Z=
    Agreed. As much as I have man love for running QBs, I don't want Vick. We have a runner. We need a passer. Favre is a passer.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "TheBlackChip" wrote:
    How good he is?

The NFL isn't Madden.
    Vick cannot do that.

=Z=

And what has Favre done in the past decade?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast