SJHILL is offline Starter

To Minnesota sports fans

Wow, another stadium thread, but this one is directed to all fans of Minnesota sports. As you know, Gopher football, the Vikings, and the Twins all want new stadiums. I am a diehard fan for all of them, so naturally I want three new stadiums, but can it be done? I think so. A Gopher stadium is in the works, because TPF Banks are willing to sponsor it. But, what about the Vikings and Twins. I would love a Twins stadium in downtorn St. Paul somewhere near the XI'm not really going to be picky where the Vikings stadium will be. I would love for it to be in the downtown area of St. Paul aswell, but that won't happen. Blaine seems like a great option. What are your opinions on what to do with this stadium deal?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: To Minnesota sports fans

Two Texas HIGH SCHOOL Stadiums each more than $20 million.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2004-10-05-spending-cover_x.htm

http://www.texasbob.com/football/ntindex4.html

Scroll down to......

C. H. Collins Athletic Complex

Denton ISD new $23mil. stadium. It opened with the Denton High vs. Ryan High game Sept. 3rd, 2004.

Dallas Cowboy article: OUCH for the fans and players
    http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/cowboysstadium/stories/DN-irvtaxes_22met.ART0.North.Edition2.3ed1da8.html

Arlington City Council members last year approved a 10 percent ticket tax and $3 parking tax for events at the new Cowboys stadium – money that will be used by the Cowboys to pay for the team's expected $325 million share of the stadium.

If the money is deducted from players' paychecks, the fee could be harder to swallow for rookie players, whose salaries start around $230,000. A Cowboys player could face a $50,000 hit for eight regular-season games and two preseason games.

Anyone read any of those articles?

Why can't the tax payers cough up some money?

Some interesting ideas that I don't think that I have heard of before in the Cowboys new stadium article.

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

I hear ya. I love to have all three teams have their own area to play, and it does not matter if they play in Blaine, St. Paul, or Mankato. just as long as they are in Minnesota.

As far as the tax payers coughing up the bread, that would be great if they did do that , but I am not holding my breath.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Why do you need a different stadium for the vikes and gophers? They both play football, seems kind of wasteful to have two.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Why do you need a different stadium for the vikes and gophers? They both play football, seems kind of wasteful to have two.
    Minnesota is know to be conservative(reserved) but not on this apparently.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

i could care less about the gophers, blaine would be the best spot to put the vikings stadium so we can actually have places to park and it would be easier access to get there, putting it downtown like the metrodome would be just stupid. also the twin cities is trying to move north more and not south, a stadium up north would help the cause and it would help justify building a third lane to duluth and back like they have been planning to do. the twins don't need a new stadium, pohlad is cheap like red mccombs; all they need to do is add more bathrooms and more luxary boxes it's not like the twins games are sold out anyways so why build them a new stadium?
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

SJHILL is offline Starter

^^^The Twins need a new stadium more than the Vikings.