singersp is offline PPO Newshound

To be Minnesota Nice, it's been an interesting Vikings pre-season

[size=13pt]To be Minnesota Nice, it's been an interesting Vikings pre-season [/size]

Posted at: 08/28/2007 11:01:32 AM
    Updated at: 08/28/2007 11:10:48 AM

By: Rod Simons
    kstp.com

For the first time in years (and much like covering the first Minnesota Wild training camp with all the new French-Canadian or European players), I've needed a program to get to know my Minnesota Vikings....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

Re: To be Minnesota Nice, it's been an interesting Vikings pre-season

kind of pessimistic, it's all good though we can all look back in February and see all the ass kissing flip-floppers tell us that they predicted a super bowl victory for the purple! 8)
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

after re-watching some of the last few pre-season games i can see some turning points that i at least believe will be reason for a nice, not great, season.

1. TJack is gonna develop. each game will get him better.. will he be a breakout QB machine.. i doubt it, but my faith is still in him to be one of the greats if we let him continue to produce and learn.

2. WR's are def moving foward with TJack!! Wade, Rice, Furgy, Twill all have shown they are improving with the sync needed to be a winning team. I just hope that the sync happens before week 1.. and climax's around playoffs.

3. OL.. if you examine some of the pics i've found around the net you can see we have some pretty good protection, it can only get better.. and anyone notice that when we needed short yardage.. we went left, they knew we would go left, and we still pushed their D line back 2 yards.

4. D wise.. i can only hope that the Passing game is gotten better. we havn't seen 2 much of a whole game with the starters. but i can see that we have lots of depth, and if someone is off, tired, or can't continue we have the legs and talent to support um.

5. Coaching.. BChill has recognized some of his faults.. some of his rooki mistakes, now lets see if he can be man enouf to correct them.. and be the Coach we need..

6. we have some amazing talent in the backfield.. FB, TE, RB
    it's all there!!!

it might not be the 30 point team we got used to before.. but it's gonna be a lot tuffer team then we've had in a LOONG time.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Tarvaris will get better every game. We have a strong rushing game and a great defense, this will afford the passing game to continue to get better. It's not that far off, Seattle blitzed and pressured TJ, and he got the ball out, made quick decisions, and if they keep sending the blitz we are gonna hit some big plays.

The season is about to start and we will open the playbook, and will press the seam and alot of formations, with motion, AP on a flare.... no LB is gonna cover him, Shiancoe down the seam forcing a safety to help, opening 1 on 1 for Wade, Ferguson, T-Will, or Rice. We are going to be exciting this year.

ajjanssen is offline Rookie

"digital420" wrote:
    after re-watching some of the last few pre-season games i can see some turning points that i at least believe will be reason for a nice, not great, season.

1. TJack is gonna develop. each game will get him better.. will he be a breakout QB machine.. i doubt it, but my faith is still in him to be one of the greats if we let him continue to produce and learn.

2. WR's are def moving foward with TJack!! Wade, Rice, Furgy, Twill all have shown they are improving with the sync needed to be a winning team. I just hope that the sync happens before week 1.. and climax's around playoffs.

3. OL.. if you examine some of the pics i've found around the net you can see we have some pretty good protection, it can only get better.. and anyone notice that when we needed short yardage.. we went left, they knew we would go left, and we still pushed their D line back 2 yards.

4. D wise.. i can only hope that the Passing game is gotten better. we havn't seen 2 much of a whole game with the starters. but i can see that we have lots of depth, and if someone is off, tired, or can't continue we have the legs and talent to support um.

5. Coaching.. BChill has recognized some of his faults.. some of his rooki mistakes, now lets see if he can be man enouf to correct them.. and be the Coach we need..

6. we have some amazing talent in the backfield.. FB, TE, RB
    it's all there!!!

it might not be the 30 point team we got used to before.. but it's gonna be a lot tuffer team then we've had in a LOONG time.

DiGiTaL
    What about:
    1. TJack looks like he has good things and bad things after the first three PRESEASON games (Doesn't it piss you off that EVERY
    time an opposing team brings a safety blitz, TJack can't get the recognition to use his cannon arm in the middle deep part of the field?)
    Our Wideouts all are completely and utterly unproven.
    Worst yet, Wade and Ferguson have been terrible (for whatever excuse) in their previous stints and Wade has been a journeymen
    his entire short five year career.
    Couple that with the fact that Rice has never taken a down against a defense that plans for Sunday, we could potentially have trouble.
    If Our Oline does not get the discipline to stop the false starts we won't have to worry about the development of Tjack and the Wideouts because they will never get beyond three and out.
    Every Slant pass over the middle (besides Antoines' sweet pick) went for 12 yard gains on Saturday.
    They have yet to prove that they can stop a game-planning offense in the regular season and we shall see because teams will go after our secondary early and often.
    Chilly is still Chilly, and we have not seen his antics during the regular season yet.
    Face it, this time last year WE all were excited about Coach Childress.
    My excitement is reserved for a Vikings team that doesn't make excuses and owns up when they make mistakes and he has yet to ever do that.
    FB yes, HB yes, TE who are you talking about because there is not a proven TE on our squad.
    Jimmy has been hurt and Shienco has no stripes in the NFL

I refuse to believe that we need to get used to the right side of this offensive line because it sucks