Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Minnesota Legislature = Cheap!

O.K., the funding for the stadium adds like 5cents onto the dollar in taxes....CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! I hate it....nobody cares about the Vikings and it makes me furious! Move the Vikes here to South Dakota....people actually care about em' here! People in Minny aren't that poor that they can't pay 5 cents!!!!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Re: Minnesota Legislature = Cheap!

This article doesn't shine a good light on the stadium deal. I just wish it was being built for sure.

Vikings’ stadium plan needs retooling
    A new Vikings stadium moves Minnesotans to question their priorities.

new Vikings stadium is good for Minnesota. The way the Vikings ownership proposes to pay for it, however, is not.
    The proposal calls for a $675 million retractable-roof stadium to be located in Blaine. The taxpayers of Anoka County would pay for the majority — $400 million — of the stadium with another $115 million coming from the state.

Unfortunately, Anoka County is asking the state to waive state law that requires a sales tax to be passed by referendum. The county would then impose a 0.75 percent sales tax to help pay for construction. Disallowing Anoka County residents a vote on whether the stadium is right for them or if the price is reasonable is intolerable and another example of how business enterprises use their power to the detriment of regular, working people.
    Read on:

http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2005/09/21/65208/

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Well you almost had the training camp up there in your part of the state before they reached a new deal with Mankato. Anyway this does suck but with two others going for stadiums as well it will be tough for any of them to get deals. (Although I think the Gophers should shut up and just continue playing in the Metrodome so the pro franchises, mainly the Vikings can get their deals done)
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

OK, so gas goes up by $1.50 per gallon in the last 2 years, but Minnesotans can't pay a .75 sales tax? I think they should raise the South Dakota sales tax a percent or two to help the cause....people around here wouldn't mind to help out! I'm sure North Dakota would be the same....we're all Vikes fans around here...even though in the last 2 weeks many are hesitant to admit it!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

"FuadFan" wrote:
    Well you almost had the training camp up there in your part of the state before they reached a new deal with Mankato. Anyway this does suck but with two others going for stadiums as well it will be tough for any of them to get deals. (Although I think the Gophers should shut up and just continue playing in the Metrodome so the pro franchises, mainly the Vikings can get their deals done)
    Yeah, they almost held Vikings Camp on the field that I used to play high school football on....very nice field, field turf and everything....wish it woulda got done because in the summer I work right across the parking lot at canaries stadium....I coulda went to watch Vikings practice, then went straight to work at the stadium....woulda been bliss for me!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

The .75 tax would be in Anoka county, not a state wide tax.

On 100 hundred dollars spent, it would cost 75 cents in extra tax.

The state would contribute 115 million towards the stadium and 115 million in infrastructure (roads), that is already planned to be done it just would be done sooner.

And the bonds they issue would be recaptured form the taxes raised from building the stadium and the surrounding project, and sales tax from those venues.

But they do not mention that the 115 million for the road improvements is already scheduled to be done. That is not added cost, and the state actually makes money on that deal because of the increased revenue from this project.

It comes down to people being short sited, and not looking at the big picture.

Nobody mentions the 70 million we spent on the Gutherie Theather that is a privately held company.

Or the 5 million to move that building on E street 1 block because it is on the historical buildings list. Even tho it is going to cost us another 7 to 12 million more, because they screwed it up and they have to renevate the building.

So give me my damnn stadium you cheap bastards.

Had to vent!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    The .75 tax would be in Anoka county, not a state wide tax.

On 100 hundred dollars spent, it would cost 75 cents in extra tax.

The state would contribute 115 million towards the stadium and 115 million in infrastructure (roads), that is already planned to be done it just would be done sooner.

And the bonds they issue would be recaptured form the taxes raised from building the stadium and the surrounding project, and sales tax from those venues.

But they do not mention that the 115 million for the road improvements is already scheduled to be done. That is not added cost, and the state actually makes money on that deal because of the increased revenue from this project.

It comes down to people being short sited, and not looking at the big picture.

Nobody mentions the 70 million we spent on the Gutherie Theather that is a privately held company.

Or the 5 million to move that building on E street 1 block because it is on the historical buildings list. Even tho it is going to cost us another 7 to 12 million more, because they screwed it up and they have to renevate the building.

So give me my damnn stadium you cheap bastards.
    Had to vent!

So true...and its funny, some of these people were the same people who used to blast (and still do) the Vikings and Twins because their owners were (McCombs) and are (Pohlad) cheap! I would now ask these same people, how are you any better you penny pinching butt stuffers!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

I agree with all of you, I want a stadium.

But you have to see it from another's point of view, would you want to pay for something you could care less about? Especially while your child's school is under funded?

What I want to know is, are sports teams beneficial or a burden on society? What I mean is, in the “Big Picture�, does the state make money off of the teams (jobs, taxes, state appeal), or does the cost of the stadium far out weigh the rest?

I'd give in, this isn't going to go away....and yes, the state makes money off the team....tourism, people from South Dakota and North Dakota flock to the Dome every Sunday...plus there is out of state fans from Wisconsin and Iowa that come, not to forget many of the fans on this site are from out of state...it would bring revenue to the community, and I guarentee once the Vikes got this, that Wilf would be petitioning to get a Super Bowl in Minnesota, and I'd bet we'd get it! The revenues from that would be insane compared to a regular season game!

Plus 75 cents for every 100 dollars you spend!!!? Thats not unreasonable by any means!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast