Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top_Speed is offline Starter

Minnesota Eagles (Trade Grade)

I know it's been said and thought but I must say I'm getting tired of this "Philadelphia Freedom".

Childress needs to cut his love for both Philly and Wisconsin players and start looking at players on a level playing field.

Green and Purple just don't mix....
    -Mike McMahon (never liked him and now not many here do either)
    -Billy McMullen (and we could have had Baskett who would have made the team? what a move huh?)
    -Artis Hicks (seems OK so far, jury is still out however on him)
    -Todd Pinkston (are you kidding? what a risk. at least we didn't give up any purple guys for him)
    -Brooks Bollinger (Wisconsin connection... well if Childress wasn't so stuck on getting McMahon we could have probably got somebody earlier who is much more tested especially for the so called experienced backup we need(ed).

So all in all, get off the pipe Childress. I like you but your love for your old player relationships is costing us!!! Yes I am sore still about Hank Baskett being traded for Philly garbage that they didn't want anymore. SO FAR... SHIPPY TRADES! Grade D (I would give an F if it were not for Hicks)

Any more Childress trade grades??
    Home Sweet Dome...

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Minnesota Eagles (Trade Grade)

How bout INCOMPLETE?

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

"Top_Speed" wrote:
    I know it's been said and thought but I must say I'm getting tired of this "Philadelphia Freedom".

Childress needs to cut his love for both Philly and Wisconsin players and start looking at players on a level playing field.

Green and Purple just don't mix....
    -Mike McMahon (never liked him and now not many here do either)
    -Billy McMullen (and we could have had Baskett who would have made the team? what a move huh?)
    -Artis Hicks (seems OK so far, jury is still out however on him)
    -Todd Pinkston (are you kidding? what a risk. at least we didn't give up any purple guys for him)
    -Brooks Bollinger (Wisconsin connection... well if Childress wasn't so stuck on getting McMahon we could have probably got somebody earlier who is much more tested especially for the so called experienced backup we need(ed).

So all in all, get off the pipe Childress. I like you but your love for your old player relationships is costing us!!! Yes I am sore still about Hank Baskett being traded for Philly garbage that they didn't want anymore. SO FAR... SHIPPY TRADES! Grade D (I would give an F if it were not for Hicks)

Any more Childress trade grades??
    Ok this is becoming rather irritating, i'll say it once and once only, it you don't agree with Childress why not just root for Meathead Tice in Jacksonville. If nobody really has much faith in Childress we might as well pack it up this season. Everybody is so gol 'darnit negative, we haven't even seen them play yet.

-Mike McMahon - Given yes he was a mistake, he can be released.
    -Billy McMullen - Ok for the record the intial report on Baskett was that he was a very slow route runner and on fast routes it was costly, he was like Randy Moss with mearly a linebackers speed.
    -Artis Hicks - Who cares? He's better than the patchwork morons Tice has in there.
    -Todd Pinkston - Bla bla, alligator arms my foot, he didit 2 times in 5 years, it wasn't his job to go over the middle and get punished, I can't say I blame him, he's 6-3 178, he would probably get broken in 2. He signed a 1 year deal, Minimum pay.
    -Brooks Bollinger - What's wrong with him? Who cares if he played for Wisconsin...Erasmus James did too, I guess we should cut him too for that huh?

Some of you really need to stop complaining, atleast we are being alot more competitive then recent years, I for one am enjoying the new Staff and the moves they are making. I support what Childress is doing, doesn't seem many others do as well.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

What I can't understand is how a lot of people complain about our unproven WR corps, or our LB whatever whatever....Then Childress tries to address those needs, and everyone gets their panties in a bunch. Childress is trying to get the most talent for the money and looking at positions that he KNOWS we need. He's been in the league a lot longer than anyone of us, so I think he would know what the best moves are. He has to worry about the salary cap and relative pay of the players too (what QB would want to make less than BJ right now? That's why we signed Bollinger, we's alright and he would) This isn't fantasy football, this is the real thing, so there is a lot more to worry about than just the names in your roster. We can't have perfect players at every position. And even still, with as much complaining about WR's and LB's I think both corps' are doing a lot better than anticipated? Am I safe to say that? None of us are in on the inside and good thing. I give Childress a solid A, b/c he had a nice draft (hindsight is 20/20) with the pick up of Greenway and TJack and has made good trades to beef up our offensive line and getting Chester Taylor certainly didn't hurt us. Yes, he hasn't found his grove yet, but it'll happen sooner or later. Maybe not this year even, but he has the strength and speed to get things done. So stop trying to downgrade the NEW staff so much. Some of you posters are as bad as the media, and are the reason why Vikings' fan loyalty isn't as high as we thought. Leave the inaccurate criticism to Sean Salliesberry, and leave it out of PP.o
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

i dont mind coaches getting players they've been connected to in the past.

hell, we got winfield, cowart, pat williams from the cotrell connection.

but to be fair to childress, he's not getting these players and immediatly putting them into starting spots. depth.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Prophet Guest

"Braddock" wrote:
    What I can't understand is how a lot of people complain about our unproven WR corps, or our LB whatever whatever....Then Childress tries to address those needs, and everyone gets their panties in a bunch. Childress is trying to get the most talent for the money and looking at positions that he KNOWS we need. He's been in the league a lot longer than anyone of us, so I think he would know what the best moves are. He has to worry about the salary cap and relative pay of the players too (what QB would want to make less than BJ right now? That's why we signed Bollinger, we's alright and he would) This isn't fantasy football, this is the real thing, so there is a lot more to worry about than just the names in your roster. We can't have perfect players at every position. And even still, with as much complaining about WR's and LB's I think both corps' are doing a lot better than anticipated? Am I safe to say that? None of us are in on the inside and good thing. I give Childress a solid A, b/c he had a nice draft (hindsight is 20/20) with the pick up of Greenway and TJack and has made good trades to beef up our offensive line and getting Chester Taylor certainly didn't hurt us. Yes, he hasn't found his grove yet, but it'll happen sooner or later. Maybe not this year even, but he has the strength and speed to get things done. So stop trying to downgrade the NEW staff so much. Some of you posters are as bad as the media, and are the reason why Vikings' fan loyalty isn't as high as we thought. Leave the inaccurate criticism to Sean Salliesberry, and leave it out of PP.o
    Just remember this and all these comments will make sense.

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

If many take time to understand what comfort coaches get from knowing a player then they might lay off Brad's back for a min.
    He is having an immediate need and needs players to fill. Be in QB or WR. Obviously he has time constraints so ofcourse he is going to try and get a player he would try and get the best off quickly. What better place would he have to look than a pool that he is versed with.
    Do people notice that most of the Eagles players he signs are mostly on one year deals. Tells you they are just temporal solutions

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"happy" wrote:
    i dont mind coaches getting players they've been connected to in the past.

hell, we got winfield, cowart, pat williams from the cotrell connection.

but to be fair to childress, he's not getting these players and immediatly putting them into starting spots. depth.

I feel the same, Childress knows these guys and knows what they can and can't do for his system....I think he gave McMahon a chance and it was a chance the McMahon had to live up to which he didn't.
    I give him (Childress) credit for swallowing some pride when he realized McMahon wasn't the answer for a backup...

I'll hold off on judging the others till I see how they pan out on the field..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Give it time.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I have no problem with bringing in guys from the Eagles, the Eagles has succeded and is considered a good team in the NFC, they where in the superbowl 2 years ago.. Also bringing in the players from Eagles help the rookies and other young players, they can be mentored how to succeed in this offense by these guys..

Its good depth, remember the guys we brought in are not gonna start.. Only Artis Hicks..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast