Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: The Minnesota Adrian Petersons

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    I think if he ends up having to carry the load most of the season that he may end up hitting a wall somewhere along the road. I think the carries should be spread out pretty evenly once Taylor comes back from his injury. Also, the Vikings need to activate Moore this week. Having only one healthy RB at the end of last week was real bad news.
    Seems like young guys like Caddy Williams and Ronnie Brown may have hit that wall.
    They actually are a little bit lackluster this year and last year compared to their rookie years.

I want AP to be a great back his entire career.
    I just don't want him to fall victim to the hype.

Yup those are the two players I was thinking of. I voted temporary because it's good to see that he when AP has to carry the load he can, but it's not something I want to see every week when we have another proven back in Taylor.

Thanks Josdin

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    I think if he ends up having to carry the load most of the season that he may end up hitting a wall somewhere along the road. I think the carries should be spread out pretty evenly once Taylor comes back from his injury. Also, the Vikings need to activate Moore this week. Having only one healthy RB at the end of last week was real bad news.
    Seems like young guys like Caddy Williams and Ronnie Brown may have hit that wall.
    They actually are a little bit lackluster this year and last year compared to their rookie years.

AP's abilities are just insane though. He plays at a level that is not human. The 2 you mentioned are very human as is Cedric Benson (same draft class).

I look at AP as a very special player that can't be imitated. He has his own class.
    Like an LT or Larry Johnson. He's not an outside or inside guy. He'll break a big play anywhere on the field.

The scariest part is both his speed and his strength carry over into the NFL. He breaks tackles and knocks people back like crazy. But give him too much space and hell go right by you.

I'm exited theres only one thing that could slow this kid down, but i don't want to mention that.
    I hope you are right.
    It would be so nice to have a franchise RB.
    A real one.
    LT and LJ are the faces for those teams.

I am not sure if they are captains or co-captains, but they are definitely guys that could be.

Ha Ha,
    Kryptonite!
    If it is not Kryptonite, I don't want it mentioned either.....

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Considering, how our first round draft picks have fared in the past, I don't know how anyone could see ANYTHING bad about All Day.

He is a humble, softspoken guy, the success won't go to his head.

We should be more concerned about making sure we don't overload him with carries. As long as we don't do that he will not hit a wall. Taylor is still the starter in my mind. AD is the best backup RB in the league right now, but we'll still be better when Taylor gets back.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

Adrian shouldering the team is.......
    Other.

Only because there is no "Untrue" option.
    Without the O-line, Defense, Coaches, ST, and marginal passing game we wouldn't be as good.
    Alhough we could still go .500 with just AD and some cardboard standups.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:

Cadillac and Ronnie can't carry AP's jock!!!
    AP is a SPECIAL talent...can't miss type of talent that was only rivaled by Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas and LaRon Landry in this year's draft.
    We got us a STEAL at #7...and he will be the next LT if things keep on going the way that they are...he has MORE versatility than Larry Johnson or Steven Jackson...and has the type of work ethic that propelled superstars like Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith and Marshall Faulk to the top.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"lakehubertviking" wrote:
    Adrian shouldering the team is.......
    Other.

Only because there is no "Untrue" option.
    Without the O-line, Defense, Coaches, ST, and marginal passing game we wouldn't be as good.
    Alhough we could still go .500 with just AD and some cardboard standups.
    I really didn't mean that he was going to win the games entirely by his own efforts.

I made the question vague so there would be more varied responses, and that is exactly what this thread has been getting.

But to explain my view a bit further, because he is getting most of the attention from the media, he is in essence shouldering the team.
    He is actually hiding the negatives that the media could be pointing out.
    When the media wants to ask TJ about how he likes to have AP as a teammate, that is a more positive article than have twenty reporters ask him why his passes sailed high or ricocheted of WRs for INTs.
    Also, as pointed out by the star trib article, it also takes some attention away from other positives like the amazing INT the K-Will had.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:

Cadillac and Ronnie can't carry AP's jock!!!
    AP is a SPECIAL talent...can't miss type of talent that was only rivaled by Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas and LaRon Landry in this year's draft.
    We got us a STEAL at #7...and he will be the next LT if things keep on going the way that they are...he has MORE versatility than Larry Johnson or Steven Jackson...and has the type of work ethic that propelled superstars like Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith and Marshall Faulk to the top.
    I love the conviction of your post.

I am also so glad we passed on my guy Caddy (TB), and your guy D-Will (Car) from the previous drafts.

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "lakehubertviking" wrote:
    But to explain my view a bit further, because he is getting most of the attention from the media, he is in essence shouldering the team.
    He is actually hiding the negatives that the media could be pointing out.
    When the media wants to ask TJ about how he likes to have AP as a teammate, that is a more positive article than have twenty reporters ask him why his passes sailed high or ricocheted of WRs for INTs.
    Also, as pointed out by the star trib article, it also takes some attention away from other positives like the amazing INT the K-Will had.
    I change my vote to good then.
    He doesn't seem to shrink under the spotlight, and it's nice to see the spotlight pointed our way at least a little bit (and for a positive reason at that). 8)

MinnyFan is offline Rookie

other...exciting

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

its definatly expected.
    And im glad he had such a good show case last week.
    Hopefully him & chester taylor can continue to make the defense honest, thats when tavaris will be able to relax a little and become "THE leader".
    As he becomes more comfortable behind center, i truely believe we'll see some of our young WR's in the highlight reel cant wait

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast