Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The Minnesota Adrian Petersons

I was thinking about this the last few days.
    The Vikings are now synonymous with Adrian Peterson.

Proof:

Exhibit A
    The headlines from the 24-3 victory over Atlanta in Sunday's opener centered on the debut of running back Adrian Peterson, but he was only the runner-up when it came to most impressive player on the Dome's turf.

Kevin Williams was sensational, and his accomplishments went beyond the highlight interception against the Falcons' Joey Harrington. Williams went 54 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter. That stood as the game's only touchdown until Peterson's 60-yard catch and run in the middle of the fourth quarter.
    http://www.startribune.com/reusse/story/1419429.html

Exhibit B
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    I guess the 7th overall pick having a 160 yard FIRST GAME, let alone the D, is worth mentioning on HBO's Inside the NFL which used to be my favorite sports show. Even aside from them leaving out the Vikes, it was BORING,their discussions went nowhere, they didn't even go through all their picks for week 2, and their show is still 4:3 standard definition because only everyone I know has access to HDTV, and there's also regular HBO for people who don't.
    Exhibit C
    It is difficult for the NFL sports shows to talk about anything other than AD.
    Everyone wants a piece of the running sensation.
    If he wasn't one of the brightest rookies, we wouldn't be getting this much attention.

What are the positives and negatives surrounding this?
    Will Tarvaris ever be THE leader?
    Will AP24/7AD live up to the hype that the media is putting on him already?
    The hype the fans are putting on him too?

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Minnesota Adrian Petersons

Expected is a pretty accurate option, especially given that he did score our only TD.

What you would like to hope is that the correct option will end up being 'temporary', because other offensive players will step up to share the attention. Fx. TJack and Sidney Rice, or even TWill

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Expected.
    Of course I want all of them (WR's, RB's, TJ etc) to think they should shoulder the load at some point.

Whether the sports hacks realize this and give them the press they deserve when they do shoulder the load like the D did this week.......
    Well you know my feelings on that.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

I think if he ends up having to carry the load most of the season that he may end up hitting a wall somewhere along the road. I think the carries should be spread out pretty evenly once Taylor comes back from his injury. Also, the Vikings need to activate Moore this week. Having only one healthy RB at the end of last week was real bad news.

Thanks Josdin

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I don't really care what the media says as long as things are sound in the locker room.
    It appears to me, based on the players reactions and comments, that the team is playing and acting like a team.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I think after week 2 he will have greater than LT status

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    I think if he ends up having to carry the load most of the season that he may end up hitting a wall somewhere along the road. I think the carries should be spread out pretty evenly once Taylor comes back from his injury. Also, the Vikings need to activate Moore this week. Having only one healthy RB at the end of last week was real bad news.
    Seems like young guys like Caddy Williams and Ronnie Brown may have hit that wall.
    They actually are a little bit lackluster this year and last year compared to their rookie years.

I want AP to be a great back his entire career.
    I just don't want him to fall victim to the hype.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I guess I am bordering between good/expected.
    It is somewhat expected but certainly a good thing.

If he can stay healthy, which I think he can, he will be an exiting player to watch for years to come.

It feels good to wake up in the morning being a Vikings fan!

I had to vote for Good.

I expected that CT was going to carry half the load.
    I could say that I expected him to carry the load later this year or next year, but not this early.

I say good because I really think it takes the weight off of TJ and the WRs.
    If this was CT that had that game and AP was on the sideline, then it would have been an average game.
    But this way, with AP getting Rookie Hype, they don't have to talk much about TJ and the WRs, the lack of offense or the lack of TDs.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    Seems like young guys like Caddy Williams and Ronnie Brown may have hit that wall.
    They actually are a little bit lackluster this year and last year compared to their rookie years.

I want AP to be a great back his entire career.
    I just don't want him to fall victim to the hype.

AP's abilities are just insane though. He plays at a level that is not human. The 2 you mentioned are very human as is Cedric Benson (same draft class).

I look at AP as a very special player that can't be imitated. He has his own class.
    Like an LT or Larry Johnson. He's not an outside or inside guy. He'll break a big play anywhere on the field.

The scariest part is both his speed and his strength carry over into the NFL. He breaks tackles and knocks people back like crazy. But give him too much space and hell go right by you.

I'm exited theres only one thing that could slow this kid down, but i don't want to mention that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast