Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Wilf will meet with Minneapolis Officials Wednesday

"vike_mike" wrote:
    Oops sorry. I tried to look for it and I found nothing.
    It's alright, you are new here.

FYI, not every article will have it's own seperate thread, so it pays to search for "key words" from the article.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The PP.O Dome does have a nice ring to it. :wink:

I honestly love the dome. I love the noise, I love the Minneapolis atmosphere, I used to love the tailgating (back when there was parking). Part of me is going to be sad during the last game there. However...

Not enough bathrooms or concessions to service even half the max capacity.
    Not enough seats to win a superbowl venue.
    Not any parking at all, especially now that Rapid Park is going to become a Twins stadium.

The dome is old, and the multipurpose sports arena design has proven to be les effective for both teams and fans than a dedicated stadium.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

they stay in the dome, they lose me as a season ticket holder. I hate the place.
    You republican whore!

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

So then you guys are in favor of a retractable dome then somewhere out there.

"Somewhere out there, there is a Vikings home".

I really dont care if it has a roof or not. It is a little less complicated to do renovations to a facility without a roof, where ever they go, i hope they plan on staying at the same site for more than just 24 years.
    You republican whore!

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I really dont care if it has a roof or not. It is a little less complicated to do renovations to a facility without a roof, where ever they go, i hope they plan on staying at the same site for more than just 24 years.
    Not if it's raining, snowing or freezing!

Re: Minneapolis back in the running as a stadium site?

From KFFL.com;

Vikings | Wilf discusses team's future with Minneapolis officials
    Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:27:37 -0700

Rochelle Olson, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf talked for 90 minutes with Minneapolis officials about real estate options and the Vikings' future in the city.

The meeting was held behind closed doors and focused primarily on opportunities for development that did not involve the Vikings. However, city leaders expressed hope the team would stay in Minneapolis. Wilf said he would like to move the team to a new stadium in Anoka County. Development officials presented Wilf with areas primed for projects.

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

So then I can't understand why you can't get the deal done. What is the problem. They have a year and should be able to come up with something within that time frame.

Posted on Thu, Jul. 20, 2006

[size=18px]Rybak, Wilf talk about land use[/size]

Mayor: Retaining Vikings a city goal

BY ARON KAHN
    Pioneer Press

A year ago almost to the day, real estate entrepreneur and new Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said he wanted to be an active developer in the Twin Cities, beyond his proposed Vikings stadium and retail project in Blaine.

On Wednesday, he and Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak, the city's chief development booster, sat down to talk about options that could possibly keep the Vikings in Minneapolis, though both sides downplayed that option for now.

The Vikings' agreement with Anoka County for a subsidized stadium complex in Blaine ran out at the close of the 2006 legislative session, where lawmakers set aside the Vikings project while approving stadiums for the Minnesota Twins and University of Minnesota. But the team and Anoka County were expected to be back at the state Capitol in 2007 in another quest for approval.

There was no real evidence Wednesday that the Vikings will cut their ties with Anoka County in favor of a bond with Minneapolis, home of the 24-year-old Metrodome. But Rybak said after his meeting with Wilf that city officials made it clear to the Vikings owner that they would try to work out a plan for a new or remodeled stadium if Wilf were interested.

"It's important to keep the Vikings in the city,' Rybak told reporters.

The Vikings have steadfastly said a remodeled Metrodome is out of the question. Whether they'll soften their stance is unclear, but there were other development opportunities to talk about as the mayor and the owner got to know each other.

The city wants to sell nine of its 24 parking ramps to developers, who would have the option to keep running them as is, to develop residential and commercial clusters around them or to tear them down as a prelude to larger developments.

Rybak said he and Wilf had an informative though very general discussion on a variety of development options around town, including Bassett Creek Valley, a 200-acre area just west of downtown and north of Interstate 394. But there were no commitments.

"You should never do a prenup on the first date,' the mayor said.

Aron Kahn can be reached at [email protected] or 612-228-6516.

Rybak, Wilf talk about land use

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast