Re: Mini-camp press conference and Pics

"Muggsy" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp
    Quote Originally Posted by cogitans
    When I read what Brad says, I get a really good feeling inside. He's a true leader, he's as smart as anyone, and he has so much experience. I'm hyped about him behind center for the coming season.

He draws up plays at home to bring in and show to the coaches :smile:

Also, he will be an outstanding teacher for T-Jack in the coming years.
    That's IF he teaches him. I think Brad will be more of a "You want to learn, watch me play" type teacher, rather than a one-to-one type teacher.
    I believe he'll be learning him a lot about how to read defences. Especially siting in the video room, showing him what to look for.
    It seemed to me that Brad didn't share any of his expertise or experience with DC, so I don't expect him to wth T-Jack, McMahon or JT.
    Maybe that's because DC was a idiot who thought he knew it all and didn't want to learn? Isn't that a tiny bit possible? :lol:
    Usually when an offense calls a time out, I'm used to seeing both QB's talking with the coach.

Many times it was just Tice & Daunte.
    Ok, Ok, singer, we gets da point, youse don't like BJ!

Dis is from some QB school I hoid about from "Big Moose" Snidecki.

http://www.guspurcellquarterbackschool.com/superqb.html

The Enquirer-Journal
    By: Lee Noles

Super QB
    Local camp allows young QBs to work with reigning Super Bowl champion

WINGATE
    Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Campers at Gus Purcell's quarterback school got a special treat Monday.
    Brad Johnson - last season's Super Bowl champion with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers- spent the day teaching fundamentals to the 150 athletes who attended. This is the 10th year that Johnson has taught at the camp at Wingate University.
    This year's camp has seen athletes come from nine states, ranging from rising 8th graders to seniors in high school.
    One of those is Union county resident Cameron Jones.
    A freshman at Charlotte Catholic, Jones is from Waxhaw and is in his first year at camp.
    "I didn't think he was going to be that tall," said Jones of 6-5 Johnson. "And when he explained things it felt like we could shoot for the same things."

Da guy likes ta teach, singer. An' he's apparently good at it or dey wouldn't have had him dere for 10 years.

Tice mebbe thought dat Daunte knew it all, and Daunte thought dat he knew it all. Mebbe BJ was right dere ready ta give his two cents if he was asked. I dunno.

All I knows is ya oughta wait an' see if Brad teaches T-Jack foist before ya badmouth him, y'know? Give 'im a chance, y'know? If he don't, I'll eat crow and badmouth him wit' ya, ok? :smile:
    I never said I don't like Brad. I like him as our QB right now. I believe he can get the job done this year with the revamped line.

What I said was it was my opinion that he won't be teaching T-Jack on a one on one basis, but more teach by example.

Nowhere did I bash BJ. I just stated my opinion & you don't have to agree with me.

Teaching kids how to play is a bit different than teaching someone that is trying to win your job away from you.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

From the little video footage that the local media carried this weekend from minicamp there was a clip of Greenway doing directional drills, if anybody thinks he is not quick you are wrong! He has a very good initial burst of speed and can change directions very fluently, he will have no problem making up distance and or closing on a receiver or TE.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

nice good stuff thanks

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

singersp wrote:

I never said I don't like Brad. I like him as our QB right now. I believe he can get the job done this year with the revamped line.

What I said was it was my opinion that he won't be teaching T-Jack on a one on one basis, but more teach by example.

Nowhere did I bash BJ. I just stated my opinion & you don't have to agree with me.

Teaching kids how to play is a bit different than teaching someone that is trying to win your job away from you.

Oh, uh..... I ...... uh.... I knew dat. ops:

Yeah, teachin' kids is different than teachin' someone that is trying to win your job, but Brad knows he ain't got but a few more years left. He knows T-Jack will be da new guy someday. I was just sayin' he likes to teach, y'know? But, we gots a QB coach, so mebbe he's da guy to talk to T-Jack, not Big Bad Brad.

From what dey said, T-Jack really looks good, acts like a leader, y'know? Mebbe we done good takin' him, y'know?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Can we rock??? What's up Doc???
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

The skinny: After running a two-tight end offense for years, the Vikings are switching back to a base set that included one tight end and a fullback, Tony Richardson, meaning Jim Kleinsasser and Jermaine Wiggins are battling for playing time. But Childress said there is room for everybody.[/b]

where does Goodspeed fit in here ?

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

goodspeed is basically already marked as a backup sounds like; which doesnt make much sense because if.. richardson did get hurt, kleinsasser could take the spot, not that he would really want to

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456