Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mini-Camp Day 2

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Mini-Camp Day 2

From KFFL.com;

Vikings | Griffin misses afternoon session Sunday
    Sun, 14 May 2006 22:17:19 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Cedric Griffin misses the team's afternoon practice Sunday, May 14, due to personal reasons.

Vikings | M. Moore penciled in as primary punt returner
    Sun, 14 May 2006 22:17:01 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Mewelde Moore will open training camp as the team's primary punt returner, according to special teams coordinator Paul Ferraro.

Vikings | K. Robinson penciled in as primary kickoff returner
    Sun, 14 May 2006 22:16:47 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson will open training camp as the team's primary kickoff returner, according to special teams coordinator Paul Ferraro.

Vikings | Henderon still working at outside linebacker
    Sun, 14 May 2006 22:16:35 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings LB E.J. Henderson continued to work at outside linebacker Sunday, May 14. There have been indications that Henderson would eventually assume the middle linebacker job.

Vikings | N. Harris works with first team at middle LB
    Sun, 14 May 2006 21:53:32 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Napoleon Harris received the majority of snaps with the first team defense at middle linebacker during this week's minicamp. LB Dontarrious Thomas took most of them during April's veteran minicamp.

Vikings | T. Jackson taking command of huddle well
    Sun, 14 May 2006 21:47:56 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson is doing a good job of controlling things in the huddle, according to offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell. Bevell added, "When he steps in the huddle, he is taking command of it. He's enunciating the plays, he's starting to slow down, take a breath where you're supposed to take a breath in the plays."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | B. Johnson not concerned about income
    Sun, 14 May 2006 20:38:30 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Brad Johnson signed a four-year contract worth $6 million to be a backup quarterback for the team. The salary is modest for a starting quarterback, but Johnson is not concerned about his income. He said, "I love playing the game. I've been a part of different situations all through my career. I've been a rookie free agent, I've been traded, I've been a free agent. I've dealt with different contracts and different situations and over time those things just take care of themselves. Usually that's just the way I play things out."

Vikings | Offord sits out Saturday’s afternoon session
    Sun, 14 May 2006 20:37:41 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings S Willie Offord (knee) took part in the first part of practice, but sat out the second. He is recovering from a torn ACL in his left knee.

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Very stoked on the Travaris Jackson news. I live in Dallas and have tickets to preseason game 4 against the Vikes. Hopefully he'll get plenty of playing time so I can see him in action

Prophet Guest

Vikings | Team has not contacted Bailey
    Mon, 15 May 2006 05:52:47 -0700

Vito Stellino, of the Florida Times-Union, reports the Minnesota Vikings have not contacted Jacksonville Jaguars director of pro scouting Charles Bailey about their head of player personnel opening. Bailey was the runner-up when the Minnesota Vikings hired former Jags executive Fran Foley from the San Diego Chargers for the job. After Foley was let go, there was speculation in Minnesota that Bailey might now receive the nod. Bailey said he hasn't been contacted by the Vikings since Foley was fired. He might have to be patient because Vikings' owner Zygi Wilf indicated at the team's minicamp that he might take months to make a decision on replacing Foley.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

a lot of information there after the initial post, most of it good news! ^_^, good to have johnson on board for 4 years, ecspecially if that means keeping him around to train tavaris

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:

Vito Stellino, of the Florida Times-Union, reports the Minnesota Vikings have not contacted Jacksonville Jaguars director of pro scouting Charles Bailey about their head of player personnel opening. Bailey was the runner-up when the Minnesota Vikings hired former Jags executive Fran Foley from the San Diego Chargers for the job. After Foley was let go, there was speculation in Minnesota that Bailey might now receive the nod. Bailey said he hasn't been contacted by the Vikings since Foley was fired. He might have to be patient because Vikings' owner Zygi Wilf indicated at the team's minicamp that he might take months to make a decision on replacing Foley.
    No hurry since the draft is done...take your time, Wilf...and get the right person this time!!! Of course, he is already right under your nose...Studwell.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

TroyWilliamson is offline Starter

Can't wait to see Tarvaris and T-Will hooking up deep!

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

great post! Thanks! I cannot wait for this season to get underway!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

No hurry since the draft is done...take your time, Wilf...and get the right person this time!!! Of course, he is already right under your nose...Studwell.
    Studwell is doing a great job in his current position & scouting.

Although, he deserves the job as much as anyone, if not more, I'd like to see him stay doing what he's doing.

In other words, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast