Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Flidais is offline Rookie

Re:Million Dollar Fan Question For Pontification O

Prophet wrote:
    lol, enjoyed your comments. He may make an excellent QB coach on the team. I would like to see the QB situation addressed ASAP since it is rare that someone is ready until a couple years into the fold. Firing Pat Morris and Jim Hueber and getting competent replacements may help shore up the o-line, they were out game-planned for the Saints. The week before they shut down Ware like he was dead man, the same Ware that took care of the Saints toward the end of the regular season.

The talent is on the line, McKinnie is a flat out lazy player. Loadholt is a big boy on the other end and plays with more heart as a rookie. I would love to see new o-line coaches and schemes.
    You are correct about Loadholt. I love the kid. While I also love Percy, it's a shame that they both (and Oher) came in the same draft class. I can't help but feel he would have gotten more positive national attention if he had been drafted any other year. And the problem may be with the coaching. But I still think McKinnie needs to go, if for no other reason than that I'm afraid his laziness will infect the rest of the line.

You're also probably correct about drafting a QB sooner rather than later so they can spend some time learning the game. I will confess here that my emotions may be getting the better of me here because I am hoping that Tim Tebow does not come anywhere near my Vikings. I don't think our front office is that dazzled by the latest media craze, but I dislike him enough to hope the risk isn't even there.

Anyway, that's off topic for the thread, but I'm sure it's obvious that I would enjoy seeing Lord Favre, god of the offense (the title is growing on me; I can totally see this), back next year, just to buy us some time on the QB situation without having to start a rookie or take a step back with Jackson.

Re:Million Dollar Fan Question For Pontification O

1. Yes I want him back.

2. Yes, I think he will come back. For some reason this loss reminds me of the Patriots 2006 AFC Championship game loss. A real heartbreaker. The team got focused in the offseason, added Randy Moss ... and came out with a score to settle.
    If he would give the Vikings the nod early, even sell his ankle injury a little to avoid a little camp if he feels it necessary, then we can use the fact that he is back to woo free agents.
    There might not be much out there, but we don't really need a lot.
    Get a couple pieces patched up, get everyone back healthy, come in with a renewed focus ... and tear shit up.
    None

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Re:Million Dollar Fan Question For Pontification Only

XTAP59 wrote:
    #1, Yes, I would like him back for next season. The other choice is Sage and Tarvaris. Add one more and we got the Stooges.
    LMAO!

1. I want him back, he's just played a career year stat wise and who could we have starting that would better our chances. All we keep hearing about is his age, George Foreman won a heavyweight title at 45 and Lance Armstrong finished 3rd in the TDF last year at nearly 38 and he's coming back this year.

2. Will he come back? i think he'll say maybe, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, perhaps, no, yes, probably, no, yes, maybe, no, yes, unlikely, no, yes, no, definitely NO. That's just for February what he finally decides in September is anyones guess.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Re: Million Dollar Fan Question For Pontification Only

I got hurt once, pontificating.
    :huh:

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

DREWBREEESS wrote:
    skum wrote:
    #1, I didnt wan't him this year, i don't want him next year, i don't want him at all

#2, with all that said, he wants to come back and he will be back
    #1- The rest of the NFC North agrees with you. They are begging for T Jackson. I actually don't think I'd like to see him come back. It'll be fun watching the Vikings CHARGE to a 8-8 season.
    With Jackson starting that is very likely. The rest of the NFC want to see him gone for a reason. They feel threatened.

#1 Yes I want him back. He definately gives us the best chance to win it all. With TJ I would predict 8-8 at best.

#2 Well everyone knows he will want to come back. That will never change. It's the fact of seeing reality, and if he can physically and mentally endure another season.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

#1: Anyone that doesn't want the silver fox back is out of their mind! He played like an MVP on a team that was planning on having a starting QB competition between Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels before the season started.

#2: Judging by the look on her face on sunday, I think this decision is going to be made by Deanna Favre. As much as Brett would love to give it one last shot before his body completely breaks, I think he has thrown his last pass in the NFL.

My preseason prediction:

The Vikings will have a record of 12-4 and will go to their second consecutive NFC championship game. The team will be led by starting QB...Donovan McNabb.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I want him back.

I think he will come back, but will decide very, very late. The best way to handle it is to prepare as though he is not coming back, but leave the door open for him if he wants his job back for one more magical ride to the Superbowl. If he comes back, I will expect us to win it all.
    We're bringing purple back.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

1) Yesssssssssss! He deserves to comeback if he wants to and I don't care if he skips all the minicamps and training camp and I don't think the players will care either.

It's funny how the Packer Pukes are now coming out of the woodwork and saying they told us so, well when he kicked the shit out of your team twice you weren't telling us anything! And when he lead us into the NFC championship game you all were praying at night for us to lose because it was killing you inside and I loved it.

1A) Draft a QB

2) Yes - I think he will but I don't know if he can equal how well he played this year but I would still give him a try.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

MulletMullitia wrote:
    #1: Anyone that doesn't want the silver fox back is out of their mind! He played like an MVP on a team that was planning on having a starting QB competition between Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels before the season started.

#2: Judging by the look on her face on sunday, I think this decision is going to be made by Deanna Favre. As much as Brett would love to give it one last shot before his body completely breaks, I think he has thrown his last pass in the NFL.

My preseason prediction:

The Vikings will have a record of 12-4 and will go to their second consecutive NFC championship game. The team will be led by starting QB...Donovan McNabb.

I'm sure if he was 25 and taking a beating like he did on Sunday she would have the same look on her face.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

scottishvike wrote:
    MulletMullitia wrote:

My preseason prediction:

I'm sure if he was 25 and taking a beating like he did on Sunday she would have the same look on her face.
    Yea, but he's not 25, he's 40, and after 19 seasons, you have to think she's wondering herself how much longer he can hold up.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345