Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

Re:Million Dollar Fan Question For Pontification O

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    and the dropped pick by TJ in OT

That ripped my guts out
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

Re:Million Dollar Fan Question For Pontification Only

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Dieter wrote:
    The bottom line is he turns 41 next year. It was an amazing story how well he played this year. Next year the wheels would fall off and we would see another sad story of an old athlete who hung aroung too long and went out on a down note.

If he's smart he will realize that and hang em up.

And after the beating he took yesterday, he probably won't be able to sit up straight for a week, which will make the decision to retire easier
    That's what people were saying before this year, but he proved them wrong. He could do it again.
    He still has a cannon for an arm and the toughness to always get back up. Eventually the wheels will fall off but based on his MVP type performance this year I think he has atleast one more year left.

If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out but you can't not try because your afraid to fail.

Say anything you want about his indecisions and narcissism........... the man is a warrior
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

scottishviking is offline Waterboy

Yes I want him back. He has done a lot for the team this season and I don't want to see him retire with THAT being his last ever pass! I hope he can come back and take him even further next season.

I think he'll be back, but he'll "retire" first so he can skip training camp :laugh:

And I'm just curious as I'm really new to this sport/team and only watched this season but why do a lot of Vikings fans feel they never wanted him in the first place? Is it because he played for the Packers for so long? Or all this nonsense with him retiring, not retiring, retiring again etc.. or is there another reason? Not that I'm critisizing your opinion, just wondering is all

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

He signed a two year contract bottom line. He expected to play two years IMO.

WWBGD

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I hope he doesn't come back. He had a great year and it was amazing to watch... not just for Viking fans, but for everyone. Sure, we didn't make the Super Bowl, but we were 30 yards and 3 points away. Favre's seen this same sort of outcome in the playoffs for the past 14 years. Do you think that is going to change next year?

I say leave it how it ended. He exceeded everyone's expectations and played in an NFC Championship for the ages. No shame in bowing out on that.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Webby wrote:
    Favre back next year:

#1, you want him back?
    #2, he wants to come back?

You guesses to both!

Me, yes and if I knew the answer to number two I think I could get rich!
    1. I never liked him but he played his heart out this year and by the end of the season I liked and respected him. He gave it his all. I'd like to see him back.

2. I think he wants to come back and really likes this team. The question is can he hold up physically. I think he can if we can protect him a little better next year.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't care if he comes back next year or not. We better draft a QB with the 30th pick overall.

I think after the beatdown he took last night he will finally hang them up. He proved what he wanted to prove, beat the cheesedicks twice and had his MVP caliber season.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Re: Million Dollar Fan Question For Pontification Only

Rockmolder wrote:
    DREWBREEESS wrote:
    skum wrote:
    #1, I didnt wan't him this year, i don't want him next year, i don't want him at all

#2, with all that said, he wants to come back and he will be back
    #1- The rest of the NFC North agrees with you. They are begging for T Jackson. I actually don't think I'd like to see him come back. It'll be fun watching the Vikings CHARGE to a 8-8 season.
    I don't know. Feasting on weak teams in your division has little use. It matters little to me as a Packers fan whether he comes back or not. It'd be great to play him again, but playing the Vikes with Tjack is still a rivalry game. And a tough one at that.

skum wrote:
    Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder it was "highly unlikely" he'd play again.
    :lol:
    Good point skum, division games are always rivalry games and never a gimme.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

VKG4LFE wrote:
    I don't care if he comes back next year or not. We better draft a QB with the 30th pick overall.

I think after the beatdown he took last night he will finally hang them up. He proved what he wanted to prove, beat the cheesedicks twice and had his MVP caliber season.
    I hope we draft a QB, too, but here goes another long offseason of circular arguments about who our quarterback is going to be. Oh joy...

yep, can't wait for the offseason circus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast