Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vikings305 is offline Waterboy

Re:Million Dollar Fan Question For Pontification O

Favre's last pass was an interception with seven seconds left in regulation that doomed the Vikings' chances as girding for a potential game-winning field goal attempt.
    I though it had been all the fumbles in their red zone and in our own red zone
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Million Dollar Fan Question For Pontification O

and the dropped pick by TJ in OT

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Million Dollar Fan Question For Pontification Only

1) based on the present QBs then he's the best of the bunch so would make sense to bring him back but ONLY if we then draft a QB early and then groom them to take over - TJ is NOT the answer

2) He might want to come back but what will his family say? Looking at Deanna and the family in the stands they were wincing at the beating that he was taking last night. They may have a huge amount of say in what he does as there's only so much that family can watch when a player is targeted the way Favre was.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

DREWBREEESS is offline Waterboy

Re: Million Dollar Fan Question For Pontification Only

skum wrote:
    #1, I didnt wan't him this year, i don't want him next year, i don't want him at all

#2, with all that said, he wants to come back and he will be back
    #1- The rest of the NFC North agrees with you. They are begging for T Jackson. I actually don't think I'd like to see him come back. It'll be fun watching the Vikings CHARGE to a 8-8 season.
    None

DREWBREEESS is offline Waterboy

skum wrote:
    #1, I didnt wan't him this year, i don't want him next year, i don't want him at all

#1- The rest of the NFC North agrees with you. They are begging for T Jackson. I actually don't think I'd like to see him come back. It'll be fun watching the Vikings CHARGE to a 8-8 season.
    None

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder it was "highly unlikely" he'd play again.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

DREWBREEESS wrote:
    skum wrote:

I don't know. Feasting on weak teams in your division has little use. It matters little to me as a Packers fan whether he comes back or not. It'd be great to play him again, but playing the Vikes with Tjack is still a rivalry game. And a tough one at that.

skum wrote:
    Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder it was "highly unlikely" he'd play again.
    :lol:
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

1. Yes I want him back. He played like an MVP most of the season. Odds of finding another QB capable of playing at that level are small.

2.Yes. I think Favre will be back, I even think he might show up for training camp. It's hard to imagine he could have a better season than this year, but the pieces are still in place and he knows he'll have another shot in the playoffs if he comes back. I hope he makes up his mind and gets committed ASAP.

Dieter is offline Training Camp

The bottom line is he turns 41 next year. It was an amazing story how well he played this year. Next year the wheels would fall off and we would see another sad story of an old athlete who hung aroung too long and went out on a down note.

If he's smart he will realize that and hang em up.

And after the beating he took yesterday, he probably won't be able to sit up straight for a week, which will make the decision to retire easier
    http://www.okanagansun.ca
    https://twitter.com/Okanagan_Sun

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Dieter wrote:
    The bottom line is he turns 41 next year. It was an amazing story how well he played this year. Next year the wheels would fall off and we would see another sad story of an old athlete who hung aroung too long and went out on a down note.

If he's smart he will realize that and hang em up.

And after the beating he took yesterday, he probably won't be able to sit up straight for a week, which will make the decision to retire easier
    That's what people were saying before this year, but he proved them wrong. He could do it again.
    He still has a cannon for an arm and the toughness to always get back up. Eventually the wheels will fall off but based on his MVP type performance this year I think he has atleast one more year left.
    If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out but you can't not try because your afraid to fail.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast