Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach

Mike Williams goes to Buffalo

Mike Williams traded to Buffalo Bills from Buccaneers - NFL.com

Why is this important? Because they pick at 7, and they are almost in a MUST DRAFT position on a WR like Watkins or Evans. Suddenly, we can almost be positive TB will NOT draft a QB in front of us, but there is now ZERO chance of Watkins falling to #8.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

That mean tha bucs will most likely draft a WR and mack should still be on tha board and tha vikings need to draft him

Mack might be gone before the Buccs get their chance. I've heard people saying any team before us could take him and have a winner, so I don't expect to see him there either.

At this time, I feel confident in saying Watkins, Mack and Clowney ALL will be gone before the Vikings are on the clock. Anyone care to disagree?

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I agree that this move helps our chances of Mack and/or one of the top 3 QBs dropping to 8. I had already thought they might like the idea of pairing Evans with VJ and it kinda looks too good to pass up now.

I wonder, if we're on the clock at 8 and we're deciding between Mack, Manziel and Bridgewater, which way we'll go, and how many fans will be pissed if we draft a leader for the defense instead of the offense!??
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    If at #8 we have the choice between Mack, Manziel, and Bridgewater, I would select Mack. The need for LB on our low-ranked pass defense is just too great. QB can come later, possibly by trading up from #40 in the second round to the bottom 10 spots of the first round (#23-#32). Who knows - perhaps Manziel or Bridgewater could fall through the first round, and (though not likely) we COULD end up with Mack AND Manziel or Bridgewater?? Food for thought...

Food for thought:
    The difference between a good LB and a great LB is just as big as in the QB class, but the effects on the team are vastly different. LBs cannot make or break a game in the same way a QB does, because the QB touches the ball on every offensive play; a great LB might mean the visiting team just avoids that side of the field.

Putting that into practice, Mack would mean teams would have trouble running on his side, as well as running short passes there; the weight of their attacks then leans to the other side. Having a top QB means better play making ability every time that QB touches the ball, you can't "avoid" a great QB.

If Spielman/Zimmer are sold on Manziel, you go QB. If they aren't, you go Mack.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Mike Williams traded to Buffalo Bills from Buccaneers - NFL.com

Why is this important? Because they pick at 7, and they are almost in a MUST DRAFT position on a WR like Watkins or Evans. Suddenly, we can almost be positive TB will NOT draft a QB in front of us, but there is now ZERO chance of Watkins falling to #8.
    Actually, I thought there was probably zero chance the Bucs would draft a QB at #7 anyway. Glennon wasn't exactly chopped liver last season, and none of the QBs in this draft are the next Andrew Luck. But you are correct....this probably puts TB squarely focused on taking one of the two top WRs. (Dang it!) The only way this is good news is if Mack falls to #7 and then Tampa has to choose between him and Watkins/Evans. Hopefully they'd take the WR and leave Mack to us. But it's probably a pipe dream that Mack will fall that far.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Food for thought:
    If Spielman/Zimmer are sold on Manziel, you go QB. If they aren't, you go Mack.
    I guess I should read more of your posts, but my guess is YOU are sold on Manziel (you are letting your bias show...)

Maybe you should have said "If Spielman/Zimmer are sold on one of the QBs, you go QB. If they aren't, you go Mack."

Your opinion (I'm guessing) is that Manziel is a "great" QB. I'm far from convinced...frankly, I don't even think he is the best QB in this draft (regardless of how many yards and TDs he threw for against SEC competition). I don't think his "game" will translate well to the NFL. But I could be wrong...
    SKOL VIKINGS!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Mack might be gone before the Buccs get their chance. I've heard people saying any team before us could take him and have a winner, so I don't expect to see him there either.

At this time, I feel confident in saying Watkins, Mack and Clowney ALL will be gone before the Vikings are on the clock. Anyone care to disagree?
    Nope

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    Actually, I thought there was probably zero chance the Bucs would draft a QB at #7 anyway. Glennon wasn't exactly chopped liver last season, and none of the QBs in this draft are the next Andrew Luck. But you are correct....this probably puts TB squarely focused on taking one of the two top WRs. (Dang it!) The only way this is good news is if Mack falls to #7 and then Tampa has to choose between him and Watkins/Evans. Hopefully they'd take the WR and leave Mack to us. But it's probably a pipe dream that Mack will fall that far.
    And remember they signed McCown, Glennon isn't even the starter. They will not draft a QB at 7, and the Raiders signed Schaub so I would say they are not likely to draft a QB at 5.

My take on the first seven in the draft are:

The Texans will take Clowney and draft a QB in the 2nd round. No way they pass on his talent, if they do they are fools.

St. Louis - They need a playmaker and a LT so they are a little bit of a wild card. If I were them I would take Watkins and then with the 13th pick get Matthews or Robinson

Jacksonville - they have so many holes but a QB is essential and they have to take one, I think they go with Bortles.

Cleveland- They need a QB and they have made a mess of the draft and the franchise so they have to get it right. I think they want Manziel but don't have the cunjons to take him and draft Bridgewater.

Oakland- They have Schaub and they need help everywhere. I think they go with the BPA and take Mack.

Atlanta - They have to protect Ryan and a future pro bowler is the ticket at LT in Robinson. Raw at pass blocking but can learn, definitely special at run blocking.

Tampa- They lost Abraham to FA so I think they will go with Kony Ealy.

That leaves us with Manziel, Barr, Dennard, Evans, Mosley, Gilbert, Dix, Donald. Many of those players we could trade back and still get so my feeling is that we trade back and draft the BPA.
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 04-10-2014 at 10:22 AM.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast