Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mike williams

mike williams

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Moss had absolutely sick stats in his 2 years at Marshall, better than Williams. Williams pros (size, strength) don't transfer as well against NFL cornerbacks, who are bigger and stronger than in college than Moss' do (Height, Leaping ability, speed, hands, body control).

Mike Williams has height(an inch taller than Moss), hands(you did see his unbelievable one handed catch last year), good leaping ability, great body control, and has more speed than people give him credit for. Also I would like you to name an NFL CB bigger and stronger than Williams, THERE AIN'T ANY EVEN CLOSE. Marshall does not play anywhere near the talnet of players that USC does, so lets not compare college stats. I am not saying Moss wasn't better, but the 2 schools played much much different talent.

I think he is a close version of Moss. He is obviously slower, who isn't, but he makes up for that with his strength. He has unbelievable technique, using his strength to get CB's off him. he dosn't have as good of leaping abilities as Moss, but he is a little taller, so he doesn't need to jump as high. this guy is gonna be impossible to defend in the red zone. remember the play in the last chicago game, where moss had the game winning TD taken away from him in the endzone? this is one advantage williams does have on Moss. it is gonna be damn hard for a CB to wrestle the ball away from this beast.

Now it may sound like I am trying to say he is better than Moss, or will be, but I am not. I am just trying to give reasons why he is gonna be a great WR, like Moss is.

Williams is a big target,and a great player, but I am sick of having top notch offensive numbers and a mediocre(I am being generous)defense.

mike williams

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    I think they need to draft best Defensive player available :scratch:

Hey, I realize as much as anybody, that we still need more good d players, but when a special player falls down the board way way to far, you have to take him. We did the same with Moss and with culpepper, and it has given us to damn good franchise players. Like I said before, great WR are not as easy to find, as a good DE is.

If you were to ask if we should take reggie williams or Lee evans, over will Smith, I would say NO WAY. Mike williams is a special player.
    I think Culpepper was drafted because of Cunningham's age, but you do make a good point, if Mike Williams did fall it'd be hard not to take him...but I doubt he'll fall down to us.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

mike williams

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    I think they need to draft best Defensive player available :scratch:

Hey, I realize as much as anybody, that we still need more good d players, but when a special player falls down the board way way to far, you have to take him. We did the same with Moss and with culpepper, and it has given us to damn good franchise players. Like I said before, great WR are not as easy to find, as a good DE is.

If you were to ask if we should take reggie williams or Lee evans, over will Smith, I would say NO WAY. Mike williams is a special player.
    I think Culpepper was drafted because of Cunningham's age, but you do make a good point, if Mike Williams did fall it'd be hard not to take him...but I doubt he'll fall down to us.

We actually neede a guy like Kearse, when we drafted Culpepper, but daunte was too good of a player to pass up. Plus Green was way too offensive minded to even look at a D player. I agee with you that williams probably won't fall all the way down to us. If he did, he is way way to special of a player to not be taken at 19!

mike williams

Good point...I think it worked out better since Kearse had one impressive season and the rest of the time he is plagued with the injury bug, and Culpepper is a two-time all pro quarterback. 8)

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

mike williams

In case you guys didn't notice, K-Will was not viewed as the BPA when we picked him. Most of us were screaming for Suggs. Last year the vikes didpick the Best player available... after the first round. Besides, even if mile williams ends up having a better season that a D player, a D player would make more of an impact on our team simply because our offense was great before, our defense wasn't. Great Production on O would be good, decent production from a rookie on D would be great.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

mike williams

I wanted Jimmy Kennedy...thank god that didnt happen

mike williams

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    I wanted Jimmy Kennedy...thank god that didnt happen

Yeah I expected him to get picked by us as well. I was actually yelling at my TV for us to take Suggs. I am glad we got Kevin Williams instead of Suggs though, even after seeing what suggs did last year.

mike williams

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    In case you guys didn't notice, K-Will was not viewed as the BPA when we picked him. Most of us were screaming for Suggs. Last year the vikes didpick the Best player available... after the first round. Besides, even if mile williams ends up having a better season that a D player, a D player would make more of an impact on our team simply because our offense was great before, our defense wasn't. Great Production on O would be good, decent production from a rookie on D would be great.

Kevin Williams was labeled as the best player available by us, and that is why we picked him and not suggs. I am pretty sure that we will have Mike Williams rated higher than will smith. I could be wrong though, since I thought Suggs would have been higher than k-will last year. I just want us to keep the BPA approach to drafting, regardless of what we need on D. Hopefully when we pick, the BPA will be a D player

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

mike williams

Putting Randy Moss and Mike Williams in the same sentence is more than sickening, it's deplorable.

That being said, I'd draft him at 19. Because in the end, if we didn't want him, we could certainly trade him for an excellent defensive player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123