Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mike williams

Mossville is offline Starter

mike williams

"amavikesfan" wrote:
    not even close 66...
    why not? He has proven more in college than Moss did.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

mike williams

Moss had absolutely sick stats in his 2 years at Marshall, better than Williams. Williams pros (size, strength) don't transfer as well against NFL cornerbacks, who are bigger and stronger than in college than Moss' do (Height, Leaping ability, speed, hands, body control).

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

mike williams

Best player available!! Absolutely I would take Williams over Will Smith. This guy has top 5 ability and is being pushed down because he is young and ran a slow 40 time. Look at the game tapes, this kid has unbelievable abilities. The reason why we had a good draft last year, for the first time in a while, was because we drafted the best player available and not guys at positions we needed. We certainly didn't think we needed a MLB, after what Biekert did in his first year here (plus when we signed Claiborne we said he was gonna eventually take over the MLB spot when Biekert retires), but we used an early 2nd round pick on EJ because he was by far the best player on the board at the time. We did the same thing in round 4, when we drafted Onterrio. DRAFT THE BPA! Williams would be that by far over will smith. We can still find a good DE in rounds 2, 3 and 4, but we probably won't be able to find the next great WR, which williams is gonna be.

mike williams

NO WAY! Mike Williams may be good, but what good does having two great receivers with no defense do??? It's been said many times, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS, so we gotta take defense:!:

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Remember Raonall Smith

R. Smith was a reach because we drafted for a specific need. Under Studwell the Vikes have changed their draft strategy to BPA. As a result, last year, all draft picks made the team even though some of the picks were for positions that were not projected as a need. If we draft for need there's a better chance you won't land an impact player. If there's a stud at 19, grab him, regardless of position.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

mike williams

I like the idea of BPA, but only to a certain extent. What if Rothlesberger fell to 19 (not going to happen, just pretend)? I wouldn't want to draft a QB or a WR or other positions that aren't immediate needs when there are still good defensive players on the board.

mike williams

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Moss had absolutely sick stats in his 2 years at Marshall, better than Williams. Williams pros (size, strength) don't transfer as well against NFL cornerbacks, who are bigger and stronger than in college than Moss' do (Height, Leaping ability, speed, hands, body control).

Mike Williams has height(an inch taller than Moss), hands(you did see his unbelievable one handed catch last year), good leaping ability, great body control, and has more speed than people give him credit for. Also I would like you to name an NFL CB bigger and stronger than Williams, THERE AIN'T ANY EVEN CLOSE. Marshall does not play anywhere near the talnet of players that USC does, so lets not compare college stats. I am not saying Moss wasn't better, but the 2 schools played much much different talent.

I think he is a close version of Moss. He is obviously slower, who isn't, but he makes up for that with his strength. He has unbelievable technique, using his strength to get CB's off him. he dosn't have as good of leaping abilities as Moss, but he is a little taller, so he doesn't need to jump as high. this guy is gonna be impossible to defend in the red zone. remember the play in the last chicago game, where moss had the game winning TD taken away from him in the endzone? this is one advantage williams does have on Moss. it is gonna be damn hard for a CB to wrestle the ball away from this beast.

Now it may sound like I am trying to say he is better than Moss, or will be, but I am not. I am just trying to give reasons why he is gonna be a great WR, like Moss is.

mike williams

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    I like the idea of BPA, but only to a certain extent. What if Rothlesberger fell to 19 (not going to happen, just pretend)? I wouldn't want to draft a QB or a WR or other positions that aren't immediate needs when there are still good defensive players on the board.

According to scott studwell, QB and RB are the only 2 positions the team is not looking to upgrade in the draft. They are already looking at Reggie Williams and Lee evans at 19, so WR must be a position of some need.

mike williams

I think they need to draft best Defensive player available :scratch:

mike williams

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    I think they need to draft best Defensive player available :scratch:

Hey, I realize as much as anybody, that we still need more good d players, but when a special player falls down the board way way to far, you have to take him. We did the same with Moss and with culpepper, and it has given us to damn good franchise players. Like I said before, great WR are not as easy to find, as a good DE is.

If you were to ask if we should take reggie williams or Lee evans, over will Smith, I would say NO WAY. Mike williams is a special player.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast