Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mike williams

willbjammin is offline Rookie

mike williams

whould you select mike over lets say w.smith if both were there

Moss is Boss is offline Training Camp

mike williams

That's a very hard question. We can fit our need DE with Will Smith, but Mike Williams is an awesome receiver. I don't know what to do.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

mike williams

No. The Vikings had the #1 offense in the NFL last season with below average production at the #2 WR spot. Their defense ranked 23rd. Defense is far more a need area, case closed.

For that matter, I'd probably select either Miami LB over Mike Williams as well. Williams may be a great player, but the Vikings need to continue to improve defensively. There may be several quality WRs available in the second and third rounds, so I'd rather use the #1 pick on a DE or LB.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Mossville is offline Starter

mike williams

"purplepat" wrote:
    No. The Vikings had the #1 offense in the NFL last season with below average production at the #2 WR spot. Their defense ranked 23rd. Defense is far more a need area, case closed.

For that matter, I'd probably select either Miami LB over Mike Williams as well. Williams may be a great player, but the Vikings need to continue to improve defensively. There may be several quality WRs available in the second and third rounds, so I'd rather use the #1 pick on a DE or LB.
    true, but when Moss fell to us, we didnt need another WR but having him there got us to the NFC championship game. That being said we still have to stop people on D. Will a DE bring us over the top? I dont think it will alone, but with the combination of the other offseason moves it just might. Im glad I dont have to make the Call :scratch:

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

mike williams

It depends on who is gone. If DJ, Smith and Udeze are gone, then its hard a decision. But any of those over Mike.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

mike williams

no wr in the first! i don't care who falls there, unless it's ROY williams. i know it's all about value, but if one of the top de's or lb's is there, and mike w. then it's hands down. we have depth at wr already. a wr with our 1st rounder would be a backup right now. 'sides, i'm not sold on mike w. will he be a starter in the nfl? yes. will he be a star? i'm not so sure... :scratch:
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

mike williams

I really doubt the vikings will pick a WR in the first. Tice isn't the kinda guy Dennis Green was. Moss was easily a top 5 talent, Mike Williams is only 20 or something and could prove to be a huge bust. Defense is such a NEED that if smith fell the ONLY way we would no pick him is if Udeze was around. Besides, Tice all but promise Marcus the Starting #2 job, unfortunately.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

mike williams

Thats really tuff. even though i really doubt williams will drop that far. I would take him because if he drops that far he would be as big of a steel as moss was.

mike williams

not even close 66...
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

mike williams

yea i would take him he looks good i saw him on espn the other day he only runs a 4.6 40 but the kid is huge
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast