Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Almost right......I fixed it for you.....

By the way, Brady, 460/298 = 142 not caught. Rodger 414/279=135. Schaub 413/266=147. Ponder has had just about the same amount of incomplete passes as all the other QB's in the league.
    Yet he hasn't thrown as many attempts as all the other QB's either.

Difference is, they throw some bad passes even with good receivers. Your claim is that very few passes by Ponder are bad & most of the ones not caught are the fault of the receivers.

If the pass is way off, you simply say the receiver didn't break or run his route correctly. The pass was put were it was supposed to be, but the receiver wasn't there.

I guess Burnett was standing where Rudolph was supposed to be standing last week.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Yet he hasn't thrown as many attempts as all the other QB's either.

Difference is, they throw some bad passes even with good receivers. Your claim is that very few passes by Ponder are bad & most of the ones not caught are the fault of the receivers.

If the pass is way off, you simply say the receiver didn't break or run his route correctly. The pass was put were it was supposed to be, but the receiver wasn't there.

I guess Burnett was standing where Rudolph was supposed to be standing last week.
    20 throws difference between Brady and Peyton. 20 throws. Not that big of a difference considering our RB.

No, that is what you think I'm saying.

Ponder makes bad throws. Ponder makes bad throws. Ponder makes bad throws. Is that enough to convince you that I believe Ponder makes bad throws?

I'm also saying that the WR's also run crappy routes and can't make plays on routes that aren't right into their hands. Hell, I don't think any of them know what a back shoulder throw is.

Quick question, WR is coming right to left on your monitor....He has a DB 2 steps behind him. Coming left to right on your monitor is a DB with 8 steps to the WR. Were should the WR expect the ball?
    Last edited by Marrdro; 12-09-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Almost right......I fixed it for you.....

By the way, Brady, 460/298 = 142 not caught. Rodger 414/279=135. Schaub 413/266=147. Ponder has had just about the same amount of incomplete passes as all the other QB's in the league.
    Did you just compare Ponder to Brady?

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Mike Wallace's speed is intriguing. He has maybe the highest top speed of any player in the league. But he's kind of a one trick pony, has drop issues and will demand a big contract, which he is not worth.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    20 throws difference between Brady and Peyton. 20 throws. Not that big of a difference considering our RB.
    What does the difference of attempts between Brady & Peyton have to do with it, with or without considering our RB?

There is however 80 attempts difference between Brady & Ponder & 100 attempts difference between Peyton & Ponder.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Ponder's completion stats are padded with passes in the flats and behind the LOS. Passes hitting moving targets beyond ten yards are few and far between. Most passes over ten yards are on comeback routes that receivers do not even come back to the quarterback on.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    I would love that trade
    Purple till i die

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Ponder's completion stats are padded with passes in the flats and behind the LOS. Passes hitting moving targets beyond ten yards are few and far between. Most passes over ten yards are on comeback routes that receivers do not even come back to the quarterback on.
    Exactly so he has as many incomplete throwing 2 yard passes as Brady and manning who fling it down the field... He sucks

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Seems every thread has to become a Ponder sucks thread now
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    What does the difference of attempts between Brady & Peyton have to do with it, with or without considering our RB?

There is however 80 attempts difference between Brady & Ponder & 100 attempts difference between Peyton & Ponder.
    I wasn't comparing Brady andn Peyton. Like the post on Jackson (were you thought I was talking about TJ) you missed the point.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast