Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

Get some consistent play out of the WR's and the QB consistency will go up.

Get some consistent play out of the QB and the WR completion will go up.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Get some consistent play out of the QB and the WR completion will go up.
    And you know me well enough that if it was that way I would be harping on Ponder just as much as I'm harping on the WR's and Musgrove.

Truth of the matter is, with Harvin and Rudy things clicked in the early games. Defenses figured out how to take them away and things started to go south but we still got ours. Harvin got hurt and it went south even more.

Like it or not, this is not only on Ponder. He has had a share but its not only him. O-coord and WR's have had a much bigger hand in it than he.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Is the receiver wide open when he has several yards separation from the defender, only to have the ball passed by Ponder hit the defender in the back?
    Again, he has missed receivers but it isn't like he sits back there and waits to throw it at their back.

We run a timing offense. Ponder is supposed to throw the ball to spots before receivers even get there. When I see a ball hit a cat in the back I think to myself.......self, that cat didn't make the break Ponder read in the defense and I never think Ponder threw it at his back.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

And you know me well enough that if it was that way I would be harping on Ponder just as much as I'm harping on the WR's and Musgrove.

Truth of the matter is, with Harvin and Rudy things clicked in the early games. Defenses figured out how to take them away and things started to go south but we still got ours. Harvin got hurt and it went south even more.

Like it or not, this is not only on Ponder. He has had a share but its not only him. O-coord and WR's have had a much bigger hand in it than he.
    I've been preaching for better WR's before Ponder ever took a snap this year. Carlson is far from being an improvement over Shiancoe. No one we signed in FA is better than Rice. Hell, I don't think anyone they signed is much better than Berrian was.

You're not harping on Ponder at all, sans a few bad passes that you've mentioned. All you've been doing is blaming everyone around him. Except Sully & Kalil.

You're not harping on Ponder at all, sans a few bad passes that you've mentioned. All you've been doing is blaming everyone around him. Except Sully & Kalil.
    Sully and Kalil aren't doing anything consistent enough to hack on. Truth of the matter is, if they would just decide on a RG and play him, the OL would be playing damn fine.

Ponder makes mistakes, but they are stuff that he can't control for the most part except INT's and if you remember, I didn't even hack on LNAD when he threw INT's. That happens.

The O-coord on the other hand consistently does dumb shit like pull AD on 3rd and shorts and then tries to play action pass out of them. Who the hell is he fooling. Of course your QB will look dumb when he does his ball fake.

And our WR's have consistently run ass crap routes.

In short, you know me, do something consistently bad and I hack. Once I wade through the Offense I will start on JA.......He's consistently not shown up at all this year.....

Again, he has missed receivers but it isn't like he sits back there and waits to throw it at their back.

We run a timing offense. Ponder is supposed to throw the ball to spots before receivers even get there. When I see a ball hit a cat in the back I think to myself.......self, that cat didn't make the break Ponder read in the defense and I never think Ponder threw it at his back.
    Well what he did was throw it way short. Problem is your listening to "self" and rationalizing a way that it's the receivers fault & not Ponder's.

Even if Ponder thought he'd break you should be thinking, "self if AD breaks that pass & turns infield, that pass is still down the sideline & way off target.

You see it's tough to justify that a pass down the sideline was intended by Ponder to be a break when the pass was still down the sideline.

Well what he did was throw it way short. Problem is your listening to "self" and rationalizing a way that it's the receivers fault & not Ponder's.

Even if Ponder thought he'd break you should be thinking, "self if AD breaks that pass & turns infield, that pass is still down the sideline & way off target.

You see it's tough to justify that a pass down the sideline was intended by Ponder to be a break when the pass was still down the sideline.
    Yea but you are picking out one or two throws and trying to make it like that happens on every play.

The truth is the team comes to the line. OL makes reads and adjusts. QB makes reads and adjusts, WR's are supposed to do the same.

It just doesn't appear to me that our WR's and QB are making the same reads and adjustments and I'm not talking about changing from a 2 route to a 7 route. I'm talking about the QB making a drop and release adjustment and the WR making a stem or break adjustment.

Its gotten to the point that Ponder now waits for the receivers to come out of their break before he even throws and its starting to get to were he actually waits until they are done running the route because he doesn't trust what spot they are going to get to.

For our offense this is devastating and for the most part, makes the QB look really bad.

Yea but you are picking out one or two throws and trying to make it like that happens on every play.

The truth is the team comes to the line. OL makes reads and adjusts. QB makes reads and adjusts, WR's are supposed to do the same.

It just doesn't appear to me that our WR's and QB are making the same reads and adjustments and I'm not talking about changing from a 2 route to a 7 route. I'm talking about the QB making a drop and release adjustment and the WR making a stem or break adjustment.

Its gotten to the point that Ponder now waits for the receivers to come out of their break before he even throws and its starting to get to were he actually waits until they are done running the route because he doesn't trust what spot they are going to get to.

For our offense this is devastating and for the most part, makes the QB look really bad.
    Nope just giving you one example. Truth is he's had several bad throws, unless you're trying to claim that outside of the 11 INT's, the 140 passes not caught were mostly drops & throw aways.

The reason he's hesitating is because he's waiting for the receiver to get enough separation before he throws because he doesn't want to throw an INT.

Nope just giving you one example. Truth is he's had several bad throws, unless you're trying to claim that outside of the 11 INT's, the 140 passes not caught were mostly drops & throw aways.

The reason he's hesitating is because he's waiting for the receiver to get enough separation before he throws because he doesn't trust the routes they are running.
    Almost right......I fixed it for you.....

By the way, Brady, 460/298 = 142 not caught. Rodger 414/279=135. Schaub 413/266=147. Ponder has had just about the same amount of incomplete passes as all the other QB's in the league.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast