Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I think Jennings would be a better sign than Wallace.

Wallace needs a guy to throw the ball out there and let him run under it, Ponder doesn't have the arm for that. Jennings, although not a big guy, can run all the routes and is a good all-around player.
    JENNINGS.....JENNINGS......PUKE PUKE PUKE.....LOL....

Wallace would be nice. How about some other players on teams that might be looking to get draft picks for players as they gut their coaching staffs and front offices....

Iggles (Jackson)
    Cards (Fitz)
    SD (Floy)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I have to disagree. I believe Percy will get his nice juicy contract this offseason and all will be well. Spielman said this last offseason the team is not going to trade Harvin, and I believe that if no deal is done by the time his rookie contract is up then the franchise tag gets used on him. We have another full year to get him signed and maybe we will answer the quarterback issue this offseason.

I just can't see Harvin leaving unless we get a ton in return.

I believe there is more to his ankle injury also, but I am willing to bet he has some sort of surgery within the next month. I think the team was trying to be sneaky with his injury report.
    Old friend, there is a small contingent like you that think ole Percy will get a deal with us. I, for one, hope your right, but I also hope that the deal isn't big enough to preclude us from getting atleast one more guy that can work the intermediate stuff. 6'3"ish, 220ish.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    JENNINGS.....JENNINGS......PUKE PUKE PUKE.....LOL....

Wallace would be nice. How about some other players on teams that might be looking to get draft picks for players as they gut their coaching staffs and front offices....

Iggles (Jackson)
    Cards (Fitz)
    SD (Floy)
    Hmmm. You said this offseason we were fine with Jennings & "Shodu" as they were doing fine last year at years end.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    1. It's already been publicly stated that he does not require surgery. With that said, it was a 2-3 week recovery period.

2. It's not always about money, if a player wants out & demands a trade or a release, he usually gets it 9 times out of 10 or greater. There's plenty of players out there who have done just that. Both Favre & Moss have done it. Carson Palmer did it.

3. Harvin already has a history of not being happy here.

At the end of the day franchise tags & contracts don't mean shit.
    Not happy here or not happy with something that is here. I hate to say it like Z does as it pisses me off when he does, but you have no idea what is making Percy unhappy.

Heck, for that matter, you don't know that he is unhappy any more at all.

Kid played his ass off this year and only had one squack and that's when Musgrove decided to call that series of plays.

My guess, if you could go one on one with Percy right now he would tell you that he was happy as pig shit leading the league in catches (Ponder throwing to him by the by), right up there in yards (running the bubble screens you hate so much), running Musgroves offense (I despise so much).

At least up until that series that is.

Hmmm. You said this offseason we were fine with Jennings & "Shodu" as they were doing fine last year at years end.
    I said PUKER Jennings? And who? Arosh? No way on Arosh, atleast not in the role they are using him now. And if I said yes to Jennings I probably linked it to the other WR we had a few years back that grew on me.

Nope, my guy this offseason was V-jax just like it has been for 3 years when Rice went down.

Here is something I want you to think real hard on my friend.....

Is it because of his arm that he only throws bubble screens or is it because we don't have a WR that can get open to catch a deep throw?

In the end, I don't have to think hard. There is a prevailing perception out there by a contingent of Ponder haters who claim he has a weak arm. That perception is fueled by his last year in college when he threw the ball around with a bum throwing arm.

Truth of the matter is, he has more than enough arm to throw the deep routes. He demonstrated in the Senior bowl (after his arm healed) that he could.

On a side note. Makes me sick to watch a once proud fan base crawl into the depths of fanbases like the 49rs (wanted to shit can Smith) and Giants (wanted to shitcan Eli) because there QBs didn't mature instantaneously.

For the life of me I can't figure out why the Vikings fan base is so inept at growing QB's. Must be from all the years of bringing in old Vets, going back to the Green days.

Think hard.....I wonder if a few of you guys can even think, let alone hard. LOL.
    Problem is, he's had receivers open, but you constantly refuse to believe it.

Sure there's been a few times that we've been shut down, but many more times that they are open.

How is it fans can whine that there were 9 dropped balls in one game, yet claim "No one is open"?

How is it a QB can throw for 2,300 yards in 12 games that features a star RB, yet fans claim "No one is open"?

How is it out top WR publicly states game film shows receivers are open, yet fans still try try saying he's wrong because "No one is open"?

How is it a QB throws more completions than 24 others in the top 40, but fans still claim "No one is open"?

How can fans brag about the wins we had & praise Ponder for his passing game & completion % when apparently, no one was open?

I said PUKER Jennings? And who? Arosh? No way on Arosh, atleast not in the role they are using him now. And if I said yes to Jennings I probably linked it to the other WR we had a few years back that grew on me.

Nope, my guy this offseason was V-jax just like it has been for 3 years when Rice went down.
    Jenkins, not Jennings. Jenkins is and was our WR last year. You said it during the offseason before the draft when some of us were stating we needed WR's.

You rebuked the need for a deep threat WR, stating we were a WCO & didn't need them.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-09-2012 at 08:53 AM.

You said it during the offseason before the draft when some of us were stating we needed WR's.

You rebuked the need for a deep threat WR, stating we were a WCO & didn't need them.
    I have never once said that the WCO doesn't need a deep threat. What I've said is that we need to have a guy that can run the 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 routes, a guy who can run teh 4, 5, 6 and 7 routes and a guy who can run the 7, 8 and 9 routes to that the QB could have a full WR corps.

Going into 10, 11 and this year, I said the most important thing we needed was teh 4, 5, 6 and 7 guy. (i.e. Vincent Jackson).

I am sure that you will, at some point in time, come with the same thing again that I don't think we need a deep threat. We do, he's just not as important as Percy and the other one.

Problem is, he's had receivers open, but you constantly refuse to believe it.

Sure there's been a few times that we've been shut down, but many more times that they are open.

How is it fans can whine that there were 9 dropped balls in one game, yet claim "No one is open"?

How is it a QB can throw for 2,300 yards in 12 games that features a star RB, yet fans claim "No one is open"?

How is it out top WR publicly states game film shows receivers are open, yet fans still try try saying he's wrong because "No one is open"?

How is it a QB throws more completions than 24 others in the top 40, but fans still claim "No one is open"?

How can fans brag about the wins we had & praise Ponder for his passing game & completion % when apparently, no one was open?
    LOL, what you call open and what I call open seem to be two different things.

Is the guy open when the receiver bodies up the DB and Ponder puts it on his hands only to have the DB knock it out? Is the guy open when Ponder throws it to him and hits him in the hands with the DB running stride for stride with him?

I don't. Just because it hits his hands doesn't mean he's open. It means Ponder put it in a spot and expects the WR to make a play on it like we do any other WR in the league.

Has Ponder missed open receivers? Sure. Heck, he has completely not even seen a few. Its to be expected, even Peyton and Brady have missed guys this year.

Get some consistent play out of the WR's and the QB consistency will go up.

And who the hell cares about the fans bragging. I'm bragging my ass off. We are 6-6 and still in a playoff hunt and doing it with young kids on defense, no WR's and a QB that still has room to grow. People tried to tell me we would be the worst team in the league this year.
    Last edited by Marrdro; 12-09-2012 at 08:39 AM.

LOL, what you call open and what I call open seem to be two different things.

Is the guy open when the receiver bodies up the DB and Ponder puts it on his hands only to have the DB knock it out? Is the guy open when Ponder throws it to him and hits him in the hands with the DB running stride for stride with him?

I don't. Just because it hits his hands doesn't mean he's open. It means Ponder put it in a spot and expects the WR to make a play on it like we do any other WR in the league.

Has Ponder missed open receivers? Sure. Heck, he has completely not even seen a few. Its to be expected, even Peyton and Brady have missed guys this year.

Get some consistent play out of the WR's and the QB consistency will go up.

And who the hell cares about the fans bragging. I'm bragging my ass off. We are 6-6 and still in a playoff hunt and doing it with young kids on defense, no WR's and a QB that still has room to grow. People tried to tell me we would be the worst team in the league this year.
    Is the receiver wide open when he has several yards separation from the defender, only to have the ball passed by Ponder hit the defender in the back?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast