Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I think Jennings would be a better sign than Wallace.

Wallace needs a guy to throw the ball out there and let him run under it, Ponder doesn't have the arm for that. Jennings, although not a big guy, can run all the routes and is a good all-around player.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    I only have one question, and I want all the Ponder lovrers to think about it really hard, and to be very honest with your response to it.

Do you believe that if we bring in a guy like Wallace from the Steelers that Christian Ponder would be able to get him the ball consitently enough to warrant bringing him here for a high price tag? Think really hard. Do you think Ponder has the skill to make Wallace the deep threat we need?

I say it would be totally wasted money. We need three Harvins that he can toss bubble screesn to and Adrian to run the ball That's the only way this rag armed bum could succeed in the NFL.
    In all honesty I really think the team is going to have a difficult time bringing in any free agent reciever (of a high calibre) with the combination of Ponder/Musgrave/Frazier and Spielman. I think we're in the same place we were when the team was looking at TJ Houshmandzadeh and Jackson was the starter and he didn't know the name of our QB.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I have a funny feeling that isn't going to happen. I think Harvin has had his fill of playing here the way things are going.

It just may be playing a factor in what's taking him so long to recover from that sprain.
    I have to disagree. I believe Percy will get his nice juicy contract this offseason and all will be well. Spielman said this last offseason the team is not going to trade Harvin, and I believe that if no deal is done by the time his rookie contract is up then the franchise tag gets used on him. We have another full year to get him signed and maybe we will answer the quarterback issue this offseason.

I just can't see Harvin leaving unless we get a ton in return.

I believe there is more to his ankle injury also, but I am willing to bet he has some sort of surgery within the next month. I think the team was trying to be sneaky with his injury report.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    They will need to do something before next year because he will sit out before he will play for the amount of money he is contracted for next year.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    I don't have anything nice to say about our passing game so I will stop right here.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I have to disagree. I believe Percy will get his nice juicy contract this offseason and all will be well. Spielman said this last offseason the team is not going to trade Harvin, and I believe that if no deal is done by the time his rookie contract is up then the franchise tag gets used on him. We have another full year to get him signed and maybe we will answer the quarterback issue this offseason.

I just can't see Harvin leaving unless we get a ton in return.

I believe there is more to his ankle injury also, but I am willing to bet he has some sort of surgery within the next month. I think the team was trying to be sneaky with his injury report.
    1. It's already been publicly stated that he does not require surgery. With that said, it was a 2-3 week recovery period.

2. It's not always about money, if a player wants out & demands a trade or a release, he usually gets it 9 times out of 10 or greater. There's plenty of players out there who have done just that. Both Favre & Moss have done it. Carson Palmer did it.

3. Harvin already has a history of not being happy here.

At the end of the day franchise tags & contracts don't mean shit.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-09-2012 at 07:28 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I have a funny feeling that isn't going to happen. I think Harvin has had his fill of playing here the way things are going.

It just may be playing a factor in what's taking him so long to recover from that sprain.
    I don't think it has anything to do with what Percy wants, other than money. I think it has everything to do with the staff isn't going to give him the money he wants because of his inability to stay healthy ala El Syd.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Personally I think Spielman is too cheap to pursue Wallace and hopefully the Vikings sign Percy to a long term deal this off season.
    How so, he/the staff tried to land Vincent Jackson a couple of years ago when he held out on SD.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Im afraid singer is right
    What has this world come to. I just read 3 posts were people said this. Singer is never right......snicker.....

His premise is that the atmosphere (HC, QB, O-coord) is what will keep Percy from signing. Thats all pretty good press when you live in the world of ESPN and drama spin, but the truth of the matter is, Percy will stay if he's paid.

Problem is, Percy wants top dollar and the staff aren't going to pay him top dollar because of his inability to stay healthy.

.....Steve is right....comeon my friend. Don't make me put you on that spread sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    I only have one question, and I want all the Ponder lovrers to think about it really hard, and to be very honest with your response to it.

Do you believe that if we bring in a guy like Wallace from the Steelers that Christian Ponder would be able to get him the ball consitently enough to warrant bringing him here for a high price tag? Think really hard. Do you think Ponder has the skill to make Wallace the deep threat we need?

I say it would be totally wasted money. We need three Harvins that he can toss bubble screesn to and Adrian to run the ball That's the only way this rag armed bum could succeed in the NFL.
    Here is something I want you to think real hard on my friend.....

Is it because of his arm that he only throws bubble screens or is it because we don't have a WR that can get open to catch a deep throw?

In the end, I don't have to think hard. There is a prevailing perception out there by a contingent of Ponder haters who claim he has a weak arm. That perception is fueled by his last year in college when he threw the ball around with a bum throwing arm.

Truth of the matter is, he has more than enough arm to throw the deep routes. He demonstrated in the Senior bowl (after his arm healed) that he could.

On a side note. Makes me sick to watch a once proud fan base crawl into the depths of fanbases like the 49rs (wanted to shit can Smith) and Giants (wanted to shitcan Eli) because there QBs didn't mature instantaneously.

For the life of me I can't figure out why the Vikings fan base is so inept at growing QB's. Must be from all the years of bringing in old Vets, going back to the Green days.

Think hard.....I wonder if a few of you guys can even think, let alone hard. LOL.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast