Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boyum is offline Training Camp

Mike Tomlin vs Leslie Frazier

If you look at the performance of Mike Tomlin and Leslie Frazier (sp?) they look pretty similar.
    Frazier arguably has a better pedigree (IMO) as he has more experience and last worked for Tony Dungy on with a great defense in Indy.
    So why all the love for Tomlin AND the plum head coaching job but not much talk about Frazier?
    Personally I think the guy is very cool and confident and is doing his best with the same personel deficiencies that Tomlin had.

Am I wrong, do you guys think Frazier is on the road to becoming a head coach?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Mike Tomlin vs Leslie Frazier

He didn't work with a great D in Indy.. Thier D isn't very good

But yes im happy with Frazier personally

I wish he would incorporate more blitz's tho

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

Yeah, I think he will be an hc. but, he isnt doing as well as tomlin did last year with most of the same ppl.

things just came together right for tomlin

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"V4L" wrote:

Agreed. I'd like to see more corner blitzes... but I couldn't watch the game today, so not sure if he did.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Boyum" wrote:
    If you look at the performance of Mike Tomlin and Leslie Frazier (sp?) they look pretty similar.
    Frazier arguably has a better pedigree (IMO) as he has more experience and last worked for Tony Dungy on with a great defense in Indy.
    So why all the love for Tomlin AND the plum head coaching job but not much talk about Frazier?
    Personally I think the guy is very cool and confident and is doing his best with the same personel deficiencies that Tomlin had.

By default..
    - People tend to associate success to a front runner/ pace setter (the Vikings new D was set by Tomlin)
    - People would identify with someone who they can reach/ talk to (Tomlin was vibrant and an ever present communicator)

On another note, I am a bit worried about the slow or should I say no improvement on our pass defense. Plus, we seem to have dropped statistically under Fraizer (given he is instilling some new concepts)

Boyum is offline Training Camp

"mblack76" wrote:
    "Boyum" wrote:

By default..
    - People tend to associate success to a front runner/ pace setter (the Vikings new D was set by Tomlin)
    - People would identify with someone who they can reach/ talk to (Tomlin was vibrant and an ever present communicator)

On another note, I am a bit worried about the slow or should I say no improvement on out pass defense.
    We still are struggling with generating a pass rush.
    Kevin Williams is arguably the best DT in football and with big Pat next to him you would think they could scheme some plays to cut KW loose more often.

I love the promise of Edwards and Robison, they remind me of young Millard/Doleman bookends.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

"C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Agreed. I'd like to see more corner blitzes... but I couldn't watch the game today, so not sure if he did.
    Umm this works if you have active and physical covermen, who can actually man up in man to man.
    right now their are few teams who can do this in the NFL.
    Yet i'm not sure why we don't bring a will or Sam blitzing linebacker more.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Boyum" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "Boyum" wrote:

By default..

On another note, I am a bit worried about the slow or should I say no improvement on out pass defense.
    We still are struggling with generating a pass rush.
    Kevin Williams is arguably the best DT in football and with big Pat next to him you would think they could scheme some plays to cut KW loose more often.

I love the promise of Edwards and Robison, they remind me of young Millard/Doleman bookends.
    Call me silly but I am thinking maybe we should play Robison and Edwards instead. Can someone help explain why they dont get much action?

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Eh, we got 4 sacks today, a safety, and forced a fumble on Daunte. It was Daunte and all but we generated a better pass rush today. Hopefully that will transfer into some big sacks on Eli..

On another note, Robert Gallery is an enormous bust. We think Ryan Cook is bad... This guy can't even get his ass in gear playing guard.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

"Boyum" wrote:

Over the last 12 years, three Vikings coordinators (Dungy, Billick, and Tomlin) have been hired away by other NFL teams to become their head coaches. Another, Linehan, spent one year with the Dolphins as OC after his stint with Minnesota, before being hired as head coach of the Rams. Another, O'Leary, was hired by a college team to be their head coach.

Based on that, I'd say the chance of any Minnesota Vikings coordinator getting a head coaching job to be very high.

Go Vikings!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast