Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Tomlin

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Mike Tomlin

"Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    I think the fake FG that became a punt shows all about the confidence Childress has in the D that Mike has created.
    But if he was that gol 'darnit confident, don't you attempt the field goal & if you miss it, rely on that same defense to hold them aqgain?
    That makes no sense to me.
    They get the ball on the high probability miss and need two first downs to make it an almost for sure FG.
    You put them deep in their own territory and they have to beat the D with a lot less liklihood of being successful.
    Going for the 4th & 1 or a low probability field goal made no sense given the time left, D success, and time-outs left.
    Put the ball into the teams strenght (D) not the weakness (O, long field goals).
    Deja Vu.
    it worked out well, but i can guarentee you longwell would have hit that 51 yarder, hanson kicked a 53 and longwell is a lot better
    our only sure-handed receiver

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"sharper42" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    I think the fake FG that became a punt shows all about the confidence Childress has in the D that Mike has created.
    But if he was that gol 'darnit confident, don't you attempt the field goal & if you miss it, rely on that same defense to hold them aqgain?
    They get the ball on the high probability miss and need two first downs to make it an almost for sure FG.
    You put them deep in their own territory and they have to beat the D with a lot less liklihood of being successful.
    Going for the 4th & 1 or a low probability field goal made no sense given the time left, D success, and time-outs left.
    Put the ball into the teams strenght (D) not the weakness (O, long field goals).
    Deja Vu.
    it worked out well, but i can guarentee you longwell would have hit that 51 yarder, hanson kicked a 53 and longwell is a lot better
    not quite sure, but thats a poor way of looking at it. rex grossman is like brett favre, but younger, so he'll be alot better. chestor had a better game than ladanian tomlinson, so chestor is going to be a probowler for sure.

theres more to it than just, hes better = he wouldve made it.

i dont know if he wouldve made it or not. kluwe botched that extra point, so you always have to keep that in mind on field goals. just 1 point to look at on a loooong field goal attempt. i personally am with prophet and love that call.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"sharper42" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Deja Vu.

Ummm, Longwell is 0-2 from 50+ this year and 13-24 in his career.
    Not a gimme by a long shot.

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "sharper42" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Deja Vu.

one of those 2 got blocked so it isnt totally his fault and plus we are at home in the dome indoors no wind factor!!!! he made a 49 yarder outdoors last week in buffalo on a sorta windy day
    our only sure-handed receiver

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

My favorite part of today is 16 rushing yards allowed and ofcoarse the 2 tds on defense

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"sharper42" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "sharper42" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=cogitans link=topic=28081.msg481583#msg481583 date=1160352910]
    Deja Vu.

one of those 2 got blocked so it isnt totally his fault and plus we are at home in the dome indoors no wind factor!!!! he made a 49 yarder outdoors last week in buffalo on a sorta windy day
    [/quote]

Percentages young grasshopper, Percentages.
    H.C. is all he knows, percentage chance of making it, plus I heard Longwell was under the weather today ... it all factors in.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "sharper42" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Deja Vu.

Edinger could have made it.
    ;D

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "sharper42" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Deja Vu.

;D
    [/quote]

Ryan probably would have as well. But the point is that Brad knew there were a good chance of holding them deep in their own zone, which would give his offense another shot at making even more, from a good starting position.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "sharper42" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Deja Vu.

;D
    [/quote]

And missed the 20-yarder.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

im just glad i dont have to watch edinger's wacky style of kicking!
    ???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast