Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Fire Tice

I dont hate tice but I damn sure dont love him. But guys..its the first game, we cant make him walk the plank 1 game into the season. Cuz alotta teams didnt come out winnin weak 1...aka St louis..Carolina, San Deigo, and im sure noone is screamin..THE SEASON IS OVER FIRE EM! lol so lets just play some more games and go from there.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Up grade Cottrell to head coach. Some how get Monte Kiffin as D. C. and then get Fassell as Offensive cordinatior.

If we can't get Kiffin then just move Fassell to head coach get Neuheisel as O. C. and keep Cottrell where he is.

I agree Muchluv...I'm really interested to see what our players can do with better coaching.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

Pep had 4 turn overs HIMSELF, and you are blaming tice....4 turnovers almost guarantees a loss doesnt it most of the time?
    I don't want to defend Tice, because he's a popcorn and peanuts guy, but a lot of the blame falls on Peps' hands.
    Next week, Pep will be back on his feet and kicking some a$$ and all will be well.
    The defense looked really good, the special teams looked really good...all we need is the offense to come together and we should be just fine.
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I dont hate tice but I gol 'darnit sure dont love him. But guys..its the first game, we cant make him walk the plank 1 game into the season. Cuz alotta teams didnt come out winnin weak 1...aka St louis..Carolina, San Deigo, and im sure noone is screamin..THE SEASON IS OVER FIRE EM! lol so lets just play some more games and go from there.

I'm not saying the season is over, fire him. I am simply saying what I have been saying for 2 years now, that Tice is not a good coach and has held us back since he took over. I have actually came on here and said the same thing after we have won some games. I just plain don't like the guy as a head coach, on gameday. He has however done a good job at getting talent here, but unfortunately his bad coaching offsets that talent.

Can we win with Tice? Yes. Would it be much much easier with a guy like Jim Fassell? Absolutely.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    Up grade Cottrell to head coach. Some how get Monte Kiffin as D. C. and then get Fassell as Offensive cordinatior.

If we can't get Kiffin then just move Fassell to head coach get Neuheisel as O. C. and keep Cottrell where he is.
    nah man, fassel as HC

Cotrell gets this year to prove himself at D coorcinator

bump tice down to offensive Coordinator

fire loney

just let Birk be Oline coach, because he probably will be too hurt to play...

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

oh i kno man, im not singling you out..im just sayin in general...I kno some of our fans dont like tice. I happen to think hes a ok coach....is thier better out there for us..yes....but if he can get the job done this year...keep em

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Just look at the game today:

1. Does he know how/when to challenge a play? He challenged a play that was unchallengable and the refs had to tell him to put the hanky away. Embarrassing.

2. E. James deactivated. Why? Conditioning is not the best on the first game so depth would be nice, and James is actually good. Stupid move here as well.

3. RB situation. Moe can't do it, Bennett can't do it...so stick with those 2? I realize the Oline is mostly at fault here, but why didn't he give anyone else a shot?

4. Troy Williamson returning the very last kick...for what? He acts like he's doing our #7 overall pick a favor. I'm really glad we had 2 top 20 picks.

5. McKinnie hurt...cool move by keeping in all the starters.

6. Like always, Tice coaches with no responsibility. Loney has a bad 3rd and 1 passing call...oh well thats his fault is Tice's attitude just like last year against the Seahawks. Horrible planning as far as the Oline goes, they were not ready for today. And Tice is an Oline guru?

These are just things I noticed from today. Tice has proven he sucks over the years and the recycled coaching staff doesn't help. At least Cotrell pieced together a good game plan today for the defense.

Sorry for the rant and all of the negativity, but I am really sick of always saying next year.
    Here's a story on the related topic;

http://www.startribune.com/stories/150/5607951.html

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Mike Tice's coaching staff

"RK" wrote:
    The coaching staff just doesn't make adjustments in their game well enough.
    Isn't that the truth !! I've never seen a coaching staff adjust so slowly. I was waiting for the offense to try something new to throw off the Buc's defense..., maybe a no huddle offense, putting Klensasser in the backfield to help Daunte, just SOMETHING. It never happened.

The only adjustments Tice's teams make are at halftime. By then the opposing team has already anticipated, and responded, to Tice's adjustments.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Re: Mike Tice's coaching staff

Good article singersp.. From the article I think this says it all.
    Tice called this game a "cerebral" challenge because of Jon Gruden's Super Bowl ring and Tampa defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin's well-deserved reputation for disrupting offenses.

Is Tice equipped for a cerebral challenge?
    Obviously not...... I was not a big Tice fan last year and I still have not found a reason to change my mind.

WWBGD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12