Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Purple Herring is offline Training Camp

Mike Tice's Assessment of the Vikings 2004 Season

I was encouraged when reading Mike Tice's comments on vikings.com by how much of what he noted about the season made sense to me. It's encouraging the way the Defense has started to improve during the season, but he is correct to say that it needs to get better still if we are to win the Division, and hopefully a Superbowl.

I think trying to establish a regular running back will help give our Offense a more balanced edge.

Hopefully whoever owns the Vikings going forward will give Tice the time to build upon this season's success.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, like the defense should try playing a complete game as opposed to playing a good first half and horrible second half and vice versa!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The D is the Key...and that's it for me! Weeeeee!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The offense never really got back on track after Randy went down in the NO game. Yeah, we had a game here and there where we seem potent but they never carried the momentum through a game like they did early on in the season.

D and injuries, I concur.

We always give Hooded Belly from NE the coaching props but we must remember that he has a lot of depth. They have 5 LBs that you recognize there names if mentioned. He has guys to step up with experience. They have 5 decent WRs granted Branch didn't play most of the season. They have a system that works. Not trying to take anything away from Belly, just saying he built a strong team.

May we be blessed with more talent and quality aquisitions in this offseason to better our team along with the players we have growing from the past season.

I was listening to talk radio and they were talking about the patriots and I thought someone made a really good point. They said that the patriots don't have a guy that is the #1 in the league at their position (kind of like Moss is the #1 WR in the league, at least in my opinion) but they have the #3 or 4 guy at every position, where as other teams have one or two #1 guys but then a whole bunch of #10 to 15 guys everywhere else, and that is why the patriots play so well. I tend to agree with the guy too!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I was listening to talk radio and they were talking about the patriots and I thought someone made a really good point. They said that the patriots don't have a guy that is the #1 in the league at their position (kind of like Moss is the #1 WR in the league, at least in my opinion) but they have the #3 or 4 guy at every position, where as other teams have one or two #1 guys but then a whole bunch of #10 to 15 guys everywhere else, and that is why the patriots play so well. I tend to agree with the guy too!!
    I am so sick of hearing about the Patsies...the Vikes need to step it up so that we can get some of that press!

It's the truth though, don't you think?

My hatred for all things Boston prevents me from admitting anything good about the Patsies...it is more of the fact that I hate talking to all of those pompous, self-important, know-it-all jerks that come from there...you can't shut them up!

Yeah, I guess I only talk to people from Wisconny that are EXACTLY like that so I have a hard time with them and not the Bostonians!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

When did the defense improve this season exactly?

They played 1, maybe two complete games. ANd in the NFL you can't play only portions of a game on defense.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast