Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Tice

Rastak is offline Rookie

Re: Mike Tice

I'll echo what most have said, with a GM and a good staff Mike Tice could very well succeed. I'm not 100% sure the press would kill him though, he's an east coast guy and may be able to hold his own.

Great guy, good teacher but needs good people around him.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I like Mike Tice a lot. He couldn't do too much over here because of a cheap owner. He has a little to learn in the ways of coaching but he showed a LOT of improvement in 2005.

What I think he does BEST though is build/develop a team from scratch. Together with our Vice President and Director of Scouting he put together a very talented roster over the last 4 years. We were always on the verge of playoffs under him WITHOUT having the luxury of making a splash in Free Agency. Tice deserves all the credit for the excellent job he has done rebuilding this team.

If I'm not mistaken, that's what the Jets need.

Don't worry, Tice won't bring Teddy to NY. Teddy cost him his job here so I doubt he would try that again.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"jackyl" wrote:
    With a full coaching staff Tice could be a great head coach. His main weakness is he still acts like a player, so he lacks some struacture and motivation skills.
    Good post Jackyl!!!

I think that this would suck for Tice to go to the Jets.

Cap issues!
    QB issues!
    RB issues!
    Patriot issues!

I mean who wants to play the Pats 2 times a year. :roll:

I just think this is a long haul for any coach. Herm wanted out for a reason.

"What is said in the family, stays in the family. What is said in NY, stays in NY."-----Herm

JetMann, are you upset with HERM "the Worm"?

"Rastak" wrote:
    I'll echo what most have said, with a GM and a good staff Mike Tice could very well succeed. I'm not 100% sure the press would kill him though, he's an east coast guy and may be able to hold his own.

Great guy, good teacher but needs good people around him.
    I will give Tice some credit for the improvement of talent on the team along with Rob and Studwell.

But as far as teacher, yanking lineman from the game, berating them and putting in another guy only to have the other guy go in and get a false start penalty also just didn't seem like a very effective tactic. Maybe this is actually bad coaching and he is really a good teacher behind the scenes, IDK! Maybe he is a better teacher than a coach at this point in his career.

Prophet Guest

You can thank us fans for putting up with his training at the demise of our team and the Vikings franchise for giving him all the on-the-job training. I think if he is ever ready to coach in the NFL it is now. He sure wasn't when he entered into the NFL as an HC.

jetman112 is offline Waterboy

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "jackyl" wrote:
    With a full coaching staff Tice could be a great head coach. His main weakness is he still acts like a player, so he lacks some struacture and motivation skills.
    Good post Jackyl!!!

Cap issues!
    QB issues!
    RB issues!
    Patriot issues!

"What is said in the family, stays in the family. What is said in NY, stays in NY."-----Herm

I'm not upset with Herm as I'm with the 85% or so who wanted him out. KC fans will love him until the 2 minute warning when he becomes clueless about clock mgt, play-calling, etc. Herm called a play in the playoffs last year taking a knee to stop the clock (losing yardage) for a FGA-which of course then missed by Doug Brien. This is just one of many late game/half gaffes.

Anyway--thanks for all the posts. Sounds like Tice is kinda like an unpolished Herm (players coach) with more of an upside.

"jetman112" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "jackyl" wrote:
    Good post Jackyl!!!

Cap issues!
    QB issues!
    RB issues!
    Patriot issues!

I'm not upset with Herm as I'm with the 85% or so who wanted him out. KC fans will love him until the 2 minute warning when he becomes clueless about clock mgt, play-calling, etc. Herm called a play in the playoffs last year taking a knee to stop the clock (losing yardage) for a FGA-which of course then missed by Doug Brien. This is just one of many late game/half gaffes.

Anyway--thanks for all the posts. Sounds like Tice is kinda like an unpolished Herm (players coach) with more of an upside.
    They sound the same to me. I always like Herm from his PCs. I think it is the best thing both the Jets and the Vikes to have parted with their coaches this year. Sounds like Herms approval rating was down from what you said, well I think Tice's was also.

Most of the positive comments were about how Tice built the team, put it together, but the thing is with the talent, it didn't produce anything. There is a flaw somewhere. Most of the ones that say the positives say that the flaw was the coaching staff and Red, not Tice and that is where I differ. It was all part of the problem. Tice might be close to being a good head coach, but I wish he would go back to positions and then to OC under someone that can give him better leadership skills. Go back to school, by taking a demotion so to speak and learn from someone that is winning now. Apply that to what you know already and you will be better for it. He has worked under some good(winning) coaches though........Knol and Green. Maybe he is ready to just jump in again, good luck with him if you get him, and surround him with talent.

tice is great ........

if you need a coach for half a season. with streaks like 6-0 , 5-1 and 7-2 , it's kinda hard to accept records of 9-7 , 8-8 and 9-7 respectively.

needs to be less of a friend and more of a coach sometimes.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

He will be able to improve your team to a good strong .500 team. Certainly an improvement over this year. :razz: The problem is that most of the coaches in the NFL have his number and know how to beat him. He is predictable.

WWBGD

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

He is a great salesman!

:razz:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast