Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Tice

jetman112 is offline Waterboy

Mike Tice

Hey guys, I'm sure you dont get too many Jets fans here. The news in NY is that Tice is a leading candidate for the Jets job (possibly bringing back Cotrell to NY?? please, no). Anyway whats the feeling here about Tice (strengths/weaknesses). Good luck with your new HC.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Mike Tice

Nice guy -- Know's offense but can't call plays. Players love him because he is "one of them." May do well if he surrounds himself with some quality people but never had that chance here because of cheap owner. He is so down to earth and laid back he will never get along with the NY press. They will squash him like a bug.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

You'll get mixed opinions here, but I feel he can do well with a competent staff of coaches. He had shit here.

He's still learning (he went straight from an O-Line coach to HC) but I think he will do well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think Tice is going to be a great head coach eventually. He is still relatively new, and was always handicapped by a cheap franchise owner. Players relate better to him than most coaches, and that is good for moral. I hope he does get a chance with the Jets. He deserves it.

Plus he can throw a red challenge flag almost half way across the field!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"jetman112" wrote:
    Hey guys, I'm sure you dont get too many Jets fans here. The news in NY is that Tice is a leading candidate for the Jets job (possibly bringing back Cotrell to NY?? please, no). Anyway whats the feeling here about Tice (strengths/weaknesses). Good luck with your new HC.
    Bring both of them back to NY/NJ.

We put him through training camp, if he just needs to tweak his style a bit and he should be better at his job.

IMO:

Tice is a whiner, always trying to play the PressConf for sympathy. If he does that in NYC, they will chew him up and spit him out. Not quite as entertaining as Herm.

He is a great guy unless you get on his bad side. Then you are in his doghouse. You stay there until Tice is done whining and stewing, and if he ever gets over it, you might get to play again.

Ticefeld is a good comedy, we(not all) just got tired of the reruns, 32-33. Stretch of good shows followed by a stretch of bad shows was hard to stomach.

I don't mean to be totally negative, actually partial to the guy, just got tired of him riding my bike with training wheels on, when he should have taken them off 2 years ago, so he could ride with the big boys. Keep up Tice, got to go over the whoop-de-doos, and take those stupid training wheels off and whipe that tear from your eye, it isn't that bad. You won't hurt yourself.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

tice is a "new" coach, he needs more years under his belt. he's a good guy and he cares about his players. he also knows how to find talent if you have paid any attention to our past few drafts we are loaded with talented young players.

oh and don't forget denny green pretty much destroyed the team before he left and he left tice with a complete mess to fix. and like the other guys said our coaching staff was the lowest paid in the nfl, parcells alone made more last year than our whole staff. so pretty much you get your moneys worth and for us that wasn't much. i think tice did quite well with having nothing to work with. look at kevin williams that guy is awesome and when we drafted him high in the first round everyone said who is that guy? then the jets drafted robertson before us and that guy pretty much hasn't done anything. i watched the videos of williams when we drafted him and he got blocked, he didn't have gaping holes to run through either like robertson had. williams was a bull out there and he was over looked by several teams and the jets who grabbed robertson.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Oh, that Mike Tice!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"jetman112" wrote:

I think if Tice is given the right opportunity, and money to get some good coaches on his staff he can succeed. He now has 4 years of being the head coach under his belt and if he has a strong GM and player personal behind him he can possible be the right guy for the job.

The problem I see with the Jets is more that the owner does not know what he wants for a H/C, or the patients to let the guy build the team. The New York media will like Tice at first, but will grow tired of him quickly and so will the fans.

Do I think Tice is the right man for the Jets H/C job? No

The owner and the fans in New York will not be patient enough, he should turn down this offer and wait for one that would be a better fit! I think he would be better off to accept a coordinator job for a few years, and then try for for a head coaching job at that point.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Tice has the potential to be a good coach, but right now I would call him average at best. The fact is he was given the job because he was cheap, and he was cheap because he was actually ready to be a head coach.

I think Tice has a chance to succeed, but not in NY. The media will tear him apart, and that is unfortunate. In order to give Tice a chnce to succeed, fans will have to "put up" with his failure a bit mroe than usual. He is the exact opposite of Herm Edwards when it comes to press conferences.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

With a full coaching staff Tice could be a great head coach. His main weakness is he still acts like a player, so he lacks some struacture and motivation skills.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast