Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Tice

PhillyVikes is offline Starter

Mike Tice

Did anyone get to see Mike Tice on NFL Total Access the other day I had to work and forgot to tape it. I wanted to see what his mind set is this year. I hope he is starting to become more of a coach and less of a player. :shaking:

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Mike Tice

I just wish we got the damn NFL network. We have cable unfortunately!! I think Tice is going to be a great coach in the future (not that he already hasn't done a great job).

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Mike Tice

What day was he on? I watch it almost every day and I have been waiting for him to be on there, or anyone from the Vikes. I'd be pissed if I missed it.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

PhillyVikes is offline Starter

Mike Tice

It was on Tuesday

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Mike Tice

"PhillyVikes" wrote:
    Did anyone get to see Mike Tice on NFL Total Access the other day I had to work and forgot to tape it. I wanted to see what his mind set is this year. I hope he is starting to become more of a coach and less of a player. :shaking:

I think you got the day wrong, I believe he is on tommorrow, or thursday. I watched the show on tuesday and that is when they advertised him being on thursday. It is about damn time someone from Minnesota is on total access, it was starting to piss me off that the same damn teams were being represented by coaches and players. Playbook was on the NFC north today, and they continued to talk about our D problems. What more can we do in the offseason to address our d, to make them believe we will have a decent d next season? We had 3 spots that needed upgrading on D, DE, CB, and will LB. We got the best pass rusher in the draft, the best CB available in FA(with champ being traded), and a very fast and athletic OLB to start. What area of our d needs to be improved now?

Then of course when they talk about the pack, they say nothing about there problems on d last year. They say that as long as favre and green play good, the pack will win the north. For some reason, our #1 offense, needs a lot of help from our d, but the packers #4 offense doesn't need to worry about their d improving? This gets old every year it's the same thing, favre is so great, the packers don't need to have a good d for them to win the north. Hey, I agree that favre is good, but if their d isn't much improved this year, they aren't gona win the north, we are.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Mike Tice

I just saw on NFL.com that Tice will be on Thursday night on NFLTA(NFL total access). I know I'll be watching that.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Mike Tice

SO let me ask ya guys sometin, how good is it to have nfl tv. Whats usually on everyday and what package can you get nfl tv on??? Just thought id find out some info about it.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Mike Tice

I get the NFL Channel and I have direct tv. I am glad I switched from cable to dish a while ago. They have lots of cool programs on the NFL network unfortunately or fortunately if they cover the vikings NFL Total Access is on like 20 times a day the same show over and over. Occasionally you get a replay of an older game one viking game they keep replaying is when we played Buffalo a couple years ago actually I think it was 2002 but anyway we did end up losing that game but it went down to overtime and a couple missed field goals or scoring opportunities on both sides. Someone in this post said it was about time someone from Minnesota was on total access. Did you not see it when Hovan hosted a couple shows with Rich Eisen one week it was right after the superbowl also saw Chris Clairborne on it once he was part of the panel one day but that is about it haven't seen much of minnesota represented on the NFL total access show. I do agree though that the Viking don't get near the coverage as most other teams for some reason the media just doesn't want to cover us. That will change this year when we take our division.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Mike Tice

I also get the NFL network on Direct TV. They only have a few shows right now. NFL Total Access is one. They also have NFL replay, and NFL Game of the Week. Both show games, but without all of the breaks between plays. I believe game of the week is going to replay games from the current season (when we actually get to the season), and that replay will show games from past seasons. They also have a show called "In Their Own Words". I've only caught about 30 seconds of that one, but it looks like a sound-bite show. You also can see sonme NFL films stuff, as well as NFL Europe games. I also recall that they will be showing all of the preseason games (some on tape-delay). As the network grows, I'm sure there will be other shows added. It's not something for the casual fan right now, but for a football adict like myself, it's great.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Mike Tice

"josdin00" wrote:
    I also get the NFL network on Direct TV. They only have a few shows right now. NFL Total Access is one. They also have NFL replay, and NFL Game of the Week. Both show games, but without all of the breaks between plays. I believe game of the week is going to replay games from the current season (when we actually get to the season), and that replay will show games from past seasons. They also have a show called "In Their Own Words". I've only caught about 30 seconds of that one, but it looks like a sound-bite show. You also can see sonme NFL films stuff, as well as NFL Europe games. I also recall that they will be showing all of the preseason games (some on tape-delay). As the network grows, I'm sure there will be other shows added. It's not something for the casual fan right now, but for a football adict like myself, it's great.

Another show i like on the nfl network is the one where they look back a the last 5 to 10 years of a team, and show how it was built, through drafts and free agents. I can't remember the name though. NFL Playbook is another hour show the have, where they break down each division. I don't really like the guys who host that show though, they don't seem to know enough. One guy, I believe it was glenn parker, said that a D starts in the middle, and we didn't address are needs in the middle of our d this offseason. What the hell is he talking about??? The middle is our strong part of our d, with Hovan, kevin williams, and EJ.

I absolutely love the NFL network, if your are a football nut like me, then you need it. It is also good during the season, because on sundays, they have constant stat and score updates on all the games. They have their own radio guys at each game, and they talk to them a different times as well. It is good for the fantasy football nut, giving you stat updates all the time.

I saw the 1998 NFC championship game on the network a month or so ago, and that was nice to see again, even though we lost. The only other vikings game I have seen on there is the buffalo game, where doug brien missed 2 extra points, and cost us the game. Boy we sure do have a lot more talent on our D now, then we did 2 years ago. I am sure they have showed the falcons game from 2002. Wish they would show some games that we won, like the saints game where we went for 2 at the end to win the game. Oh well, I just need to see some vikings games in the offseason, I don't care what happens in those games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast