Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike McKenzie

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Mike McKenzie

"briboy75" wrote:
    i'm not a big fan of his, but comparing him to Ken Irving is not fair. He's better than that.
    Compare thier Stats. And McKenzie got more playing time than Irvin. He's an OK player but not anywhere near a starter on this team.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Mike McKenzie

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Okay, if you want a REAL answer:

McKenzie is kind of a Ricky WIlliams sort of guy. He signed a crappy contract a couple of years ago, and for one, he's upset seeing the contracts DB's are getting this offseason, when he would have been a UFA this season.

But moreso, he was really upset at the playcalling at the end of the Philly game, and pretty much refused to talk about it, so he has basically said he doesn't have a lot of faith in Packer coaching/admin (and after the draft, I'm not sure I do either).

He also was upset that his secondary coach wasn't promoted to defensive coordinator, I think probably because McKenzie respects his playcalling more than the Attention Deficit Crew we have now (Sherman and Rossley).

Overall, he's a very good player...he isn't quite a "shutdown" corner, but he has as good of catch-up speed as anyone in the league. But the damage may be done, and this may become another Duce Staley situation.
    Ricky williams?

You mention a premier player with McKenzie? What kinda dope you smokin' Send some over this way cuz if it can make you put those two in the same brath it's gotta be dynamite!!!!

Please

Mike McKenzie

Also I agree Big easy, Tyrone Carter may have suck when he was with us but flourished under Ted. He may very well take Irvin's spot and If I had to pick between him and McKenzie I would take Carter for attitude alone. I feel the skills are similar anyway. There's only one reason McKenzie is a starting Corner. He's on a team that was 23 in pass defense and they didn't have anyone better.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Mike McKenzie

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    Also I agree Big easy, Tyrone Carter may have suck when he was with us but flourished under Ted. He may very well take Irvin's spot and If I had to pick between him and McKenzie I would take Carter for attitude alone. I feel the skills are similar anyway. There's only one reason McKenzie is a starting Corner. He's on a team that was 23 in pass defense and they didn't have anyone better.
    [size=24px][/size]REVEREND!!!! =D>

[size=12px][/size]Couldn't agree with you more.

sig courtesy of PPE

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Mike McKenzie

"BigEasyViking" wrote:

I think that you are forgetting someone? Remember that we picked up Tyrone Carter who may take Irvin's spot if he works hard and will definately be on the field when they go against 4 WR sets. CHEER LIKE HELL FOR T.C! You Gopher fans know what I'm talking about.

:thumbright: :thumbleft:

I thought we brought back Carter to be a back-up safety, not to go back to corner.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Mike McKenzie

"bigdogbovy" wrote:

Your smokin dope, if you think tyrone carter is anywhere near the player mckenzie is. That is like saying shaun hill is better than favre. Don't base you opinions just because the guy is a packer. How good was the Jets passing D last year? Was Tyrone carter anywhere near their #1 CB spot? NO! Also it is gonna be hard to take kenny irvin's spot at nickel CB, when he was added to the team, to be a backup safety. All these Bias opinions really get old guys. I luv the vikes and hate the pack, but no way in hell TC is anywhere near the talent of mckenzie.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Mike McKenzie

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    Okay, if you want a REAL answer:

McKenzie is kind of a Ricky WIlliams sort of guy. He signed a crappy contract a couple of years ago, and for one, he's upset seeing the contracts DB's are getting this offseason, when he would have been a UFA this season.

But moreso, he was really upset at the playcalling at the end of the Philly game, and pretty much refused to talk about it, so he has basically said he doesn't have a lot of faith in Packer coaching/admin (and after the draft, I'm not sure I do either).

He also was upset that his secondary coach wasn't promoted to defensive coordinator, I think probably because McKenzie respects his playcalling more than the Attention Deficit Crew we have now (Sherman and Rossley).

Overall, he's a very good player...he isn't quite a "shutdown" corner, but he has as good of catch-up speed as anyone in the league. But the damage may be done, and this may become another Duce Staley situation.
    Ricky williams?

You mention a premier player with McKenzie? What kinda dope you smokin' Send some over this way cuz if it can make you put those two in the same brath it's gotta be dynamite!!!!

Please

He wasn't comparing the 2 palyers, he was comparing their bad contracts that they first signed. Why would he be comparing a RB to a CB?

Mike McKenzie

dont take him .....keep him out of minnesota

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Mike McKenzie

josdin is right, Carter is not a CB and will not be one here, he is the safety backup and will compete with our 6th round selection. Ous CB crew is ok, not too deep but ok and i do not want McKenzie on our team, his price level is above his talent level. Also we dont need another 'attitude on our team. He is sgned to a contract and should play it out, not be a baby, i would love to have him but it would have to be cheap but that wont happen
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Mike McKenzie

First off, don't compare MacKenzie to Irvin, Carter etc. There is a reason he is a #1 corner in this league and gets more playing time. If some crappy player went in for 1 play and caught a TD you could not make the argument that his stats would be amazing if he started full time. Irvin is getting OLD, carter is slow and at best average on defense. Mackenzie would ba an overpriced #3 corner on this team, but he would make our defense better and his loss does make the Packers worse.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast