Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike McKenzie

Mike McKenzie

I agree with all of you, I hate him. :angryfire: I am glad we will most likely not get that fool.

VIKINGS are KINGS of the NFC North :king:
    VIKINGS are KINGS of the NFC North

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Mike McKenzie

Okay, if you want a REAL answer:

McKenzie is kind of a Ricky WIlliams sort of guy. He signed a crappy contract a couple of years ago, and for one, he's upset seeing the contracts DB's are getting this offseason, when he would have been a UFA this season.

But moreso, he was really upset at the playcalling at the end of the Philly game, and pretty much refused to talk about it, so he has basically said he doesn't have a lot of faith in Packer coaching/admin (and after the draft, I'm not sure I do either).

He also was upset that his secondary coach wasn't promoted to defensive coordinator, I think probably because McKenzie respects his playcalling more than the Attention Deficit Crew we have now (Sherman and Rossley).

Overall, he's a very good player...he isn't quite a "shutdown" corner, but he has as good of catch-up speed as anyone in the league. But the damage may be done, and this may become another Duce Staley situation.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Mike McKenzie

maybe he'd look like a "shutdown" corner if most of the time we saw him play he was attempting to cover randy moss.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Mike McKenzie

I just don't like the guy, and I hate that hair. The NFL is anal and fines players for having their socks too high or too low, why not fine them if their F***ing hair covers up their name and numbers on their back ans shoulders. Personally I like the fact that his cover skills aren’t that good and I hope the pack keep him around instead of getting someone better.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Mossville is offline Starter

Mike McKenzie

Funny comparison to Ken Irvin, MCKenzie is much better than Ken Irvin. Id take him on my team in a heart beat. Do we need him? No we dont, we should get buy with what we have.

Forget that he is a Packer and ask yourself would you still want him on your team. Nevermind, most of you still hate GB so much, that if Ahman Green was up for grabs, most people here would take what we have.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Mike McKenzie

McKenzie is a good player, but the only way I qould want him on board is if we got him relatively cheap and he didn't bring all that attitude.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Mike McKenzie

I honestly can't say that I would take Ahman Green. If I had to pick my favorite packer (uuuuggghh) it would probably be Batman. However, I like Bennett. He fits our offensive style perfectly and I think he has a real shot at being as good or better than Green. He has got speed and he can break tackles. If Bennett stays healthy and we get him more than 15 carries a game....

McKenzie. I don't know what the big thing about CBs is right now. We got Winfield who is a shut down Corner. And every article I read has people saying Brian Williams could end up being a Pro-Bowl CB as well. Many people think he was shafted out of the Pro-Bowl this last year, I'm one of them. Ken Irvin is a solid option for Nickel, and Eric Kelly is a good option for Dime. If Kelly can get himself back on track, I think he can be our Nickel guy of the future. Then, just in case, we have Rushen Jones who made a good mark on Special teams and shows promise at teh CB position.

There is sense getting McKenzie. We don't need him. We also don't needt o have a discussion about getting every player with a semi-big name. This team is solid.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Mike McKenzie

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    I honestly can't say that I would take Ahman Green. If I had to pick my favorite packer (uuuuggghh) it would probably be Batman. However, I like Bennett. He fits our offensive style perfectly and I think he has a real shot at being as good or better than Green. He has got speed and he can break tackles. If Bennett stays healthy and we get him more than 15 carries a game....

McKenzie. I don't know what the big thing about CBs is right now. We got Winfield who is a shut down Corner. And every article I read has people saying Brian Williams could end up being a Pro-Bowl CB as well. Many people think he was shafted out of the Pro-Bowl this last year, I'm one of them. Ken Irvin is a solid option for Nickel, and Eric Kelly is a good option for Dime. If Kelly can get himself back on track, I think he can be our Nickel guy of the future. Then, just in case, we have Rushen Jones who made a good mark on Special teams and shows promise at teh CB position.

There is sense getting McKenzie. We don't need him. We also don't needt o have a discussion about getting every player with a semi-big name. This team is solid.

I think that you are forgetting someone? Remember that we picked up Tyrone Carter who may take Irvin's spot if he works hard and will definately be on the field when they go against 4 WR sets. CHEER LIKE HELL FOR T.C! You Gopher fans know what I'm talking about.

:thumbright: :thumbleft:
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Mike McKenzie

Irvin has 1,2 more years left. E. Kelly may or may not pan out. We don't have alot of depth at CB.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Mike McKenzie

I think that you are forgetting someone? Remember that we picked up Tyrone Carter who may take Irvin's spot if he works hard and will definately be on the field when they go against 4 WR sets. CHEER LIKE HELL FOR T.C! You Gopher fans know what I'm talking about.

:thumbright: :thumbleft:[/quote]

Sorry man, I am as big of gopher fan as anybody, but tyrone carter sucks. I can't believe we took him back. He was awesome in college and I was happy when we first got him, but then I saw him play with the pros. He couldn't even find a spot on the jets crappy D. He is our backup safety right now, and lets hope he stays off the field, except for on special teams. No way he takes kenny irvin's spot or even eric kelly's spot.

As for McKenzie, you guys need to look past the fact that you have hated him for so long because he was a packer, and realize he is a good CB. I agree that we don't need him, because he wants a lot of money, and he would be a #3 CB for us, behind a very very underrated brian williams and winfield, but he is good. He needs to cut that hair, but he is still good. We do however need to find another decent CB to sign in FA. Maybe a decent CB will be cut on june 1st. We need a guy who isn't expecting to be a starter and isn't expecting a huge contract. We definately need another CB though, because we are one injury, in the secondary, away from having the same secondary as last year, which wasn't very good dispite all the int's.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast