Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Mid Season Report Card

I couldn't find one, so if there is one please lock this up. But If
    not please contribute.
    Now that we have 8ngames under our belt and another 8 to go in our season what do you give as a grade to each Position?

QB
    RB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    DL
    LB
    DB
    ST

QB-D
    only reason not an F is I think that we can get better with T-Jack or Bollinger

RB-B Solid Season by Richardson and Taylor, Mewelde Moore coming along.

WR-F if there was a grade lower than this it may be tempting to give them this. But when you have a bunch of #3,4 and 5 WR's as your starters what can you expect?

TE-C Avg at best.

OL
    Incomplete. I think there is 1 thing missing but no one knows exactly what it is.

DL-A The Heart and Soul of this team IMO

LB-B+ Surprise, surprise this unit has played above expectations

DB-B Solid play out of the secondary this year as well. Especially with some early season question marks from injuries.

ST-B Kluwe has had an off year stats wise, but Longwell has had a very solid season and has a better QB rating that BJ does

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Mid Season Report Card

"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    I couldn't find one, so if there is one please lock this up. But If
    not please contribute.
    Now that we have 8ngames under our belt and another 8 to go in our season what do you give as a grade to each Position?

QB
    RB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    DL
    LB
    DB
    ST

QB-D
    only reason not an F is I think that we can get better with T-Jack or Bollinger

RB-B Solid Season by Richardson and Taylor, Mewelde Moore coming along.

WR-F if there was a grade lower than this it may be tempting to give them this. But when you have a bunch of #3,4 and 5 WR's as your starters what can you expect?

TE-C Avg at best.

OL
    Incomplete. I think there is 1 thing missing but no one knows exactly what it is.

DL-A The Heart and Soul of this team IMO

LB-B+ Surprise, surprise this unit has played above expectations

DB-B Solid play out of the secondary this year as well. Especially with some early season question marks from injuries.

ST-B Kluwe has had an off year stats wise, but Longwell has had a very solid season and has a better QB rating that BJ does

Could be the O-line coach. Thats what I've been thinking all year. I know Marcus Johnson is out of position at tackle, but he;s big and athletic, so should be able to pass protect much better than he is, my guess is coaching on that one.

I pretty much agree on everything else, but Kluwe, yeah his averages are down, but it seems like every punt is inside of the 20, and many of them inside the 5, he's awesome, I'd give him an A.

PS Ryan Longwell has the best QB rating in the league.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

O-line doen't get a report card.
    It deserves a trip to the principals office and year in detention.

minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

i agree with you except i would give the DBs a C-

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

LunchBox is offline Rookie

These are my ratings vs. what i expected.

QB- C+
    Exactly what you expect from Brad Johnson.
    Oh the whole, few yards, few points, few mistakes

RB- B+ Taylor has been very good.
    Richardson was a good pickup

TE- C Are Wiggins and Kleinsausage even playing out there?
    Doesn't the west coast offense like to use the tight ends?

WR- C When Travis Taylor is your #1 reciever...again, this is what you expect Troy's drops have hurt (next year he'll be good)

OL- C- Alright, this drives me nuts, people talk like we have a good offensive line.
    We don't.
    Hutchinson is a very good run blocker.
    He's been a good player.
    Birk is not the player he was, but is still an above average center.
    McKinnie, oh man is he overrated.
    He gives NO effort on almost any run play.
    Just watch him for 10 plays or so.
    He tip-toes around out there like he's afraid of getting hurt.
    He has a tendency to guard his knees, like he's too tall and is afraid of someone falling on his leg and rolling up his knee.
    We haven't been able to run left at will like people thought we would because he is a very bad (not bad, not average) run blocking tackle by NFL standards.
    Also, he's been beat a couple times on pass rushes due to lack of effort.
    Not that the other guy was better, McKinnie just took the play off.

K- B Longwells been pretty solid.
    Been a long time since we've had a pretty solid kicker

P- C- Is Kluwe's injury from last year still affecting him?

DL- B+ Good against the run, not as good of a pass rush as i expected.

LB- A- How long has it been since we've had linebackers making plays and not being out of position?
    When was the last time this happened? 98??

CB- B+ Griffin looks like he'll be a stud in the future.
    Our corners are making plays out there.
    The Pats made us looks silly, though

S- B+ Smith is much better than i thought, though i wasn't expecting much.
    Sharper is still good

QB- A + because he is achieving everything I though he would do at the start of the season, and he has reached and exceeding everyone of my expectations. I thought this would be a bad year for him.

RB-B + I hated the pick-up of Chester Taylor, and still truely believe Laurence Maroney would have another 100-200 yds behind this line and especially the left side, he seems slow to the hole at times, but he has exceeded my expectations.

WR- B they are decent a job for their talent level. Jury is still out on williamson, but Marcus Robinson is the only guy who had been a true number one before, so you can't be too hard on this group, especially with the unexpected departure of Koren Robinson, then you again we shouldn't have relied on him with his past.

TE- D you can say what you want jermaine wiggins is dropping passes this year, and just not finding the open spots like he used. and kimmy kleinsasser is non exsistent.

OL- F suppsoed to be the strength of the offense, and its only been a liability, take away the right side and I give them a B.

DL- B- I had expectations for the defense this year, thought there would be alot more sacks, but james did get hurt, and they are doing a great job with rotating and stuffing the run.

LB - B +, it would have been an if not for the patriots game, by far this group of guys is the most over performing unit on the team.

CB - B - mostly because of the past game, but also missed tackles, and lack of ints, still a very solid group.

S- A because Darrne Sharper can flat out play, this guy is a ball hawk. Dwight Smith not quite sold on, but Sharper is a beast.

P- B Kluew is coming of a torn acl, next year he'll be back to normal, but still doing a decent job, of getting hangtime for us.

K- D, and thats only cause Longwell threw a td, 2 mil a year for a kicker, not worth it.

Offense Coaching- F the offense has been pitiful, absolutely pitiful.

Defensive Coaching- A- I give Tomilin an A-
    because he has been able to install a new system well build on the momentum of last years great defensive run, He'll learn to come up with better shemes against better teams.

Special Teams C looks the same stuff as last to me, minus kickoff returns.

Head Coach F, Childress is supposed to be a offensive guru and great with quarterbacks, so far we have no offense and he can't find away to squeeze enough juice out of brad. Also he preaches discipline, but we commit far to many penalties. I'd say f minues, but he did hire Tomlin, by far his best move so far.

anyone who gives the tight ends a bad rap doesn't know what they're talking about. Childress is making them basically useless in his offense. It's hard to catch balls that aren't thrown to you.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"arrested_developer" wrote:
    anyone who gives the tight ends a bad rap doesn't know what they're talking about. Childress is making them basically useless in his offense. It's hard to catch balls that aren't thrown to you.
    exactly..brad childress made wiggins lose weight and do this and that..he came out and said TEs have such a huge role in this offense, blah blah..instead, hes phased them completely out of the offense altogether..you cant even grade those guys because theyve played almost no role on this team up to this point
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"arrested_developer" wrote:
    true they have had few chances, but lets face it when jermain wiggins has had oppurtunites, he hasn't made the most out of it. and Kleinsasser hasn't been a huge help when he's blocking on the right side. Thats why i gave them a low grade.

Gift is offline Coordinator

QB:[glow=yellow,2,300]D[/glow]
    Change is needed.
    Too many dumps, too many INT's, too many fumbles, too many wasted throws to guys 5 yrds in front of the endzone/sticks, too little leadership & too little scoring.

RB:[glow=green,2,300]B[/glow]
    We have been pretty good here, could be better.
    Taylor can make moves in the open field, has good speed and does fall forward but he doesn't break many tackles.
    A really nice addiction is a very strong blocking fullback in Richardson , he has already saved many a play since we brought him in

WR:[glow=red,2,300]F[/glow]
    Total colapse.
    With Robinson out they have done nothing in the way of playing like
    NFL recievers.
    They kill drives every chance they get & prove to get worse as the season goes on.
    Also, you lose a grade for having Marcus Robinson as your best reciever in the first place.

TE:[glow=yellow,2,300]C[/glow]
    Not their fault, they are just not being used.
    3rd down there really shouldn't be any other target than wiggy, but some one seems to have other plans.

OL:[glow=yellow,2,300]D[/glow]
    Having a great left side does not protect the QB from the right side.

DL:[glow=green,2,300]B+[/glow]
    Almost great.
    They can run stop with anyone but the haven't
    shown an ability to reach the qb without the LB'ers

LB:[glow=yellow,2,300]C+[/glow]
    Napo is starting to develop & that showing in our run defense but the slowness of this group as a whole really shows in the passing game.

DB:[glow=green,2,300]B-[/glow]
    They have had some bumps on the road but as a whole are holding it together.
    They run stop well on winfields side of course.
    Smoot has under produced an missed big tackles and plays everything too soft.
    But we have only been torched one & are 33% of the great thing that is minnesota D.

ST:[glow=yellow,2,300]D[/glow]
    Good points, things like what happened vs New England.
    Bad points, things that happened right after that thing that happened in New England.
    Oh, and the punitng has been a joke.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast