Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Mid-Season Report Card

Most of Percy's "drops" have been a result of massive hits going over the middle.
    But well more often than not he catches it.
    He has made some spectacular catches thus far, and consider you have one of the hardest throwing QBs ever to play the game chuckin the ball at you, I say he has done phenomenal.

Fuckin haters.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Most of Percy's "drops" have been a result of massive hits going over the middle.
    He has made some spectacular catches thus far, and consider you have one of the hardest throwing QBs ever to play the game chuckin the ball at you, I say he has done phenomenal.

Fuckin haters.
    I agree in a sense, but he has dropped his share of balls.
    I'd say in a coupl e of years he'll be a beast, but he has a way to go... There's room for improvement, and if he caught some of those balls, he'd be one of the best in the leagueh.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:

Fuckin haters.
    I'd say in a coupl e of years he'll be a beast, but he has a way to go... There's room for improvement, and if he caught some of those balls, he'd be one of the best in the leagueh.
    I agree 100%.
    The NFL is not college and its gonna take some adjusting too. On typical college teams, maybe there is one safety or a LB on a team who is gonna pop you like Troy Polamalu or have the speed and pursuit to be in a position to do so, but in the NFL, most teams have multiple players who are capable of delivering bone crushing hits.
    He has done a fairly good job on those balls in traffic but some of those hits are going to take some adjusting to.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:

Fuckin haters.
    I agree 100%.
    The NFL is not college and its gonna take some adjusting too. On typical college teams, maybe there is one safety or a LB on a team who is gonna pop you like Troy Polamalu or have the speed and pursuit to be in a position to do so, but in the NFL, most teams have multiple players who are capable of delivering bone crushing hits.
    He has done a fairly good job on those balls in traffic but some of those hits are going to take some adjusting to.
    LMAO!! I'm so drunk i don't remember making that comment, but I stand by it.
    So rather than re-evaluating my stance, I'll say this:
    Harvin seems to drop a bunch of balls.
    however, he also seem to make alot fo catches.
    whtether he catches the ball or not is irrelevant.
    He is the kind of player who can make a team good by himself.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"midgensa" wrote:
    I personally do not have all that many drops sticking out in my mind. I mean he could have made a couple of plays on some deep balls better ... but I don't really call them drops.

I do have about four Berrian drops that stick right in my head though.
    I think I saw Berrian drop like 4 balls last week against the Lions.
    Percy Harvin is doing a lot of different things on our team and he has gone over the middle taking big hits while trying to catch the ball. He wasn't used THAT much as a receiver in college and I'm surprised on how well the kid catches the ball.

It's incredible that a rookie wide receiver, who was never a full-time wide receiver in either college or high school, can make such a big impact and at the same time lead the NFL in returning yards (which he NEVER did in college)

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"HEY" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    I personally do not have all that many drops sticking out in my mind. I mean he could have made a couple of plays on some deep balls better ... but I don't really call them drops.

Percy Harvin is doing a lot of different things on our team and he has gone over the middle taking big hits while trying to catch the ball. He wasn't used THAT much as a receiver in college and I'm surprised on how well the kid catches the ball.

It's incredible that a rookie wide receiver, who was never a full-time wide receiver in either college or high school, can make such a big impact and at the same time lead the NFL in returning yards (which he NEVER did in college)
    Berrian and Rice drop more than Harvin, from what I've seen.
    I don't know the stats, but I bet that's gotta be true.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"Formo" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:

i would say berrian drops the most... harvin and rice are fine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

A bit off topic but kindof related though......

I was out of the house a bit yesterday (yea Wildwoman lets me out once in a while) and was asked about 3 of our coaches by cats from other teams.

Leslie - Of course.
    Bills fan
    Bevell - Deadskins fan.
    Stewart - Harvin fan.
    Said he didn't follow the pro-game, just local boys doing good. He attributed some of PH's success to someone teaching (at a rapid pace) the pro-route tree and how to run it.

Anyway, back on topic, pretty high grades IMHO.
    Maybe we will loose some coaches this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:

The only current list I could find shows that Chester was actually leading the team in drops with "5".
    Didn't list the others as they didn't make the top 20 list.
    There should be a better source, but this is all a quick search found: http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/l...rank=232&year=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:

The only current list I could find shows that Chester was actually leading the team in drops with "5".
    Didn't list the others as they didn't make the top 20 list.
    There should be a better source, but this is all a quick search found: http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/l...rank=232&year=
    From our friends at "Pro Football Focus"......

By dropped passes...... PH tied at 18th with 4

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...=25&numgames=1

One that I liked more than anything......

MT's......= Missed Tackles
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...=25&numgames=1
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12