Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Mid-Season Report Card

    Most of Percy's "drops" have been a result of massive hits going over the middle.
    But well more often than not he catches it.
    He has made some spectacular catches thus far, and consider you have one of the hardest throwing QBs ever to play the game chuckin the ball at you, I say he has done phenomenal.


    Fuckin haters.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  2. #12
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mid-Season Report Card

    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Most of Percy's "drops" have been a result of massive hits going over the middle.
    But well more often than not he catches it.
    He has made some spectacular catches thus far, and consider you have one of the hardest throwing QBs ever to play the game chuckin the ball at you, I say he has done phenomenal.


    Fuckin haters.
    I agree in a sense, but he has dropped his share of balls.
    I'd say in a coupl e of years he'll be a beast, but he has a way to go... There's room for improvement, and if he caught some of those balls, he'd be one of the best in the leagueh.

  3. #13
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Mid-Season Report Card

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Most of Percy's "drops" have been a result of massive hits going over the middle.
    But well more often than not he catches it.
    He has made some spectacular catches thus far, and consider you have one of the hardest throwing QBs ever to play the game chuckin the ball at you, I say he has done phenomenal.


    Fuckin haters.
    I agree in a sense, but he has dropped his share of balls.
    I'd say in a coupl e of years he'll be a beast, but he has a way to go... There's room for improvement, and if he caught some of those balls, he'd be one of the best in the leagueh.
    I agree 100%.
    The NFL is not college and its gonna take some adjusting too. On typical college teams, maybe there is one safety or a LB on a team who is gonna pop you like Troy Polamalu or have the speed and pursuit to be in a position to do so, but in the NFL, most teams have multiple players who are capable of delivering bone crushing hits.
    He has done a fairly good job on those balls in traffic but some of those hits are going to take some adjusting to.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  4. #14
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mid-Season Report Card

    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Most of Percy's "drops" have been a result of massive hits going over the middle.
    But well more often than not he catches it.
    He has made some spectacular catches thus far, and consider you have one of the hardest throwing QBs ever to play the game chuckin the ball at you, I say he has done phenomenal.


    Fuckin haters.
    I agree in a sense, but he has dropped his share of balls.
    I'd say in a coupl e of years he'll be a beast, but he has a way to go... There's room for improvement, and if he caught some of those balls, he'd be one of the best in the leagueh.
    I agree 100%.
    The NFL is not college and its gonna take some adjusting too. On typical college teams, maybe there is one safety or a LB on a team who is gonna pop you like Troy Polamalu or have the speed and pursuit to be in a position to do so, but in the NFL, most teams have multiple players who are capable of delivering bone crushing hits.
    He has done a fairly good job on those balls in traffic but some of those hits are going to take some adjusting to.
    LMAO!! I'm so drunk i don't remember making that comment, but I stand by it.
    So rather than re-evaluating my stance, I'll say this:
    Harvin seems to drop a bunch of balls.
    however, he also seem to make alot fo catches.
    whtether he catches the ball or not is irrelevant.
    He is the kind of player who can make a team good by himself.

  5. #15
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mid-Season Report Card

    "midgensa" wrote:
    I personally do not have all that many drops sticking out in my mind. I mean he could have made a couple of plays on some deep balls better ... but I don't really call them drops.

    I do have about four Berrian drops that stick right in my head though.
    I think I saw Berrian drop like 4 balls last week against the Lions.
    Percy Harvin is doing a lot of different things on our team and he has gone over the middle taking big hits while trying to catch the ball. He wasn't used THAT much as a receiver in college and I'm surprised on how well the kid catches the ball.

    It's incredible that a rookie wide receiver, who was never a full-time wide receiver in either college or high school, can make such a big impact and at the same time lead the NFL in returning yards (which he NEVER did in college)

  6. #16
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: Mid-Season Report Card

    "HEY" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    I personally do not have all that many drops sticking out in my mind. I mean he could have made a couple of plays on some deep balls better ... but I don't really call them drops.

    I do have about four Berrian drops that stick right in my head though.
    I think I saw Berrian drop like 4 balls last week against the Lions.
    Percy Harvin is doing a lot of different things on our team and he has gone over the middle taking big hits while trying to catch the ball. He wasn't used THAT much as a receiver in college and I'm surprised on how well the kid catches the ball.

    It's incredible that a rookie wide receiver, who was never a full-time wide receiver in either college or high school, can make such a big impact and at the same time lead the NFL in returning yards (which he NEVER did in college)
    Berrian and Rice drop more than Harvin, from what I've seen.
    I don't know the stats, but I bet that's gotta be true.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  7. #17
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Mid-Season Report Card

    "Formo" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    I personally do not have all that many drops sticking out in my mind. I mean he could have made a couple of plays on some deep balls better ... but I don't really call them drops.

    I do have about four Berrian drops that stick right in my head though.
    I think I saw Berrian drop like 4 balls last week against the Lions.
    Percy Harvin is doing a lot of different things on our team and he has gone over the middle taking big hits while trying to catch the ball. He wasn't used THAT much as a receiver in college and I'm surprised on how well the kid catches the ball.

    It's incredible that a rookie wide receiver, who was never a full-time wide receiver in either college or high school, can make such a big impact and at the same time lead the NFL in returning yards (which he NEVER did in college)
    Berrian and Rice drop more than Harvin, from what I've seen.
    I don't know the stats, but I bet that's gotta be true.
    i would say berrian drops the most... harvin and rice are fine

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Mid-Season Report Card

    A bit off topic but kindof related though......


    I was out of the house a bit yesterday (yea Wildwoman lets me out once in a while) and was asked about 3 of our coaches by cats from other teams.

    Leslie - Of course.
    Bills fan
    Bevell - Deadskins fan.
    Stewart - Harvin fan.
    Said he didn't follow the pro-game, just local boys doing good. He attributed some of PH's success to someone teaching (at a rapid pace) the pro-route tree and how to run it.

    Anyway, back on topic, pretty high grades IMHO.
    Maybe we will loose some coaches this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: Mid-Season Report Card

    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    I personally do not have all that many drops sticking out in my mind. I mean he could have made a couple of plays on some deep balls better ... but I don't really call them drops.

    I do have about four Berrian drops that stick right in my head though.
    I think I saw Berrian drop like 4 balls last week against the Lions.
    Percy Harvin is doing a lot of different things on our team and he has gone over the middle taking big hits while trying to catch the ball. He wasn't used THAT much as a receiver in college and I'm surprised on how well the kid catches the ball.

    It's incredible that a rookie wide receiver, who was never a full-time wide receiver in either college or high school, can make such a big impact and at the same time lead the NFL in returning yards (which he NEVER did in college)
    Berrian and Rice drop more than Harvin, from what I've seen.
    I don't know the stats, but I bet that's gotta be true.
    i would say berrian drops the most... harvin and rice are fine
    The only current list I could find shows that Chester was actually leading the team in drops with "5".
    Didn't list the others as they didn't make the top 20 list.
    There should be a better source, but this is all a quick search found: http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/l...rank=232&year=

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Mid-Season Report Card

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    I personally do not have all that many drops sticking out in my mind. I mean he could have made a couple of plays on some deep balls better ... but I don't really call them drops.

    I do have about four Berrian drops that stick right in my head though.
    I think I saw Berrian drop like 4 balls last week against the Lions.
    Percy Harvin is doing a lot of different things on our team and he has gone over the middle taking big hits while trying to catch the ball. He wasn't used THAT much as a receiver in college and I'm surprised on how well the kid catches the ball.

    It's incredible that a rookie wide receiver, who was never a full-time wide receiver in either college or high school, can make such a big impact and at the same time lead the NFL in returning yards (which he NEVER did in college)
    Berrian and Rice drop more than Harvin, from what I've seen.
    I don't know the stats, but I bet that's gotta be true.
    i would say berrian drops the most... harvin and rice are fine
    The only current list I could find shows that Chester was actually leading the team in drops with "5".
    Didn't list the others as they didn't make the top 20 list.
    There should be a better source, but this is all a quick search found: http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/l...rank=232&year=
    From our friends at "Pro Football Focus"......

    By dropped passes...... PH tied at 18th with 4

    http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...=25&numgames=1

    One that I liked more than anything......

    MT's......= Missed Tackles
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...=25&numgames=1
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings 2008 Season Report Card
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 06:34 AM
  2. Vikings mid-season report card
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 09:06 AM
  3. NFL offseason report card: Grades are in
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 11:02 AM
  4. Mid Season Report Card
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 07:47 AM
  5. Hovan's Game Report Card Grade???
    By PacNWVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 01:03 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •