Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Mick Tingelhoff should be in the Hall Of Fame

    Mick Tingelhoff played center for the Vikes for 17 yrs, and started 240
    consecutive games. He played at 253 lbs, in an era against the likes of Butkiss, Nobis, Curtis. Only 1 other player in Viking history started more games #70 Jim Marshall, he's a HOF'er and now it is Tingelhoffs Turn to be recognised.

  2. #2
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Mick Tingelhoff should be in the Hall Of Fame

    I agree wholeheartedly!!
    :grin:

  3. #3
    jackyl's Avatar
    jackyl is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,662

    Re: Mick Tingelhoff should be in the Hall Of Fame

    Marshall isn't a HOFer.

    We're helping Mick with a campaign right now.

  4. #4
    magicci's Avatar
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    oxnard, ca
    Posts
    5,440

    Re: Mick Tingelhoff should be in the Hall Of Fame

    they should go in together.

  5. #5
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Mick Tingelhoff should be in the Hall Of Fame

    "jackyl" wrote:
    Marshall isn't a HOFer.

    We're helping Mick with a campaign right now.
    That skipped right over me, then I woke up this morning and was thinking that Jim wasnt. I had to go and correct this but you beat me to it.

    Good work, Jackyl. Both of those guys are way overdue for their yellow jackets. What's the beef with #70? He should have went in a long time ago. Why doesnt he get any props?
    Slighting my Buckeye/Viking...geez, WTF?
    :lol:
    What's the talk around WP?

  6. #6
    djmaverick12 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1

    Re: Mick Tingelhoff should be in the Hall Of Fame

    Induct Jim Marshall & Mick Tingelhoff Now! blog

    Hi! First time writing on PurplePride.org. Definitely agree with you. Mick is long overdue on his election in the Pro Footbal Hall of Fame. I started watching the Vikings way back in the late 60's. Mick was the best center in the NFL for most of his 17 years. The only guy I think I could compare him to is Jim Otto or, maybe, Bob Johnson of the Bengals. Let me test the waters. How many of you can name another center from the era other than those three?

    BTW: I started a web blog dedicated to Mick and fellow Viking great Jim Marshall. The address is up above. Hope you enjoy it. Leave your comments and feel free to join as a friend. B)
    None

  7. #7
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Mick Tingelhoff should be in the Hall Of Fame

    I agree that Tingelhoff probably should be in. He was the best center in the league for about a 7 year period and was a 6-time All-Pro. Tough to turn someone like that away.
    He also played for winning teams known for their tough offensive and defensive lines.

    As for Marshall, he is not a hall of famer in my book. I know that will be in the minority in these parts. But he only made two Pro Bowls and was never an All-Pro. He was clearly the third fiddle on the Purple People Eaters and benefited greatly from playing with two of the best defensive lineman to ever play the game.

    Yes, playing lots-o-games in a row was impressive, but it should not be an automatic bid.

  8. #8
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mick Tingelhoff should be in the Hall Of Fame

    Quote Originally Posted by "djmaverick12" #1104026
    Induct Jim Marshall & Mick Tingelhoff Now! blog

    Hi! First time writing on PurplePride.org. Definitely agree with you. Mick is long overdue on his election in the Pro Footbal Hall of Fame. I started watching the Vikings way back in the late 60's. Mick was the best center in the NFL for most of his 17 years. The only guy I think I could compare him to is Jim Otto or, maybe, Bob Johnson of the Bengals. Let me test the waters. How many of you can name another center from the era other than those three?

    BTW: I started a web blog dedicated to Mick and fellow Viking great Jim Marshall. The address is up above. Hope you enjoy it. Leave your comments and feel free to join as a friend. B)
    how in the world did you manage to find a 6 year old thread to make your first post in? haha

  9. #9
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Mick Tingelhoff should be in the Hall Of Fame

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104036
    Quote Originally Posted by "djmaverick12" #1104026
    Induct Jim Marshall & Mick Tingelhoff Now! blog

    Hi! First time writing on PurplePride.org. Definitely agree with you. Mick is long overdue on his election in the Pro Footbal Hall of Fame. I started watching the Vikings way back in the late 60's. Mick was the best center in the NFL for most of his 17 years. The only guy I think I could compare him to is Jim Otto or, maybe, Bob Johnson of the Bengals. Let me test the waters. How many of you can name another center from the era other than those three?

    BTW: I started a web blog dedicated to Mick and fellow Viking great Jim Marshall. The address is up above. Hope you enjoy it. Leave your comments and feel free to join as a friend. B)
    how in the world did you manage to find a 6 year old thread to make your first post in? haha
    Search for "Tinglehoff" and see how many posts you find.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Mick Tingelhoff should be in the Hall Of Fame

    I think Mick will get in, however, it might not be for awhile.

    I think the HOF staff need to revisit their voting procedures. Sure seems like alot of cats like Mick slip through the cracks especially on the OL.

    Only a change will alleviate the backlog they have of candidates like Mick.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. Mick Tingelhoff Appearance This Weekend
    By ottomatic14 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 10:16 PM
  2. Replies: 124
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 08:16 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 04:56 AM
  4. Mick Tingelhoff
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 03:04 AM
  5. Help Jim Marshall get the the Hall Of Fame !!!!
    By mnjamie in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 08:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •