Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Re: The "Michael Ratio"...?

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    Hey all you coaches... I bet you make alot of important decisions based on all your coaching expertise.... Until you actually collect a pay check, give the guys that run this team alittle more respect as they probably know more than you as to whom to start. Wait til we're into this season and Bennet has carries in the 4th qtr, and the o-line comes together as a unit.
    Don't want to rag, just tired of the bashing of our players before they really have a chance to prove themselves. Tice and crew live this stuff and are better talent evaluators than we'll ever be. skol
    Actually, I am a little better of a coach than Tice. But everything else I agree with.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Los A, I wish we still had those "skol bucks" or whatever they were so I could bet you "skol bucks" that Tice outlasts Sherman. What a fun bet.

Del Rio Guest

Well considering we ran the ball on first down only, and when we did it seemed like a "lets see if he can break one"

I would say that I stand by my assesment that the Vikings organization cares nothing about a serious run game. We are a passing team and NO work seems to have been given to making the run game solid and unpredictable.

So I imagine you will see us try to run on first down for the first quarter. When that doesn't work we will all but abandon the run, and like I have said before our runing backs can expect about 15 carries a game.

Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler

Is Michael Bennett the new Chris Hovan

Do u guys think michael bennett is the new chris hovan on our team. Their situations r very similar 1 breakout season and never heard of again. I knew it we should've traded thie guy and a pick for Edgerrin James, Shawn Alexander or Travis Henry when they were available.

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is Michael Bennett the new Chris Hovan

"Jordan" wrote:
    Do u guys think michael bennett is the new chris hovan on our team. Their situations r very similar 1 breakout season and never heard of again. I knew it we should've traded thie guy and a pick for Edgerrin James, Shawn Alexander or Travis Henry when they were available.
    The main reason we didn't pick up those players is because they are in the final year of their contracts and are unhappy with what they are getting paid (franchise tags). they would want clinton portis-esque, 50 million dollar contracts. Frankly they are not worth it.

Michael Bennett doesn't have as much trade value as we seem to think around the league as well.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Bennett is from Wisconsin, therefore he sucks!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Actually, Bennett has almost no trade value at all. This year there were quite a few running backs available - very deep in free agency....no one bit.

Bennett, a guy plagued by injury, is in his final year. No team is going to unload anything worthwhile on a guy in that position when they will likely be able to grab him in free agency next year...cheap. The ONLY way that would happen is if someone out there desperately needed a RB...and the league is fat at that position right now.

But do I equate Bennett and Hovan? Not even remotely. Bennett CAN perform...he simply hasn't had the opportunity to. It's preseason, the coaches have a lot of guys to look at, and no one wants to see him down and out in his 3rd consecutive year.

Hovan, on the other hand, was simply unable to maintain the performance level of his one good year. He declined to such a point that he was removed from the roster.

I think Bennett might suprise us yet. Keep in mind, we're only seeing small glimpses of the Vikes, and we're not seeing the "Grand Scheme" unvieled until the regular season starts.

Caine

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't think he is a Hovan yet, but if he doesn't have a good year this year he just might be the next Hovan!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Well considering we ran the ball on first down only, and when we did it seemed like a "lets see if he can break one"

I would say that I stand by my assesment that the Vikings organization cares nothing about a serious run game. We are a passing team and NO work seems to have been given to making the run game solid and unpredictable.

So I imagine you will see us try to run on first down for the first quarter. When that doesn't work we will all but abandon the run, and like I have said before our runing backs can expect about 15 carries a game.
    By my rough tally, we ran 16 times on 1st down, 6 times on second, and once on third. 23 attempts. Official stats have us running 26 times...I'd have to dig to find the other 3.

Anyway, we ran 26 and passed 36, that's 42%...not too far off of "balanced" as far as I can see.

Our YPR average was 2.6...not the greatest....but we held the Jets to 2.9 as well. Our time of possession was greater by 6 1/2 minutes than the Jet's.

What beat us was penalties (17 for 122 yards) and turnovers (3 unanswered).

While Darren Bennet has been harrangued by many here, he managed to average 43.7 yards, and that factors in short punts as well (The intentional ones).

All told, I'm not yet ready to start getting upset just yet. Things are moving forward at a steady pace, and I'm still confident that we'll do fine.

Caine

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

Thankyou Caine for a little reality.....I think people are getting a little worked up over nothing...patience people, patience......

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast