Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Michael Mauti

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    I didnt realize this but doing some research ESPN actually voted him 1st team all-american at Middle Linebacker, he is a strong player..

Hope his knees make it in the NFL.. Because his talent will.. no doubt.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Vikings rookie Mauti tries to come back from 3rd ACL injury

Vikings rookie Mauti tries to come back from 3rd ACL injury

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Having gone through one I don't wish it on anyone.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If his knees can stay healthy he could end up being one of the steals of the draft.

The article said that the last ACL tear (the second in his left) was a high low hit. I didn't watch Penn State much last year, can anyone verify? It it gave way to a hit that is one thing, but if it just gave out from the work that is another.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    If his knees can stay healthy he could end up being one of the steals of the draft.

The article said that the last ACL tear (the second in his left) was a high low hit. I didn't watch Penn State much last year, can anyone verify? It it gave way to a hit that is one thing, but if it just gave out from the work that is another.
    I've seen him do two separate interviews (video) were his answer has that in it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    Penn State fans definitely viewed it as a dirty hit from what I've read. Haven't seen it on video yet though.

He strikes me as a LB very much in the mold of EJ. Not a fantastic athlete but very strong for a LB with a penchant for blowing up plays anywhere within five yards of the line. He punishes people when he hits them for sure.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I did some digging and was able to find this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MnWmZWITnk

The play starts at 1:51. The hit is right at 1:55.
    It is definitely a high low. Mauti (#42) was engaged with his blocker up high when the running back (#20) dives in from left from right.

The videos I have found all point to Mauti as being a leader in the locker room. To the point that the team with #42 on their helmets on Senior Day. He was a rallying point for the team after the scandal.

I loved seeing him on the sidelines with his team, wearing a headset. Present at their practices. Remaining a part of the team even though he couldn't play. That says a lot about a player IMHO. Players like Culpepper or Harvin, who chose to stay away from the team, bother me.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234