Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Mauti

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    What I found interesting about this cat is he took it to the next step and sent a letter of some sort out to each GM and told them that he knew how to rehab and that he would be ready to go come camp.

The next interesting aspect of this is the Vikings took it to the next level and checked him out, not only his most recent injury, but the older one as well and said there were no issues with the old ones or the new ones.

In the end, is this a gamble? Sure, but all of them are especially players that took lots of reps at the collegiate level but this guy has something that I just can't put my finger on, but suffice it to say he makes me think (even without seeing him take a snap) of a certain player who wore 55 for us in the early 90's....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Michael Mauti? No problem, it worked out for Greg Childs.

Oh, wait!
    I wouldn't write that cat off right now.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I wouldn't write that cat off right now.
    I had a lot of hope for Childs, he seemed like the real deal. I hope he can come back but he won't be the same this year that is for sure, if he ever is. I don't think he will be 100% until 2014 season, unfortunately.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I had a lot of hope for Childs, he seemed like the real deal. I hope he can come back but he won't be the same this year that is for sure, if he ever is. I don't think he will be 100% until 2014 season, unfortunately.
    Agree, but lets not forget the big picture here. In 2014 both he and Patterson will be full up round. Can you imagine trying to defend those two cats along with Wright (or Jennings), Rudy and AD all in the same player package.

Crazy sick.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Agree, but lets not forget the big picture here. In 2014 both he and Patterson will be full up round. Can you imagine trying to defend those two cats along with Wright (or Jennings), Rudy and AD all in the same player package.

Crazy sick.
    Amen, my friend, amen, if Childs comes back and plays like he was before he was injured, we finally have some real talent at WR that we haven't had since the nineties!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Here is the current state of his knees and condition:

Love both Penn State LB picks! Especially Mauti. Would like to see a one or two year contract for Brian Urlacher with a big development / rehab project for Michael Mauti at the same time.
    NOT what I had in mind for "power snatch"

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Michael Mauti? No problem, it worked out for Greg Childs.

Oh, wait!
    speaking of Childs..any updates on him?

Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    speaking of Childs..any updates on him?
    I read something a couple of weeks ago that said he was on track, whatever that means.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    What I found interesting about this cat is he took it to the next step and sent a letter of some sort out to each GM and told them that he knew how to rehab and that he would be ready to go come camp.

The next interesting aspect of this is the Vikings took it to the next level and checked him out, not only his most recent injury, but the older one as well and said there were no issues with the old ones or the new ones.

In the end, is this a gamble? Sure, but all of them are especially players that took lots of reps at the collegiate level but this guy has something that I just can't put my finger on, but suffice it to say he makes me think (even without seeing him take a snap) of a certain player who wore 55 for us in the early 90's....
    I was at the Penn St game in November when Mauti went down last year. The love and respect this young man garnered was absolutely humbling. The Team joined hands and surrounded him whilst he was being placed on the sled. The fans chanted "Michael Mauti" for minutes...

The next game against Wisconsin, every Penn St player wore Mauti's #42 on their helmet...and, Gerald Hodges honored Mauti by wearing a blue #42 jersey. Special kid.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I was at the Penn St game in November when Mauti went down last year. The love and respect this young man garnered was absolutely humbling. The Team joined hands and surrounded him whilst he was being placed on the sled. The fans chanted "Michael Mauti" for minutes...

The next game against Wisconsin, every Penn St player wore Mauti's #42 on their helmet...and, Gerald Hodges honored Mauti by wearing a blue #42 jersey. Special kid.
    Good stuff. I heard that the school (or someone associated to it) elects the "Best Senior" or something like that. This year the whole group was elected because of their leadership. Kindof speaks for itself.

I don't know what people think of the last couple of "Bring in teammates" results lately, but I can't help but think it will in the long run, foster a better team environment. I bet we start to see other teams doing it, if they already haven't.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast