Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Mauti

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Michael Mauti? No problem, it worked out for Greg Childs.

Oh, wait!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    3 ACL's? Ouch. I admire anyone who attempts that type of recovery to keep playing a game.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Or maybe they disliked each other in college, and that transfers to the NFL.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but one never knows. They did compete for a similar job on their way to being drafted as high as they could. I would hope they were both professional and good teammates about it, but rivalries are not always chummy on a football team.

I would have expected the Vikings' scouts to check that kind of thing out with players and coaches, so I would not worry about it.

On a similar note, I wonder how thrilled Hunter was to have Patterson drafted in front of him.
    You have a point, but given everything I have heard about Penn State this past year, coming off of the big scandal, was extremely positive. Being teammates isn't all of it, being THERE was also a big part.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Another interesting pick. Besides the injuries, this guy would be a first round pick. Going to be watching this guy closely.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Here is the current state of his knees and condition:

Love both Penn State LB picks! Especially Mauti. Would like to see a one or two year contract for Brian Urlacher with a big development / rehab project for Michael Mauti at the same time.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Or maybe they disliked each other in college, and that transfers to the NFL.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but one never knows. They did compete for a similar job on their way to being drafted as high as they could. I would hope they were both professional and good teammates about it, but rivalries are not always chummy on a football team.

I would have expected the Vikings' scouts to check that kind of thing out with players and coaches, so I would not worry about it.

On a similar note, I wonder how thrilled Hunter was to have Patterson drafted in front of him.

Michael's reaction:
    "I couldn’t be happier to be playing with Gerald," Mauti said. "We had a lot of fun playing together last season and the season before that.

"He’s a great support structure there and you kind of have a familiar face to go through the process with and I couldn’t be happier in any situation. It’s a great opportunity we both have ahead of us.”

Gerald's reaction (on twitter):
    "I think it should be illegal for me and Mauti to be on the same team again but hey I don't make the rules we just abide by them!!!! #yesss"
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 04-28-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    "I couldn’t be happier to be playing with Gerald," Mauti said. "We had a lot of fun playing together last season and the season before that.

"He’s a great support structure there and you kind of have a familiar face to go through the process with and I couldn’t be happier in any situation. It’s a great opportunity we both have ahead of us.”

"I think it should be illegal for me and Mauti to be on the same team again but hey I don't make the rules we just abide by them!!!! #yesss"
    Nice response. I was unaware of the popularity of this board.

Then again, did you expect, "That guy is an idiot, and I would rather not play football on any team with him again!"?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Nice response. I was unaware of the popularity of this board.

Then again, did you expect, "That guy is an idiot, and I would rather not play football on any team with him again!"?
    Why are you creating some hatred between these two despite everything the ACTUAL PLAYERS ARE SAYING?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Here is the current state of his knees and condition:

Love both Penn State LB picks! Especially Mauti. Would like to see a one or two year contract for Brian Urlacher with a big development / rehab project for Michael Mauti at the same time.
    Wow!

Nice, not afraid to push those knees. That video was taken on 4.12.13.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Michael Mauti

Looks fine to me. Nice video.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast