Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    VAVikesFan is offline Waterboy

Re: Michael Jenkins Makes Sense For The Vikings

I mean Michael Jenkins is fairly good and all don't get me wrong, my question is will he really match up with our offense as another #2 & #3 reciever(which he is) I mean seriously his numbers aren't that impressive if we are looking to put some points on the board, and in terms of his production, I hope he can produce like he did in 2007, 2008, and little 2009. I'm not hating, good pick up but now that we've cut some weight(B.McKinnie) we should definately be looking at a Malcolm Floyd or Braylon Edwards to take some pressure off McNabb in the pocket, I know we are a run-first offense but we need some balance as well between downs.
    None

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

I don't think a number one guy is your slot or deep or whatever, but the guy everyone in the world knows you are going to when a big catch needs to be made, and no one can stop that from happening.

For all I care, that guy can be my tight end.

That's my number 1 guy.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "NDVikingFan66" #1102889
    I don't think a number one guy is your slot or deep or whatever, but the guy everyone in the world knows you are going to when a big catch needs to be made, and no one can stop that from happening.

For all I care, that guy can be my tight end.

That's my number 1 guy.
    Again, you guys a mixing terms

#1 guy =/= A #1 WR.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "VAVikesFan" #1102888
    I mean Michael Jenkins is fairly good and all don't get me wrong, my question is will he really match up with our offense as another #2 & #3 reciever(which he is) I mean seriously his numbers aren't that impressive if we are looking to put some points on the board, and in terms of his production, I hope he can produce like he did in 2007, 2008, and little 2009. I'm not hating, good pick up but now that we've cut some weight(B.McKinnie) we should definately be looking at a Malcolm Floyd or Braylon Edwards to take some pressure off McNabb in the pocket, I know we are a run-first offense but we need some balance as well between downs.
    Michael Jenkins should work just fine with the Vikings offense since he came from the same team our new Offensive Coordinator came from. He probably has a better grasp of our offense than anyone else does right now. IMO this was a good pick up.

That said i would still love to bring in Floyd however, if I look at it from a GM (or TOA) perspective I can see why they would keep Berrian. He was willing to restructure his contract and he does have the capability (when healthy) to stretch the field. We'll see how it all works out.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1102893
    Quote Originally Posted by "VAVikesFan" #1102888
    Michael Jenkins should work just fine with the Vikings offense since he came from the same team our new Offensive Coordinator came from. He probably has a better grasp of our offense than anyone else does right now. IMO this was a good pick up.

That said i would still love to bring in Floyd however, if I look at it from a GM (or TOA) perspective I can see why they would keep Berrian. He was willing to restructure his contract and he does have the capability (when healthy) to stretch the field. We'll see how it all works out.
    Floyd plays a lot like Rice. It would have made sense to replace Rice with a player who has similar catching and route running ability.

Jenkins has always been a possession guy. I do not expect him to go deep and go up for the ball.

Aromashodu has physical skills, but ask Bears fans how many picks he allows because he is not where the quarterback expects him to be on any given play. Poor routes can make a quarterback look bad.

Berrian faded with Favre for similar reasons; he ran poor routes, could not get open, and he dropped too many balls. Will his hands get better this season?

In 2010, Favre was without Rice, and that was a recipe for failure. I stated before the season started that it was going to be a poor year for the Vikings partially because Rice decided to do surgery too late. The roster had no one to replace his skill set, and it still may not. Floyd has similar skills. I would like to see the Vikings sign him and let the best receivers make the team in camp.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456