Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Michael Jenkins Makes Sense For The Vikings

I gotta say, I don't have very high thoughts of Jenkins. He has never impressed me, but then again, I doesn't exactly watch a lot of Falcons games either. Give us Roddy White instead! Now that would be something.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101906
    Quote Originally Posted by "tastywaves" #1101903
    Silly yutz reporter. Thinking Sydney was capable of making plays downfield. He obviously hasn't seen his 40 time.
    I don't think anyone ever said that Rice didn't make plays downfield. I think the point that was trying to be made was that Rice wasn't gonna run a 8 or a 9 route in the time a deep threat guy would.

Given time, anyone can run a 8 or a 9 route but thats not how one is effective. One is effecitve when you can out run the CB and even the S who is giving help over the top.

Rice never could do that unless of course the QB scrambled around for his life and gave him the time.
    The point I was trying to make with Rice is that he doesn't have to outrun the coverage to give you the same impact. Still demands a corner and safety, and can still get deep enough to create space for others.

Very similar to TO's impact...although TO was much a bigger threat after the catch as well.

And he isn't that slow. I think I posted 40 times on these guys before that show Sydney actually had faster times than Berrian coming out of college.

Vikings WR 40 times

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1101910
    I gotta say, I don't have very high thoughts of Jenkins. He has never impressed me, but then again, I doesn't exactly watch a lot of Falcons games either. Give us Roddy White instead! Now that would be something.
    I hear ya my friend. Although, I think his numbers were OK considering the scheme they run.

I would think you could add 10-15 more to his totals considering the scheme Musgrove is gonna run.

That is, unless you think for some reason Musgrove is gonna try to run the Falcons scheme, which I dont.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a great compliment to McChunky. Now all we need to do is trade AP for a marginal RB and we will have the trifecta.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "tastywaves" #1101912
    Silly yutz reporter. Thinking Sydney was capable of making plays downfield. He obviously hasn't seen his 40 time.
    I don't think anyone ever said that Rice didn't make plays downfield. I think the point that was trying to be made was that Rice wasn't gonna run a 8 or a 9 route in the time a deep threat guy would.

Given time, anyone can run a 8 or a 9 route but thats not how one is effective. One is effecitve when you can out run the CB and even the S who is giving help over the top.

Rice never could do that unless of course the QB scrambled around for his life and gave him the time.
    The point I was trying to make with Rice is that he doesn't have to outrun the coverage to give you the same impact. Still demands a corner and safety, and can still get deep enough to create space for others.

Very similar to TO's impact...although TO was much a bigger threat after the catch as well.

And he isn't that slow. I think I posted 40 times on these guys before that show Sydney actually had faster times than Berrian coming out of college.
    OK, I'm with you on that point. Its just that he isn't gonna get deep much. His best use is working the short to intermediate stuff and in the Red Zone were he can get there quick and either body the reciever out or out jump them.

That isn't speed related.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101919
    Quote Originally Posted by "tastywaves" #1101912

OK, I'm with you on that point. Its just that he isn't gonna get deep much. His best use is working the short to intermediate stuff and in the Red Zone were he can get there quick and either body the reciever out or out jump them.

That isn't speed related.
    I think we can agree that Sydney is better utilized on short to intermediate routes, but that's simply because he is effective at it. Why waste his talents and energy by having him go deep every time, get a one trick pony for that job.

I think Rice is quite capable of getting deep and being effective, it just doesn't make sense to isolate him in this role when he can offer much more. At least in what our offense has been running.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Not hating the Jenkins acquisition, got nice size, 6'4.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/30/michael-jenkins-joins-the-vikings/

Don't mind it, but would like to see Braylon or Floyd come in as well. Jenkins is a great run blocker so I'm not surprised at all to see him come in here.

Awesome another #2 or 3 receiver, just what we needed...

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "MindCrimes67" #1102210
    Awesome another #2 or 3 receiver, just what we needed...
    +1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast