Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Michael Crabtree...a Viking?

I think you guys hear the dollar amount and don't realize that there is more to a contract than $ amount. His contract could have all kinds of insane escalators(i.e if 49ers make the superbowl he gets an additional 5 million). He maybe demanding more money to make up for these insane escalators. I remember a certain Viking holding out well into the season : )

Again, I rather have this happen now when it's his right to do so than to have him disrupting my team well into his tenure like Marshell and Boldin.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"aceclown" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    This kid is going to fade...just like Dude from Ohio State that fought to enter the draft early, then got picked up in the 3rd (the following year) by Denver...and got released.

That will be Crabtree's story.

He's spending an entire season away from football, and he thinks he'll get more money next year?
    From whom?

This kid is a silly guy.
    All the talent in the world doesn't make up for "world-class stupid".

Caine
    I agree with you on the point that he will fade, but I'm not ready to compare him to Clarett.

Maurice sat out a year and did almost nothing to stay in shape, he killed himself in the combine (ran around a 4.7 if i remember).

If Crabtree works hard during his season off, I don't think that he will drop to the extent that Clarett did.

As long as he works out regularly and keeps up with catching drills, he should be able to have a respectable showing at the combine.
    If that happens I'd be willing to bet that he wouldn't drop past the 2nd round.

I could easily see him being picked in the first round if he stays in shape, and there's really no way of telling whether or not he'll be a bust should that happen.

Don't forget about Michael Williams USC WR he declared for the draft along with Clarett and he also had to sit out a season.

Detroit drafted him 10th overall 2005 draft (we took Williamson at 7) but a lot of Vikings fans wanted them to take Williams,
    I did and he was a complete bust.

Can Crabtree be the next Mike Williams?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

I don't want any winey bitches on this team, and that is exactly what Crabtree has become.
    You got drafted 10th, you should get paid like the 10th pick.
    Your not above everyone who was selected there.
    Be loyal to the team that drafted you and gave you an opportunity.
    The niners are a great organization and if he wasn't such a stuck up, arrogant, winey, son of a bitch, he would be happy with the money he gets and go out there and play football.
    Its not about your first contract anyway.
    If you have the talent that you supposedly believe you have, you will play out that first contract and get paid even more that the ridiculous amount of $ these rookies make in the 2nd contract.
    When you a little bitch like this, no one is going to want you on your team (unless you are willing to go to a shitty organization who is going anywhere).
    I can guarantee a class act team like the Steelers, Vikings, (Probably Patriots), Titans, will have very little interest in this douchebag when he acts out like this.
    What a dick.
    He is quickly becoming my most hated player in the league.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"aceclown" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    This kid is going to fade...just like Dude from Ohio State that fought to enter the draft early, then got picked up in the 3rd (the following year) by Denver...and got released.

He's spending an entire season away from football, and he thinks he'll get more money next year?
    From whom?

This kid is a moron.

Caine
    I agree with you on the point that he will fade, but I'm not ready to compare him to Clarett.

Maurice sat out a year and did almost nothing to stay in shape, he killed himself in the combine (ran around a 4.7 if i remember).

If Crabtree works hard during his season off, I don't think that he will drop to the extent that Clarett did.

As long as he works out regularly and keeps up with catching drills, he should be able to have a respectable showing at the combine.

I could easily see him being picked in the first round if he stays in shape, and there's really no way of telling whether or not he'll be a bust should that happen.
    I think what people are failing to see is it most likely isn't Crabtree making the decisions here.
    His agent and parents have alot to do with this hold out.
    Any kid would want to be out there playing football and would be happy with a $20m contract.
    I blame this more on the agent/parents.
    They are the ones guiding this whole process.
    If it is Crabtree then I would agree and that would tell me his heart isn't into the game.
    I wouldn't want that on my team either.

Has there been any interviews with Crabtree to where he stated he was holding out because of money?
    The kid is getting a bad rap and imo he should be firing his agent and getting another one that can get things done.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

From whom?

This kid is a moron.

Caine

I think what people are failing to see is it most likely isn't Crabtree making the decisions here.
    Any kid would want to be out there playing football and would be happy with a $20m contract.
    If it is Crabtree then I would agree and that would tell me his heart isn't into the game.

Has there been any interviews with Crabtree to where he stated he was holding out because of money?
    The kid is getting a bad rap and imo he should be firing his agent and getting another one that can get things done.
    I don't care if his agent is saying this.
    Crabtree needs to take control of his own life.
    If he has any sense at all, it isn't worth is to sit out a year to get a slightly larger contract in the grand scheme of things.
    He'll miss out on a years pay, get a bad rep, his stock will fall, and then he will be one year further from his 2nd contract when the big money comes out if he actually is special.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

From whom?

This kid is a moron.

Caine

If he has any sense at all, it isn't worth is to sit out a year to get a slightly larger contract in the grand scheme of things.
    He'll miss out on a years pay, get a bad rep, his stock will fall, and then he will be one year further from his 2nd contract when the big money comes out if he actually is special.
    I agree he needs to be out ther playing and it will hurt him in the long run.
    But when you are 21 years old you don't think about that.
    You hire an agent and you trust that person.
    The parents make the decision.
    He may not know any better.
    I'm not saying this is 100% true but in most cases it is how it works.
    Same thing happened with McKinnie.
    His agent thought he should be paid as a number 7 instead of 9 or whatever the number was.

The young guys do not have a clue about how these things work.
    I agree with what you are sayin in how he should handle it.
    I just question how much HE really has to do with it.
    It may not be as black and white s you may think.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

From whom?

This kid is a moron.

Caine

I agree he needs to be out ther playing and it will hurt him in the long run.
    But when you are 21 years old you don't think about that.
    You hire an agent and you trust that person.
    The parents make the decision.
    He may not know any better.
    I'm not saying this is 100% true but in most cases it is how it works.
    Same thing happened with McKinnie.
    His agent thought he should be paid as a number 7 instead of 9 or whatever the number was.

The young guys do not have a clue about how these things work.
    I agree with what you are sayin in how he should handle it.
    I just question how much HE really has to do with it.
    It may not be as black and white s you may think.
    I know what your saying.
    He has a bunch of people influencing him, including Primetime and his agent.
    I just think at 21 you have to step up to the plate now.
    Its tough, but at some point you need to ultimately make your OWN decisions.
    Its his life and he needs to realize it before he makes a mistake.
    He needs to reclaim what respect people still have for him before its gone.

Crabass hasn't caught ball one in the NFL and he's worth 40 million in his mind. ????? ???
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

I hope Crabtree never plays a snap in the NFL... if he does go into the draft i would love to see him drop to the second or third round... then he will be wishing he could get that $20 million.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Viking? No, Vikes don't need that kind of attention.

Whoever is pulling the strings agent/friends/family/etc.
    in the end the only person that truly gets hurt is Crabtree.
    Everyone still remembers Eli forcing the Chargers to trade him to the Giants.
    It's a diva move, but NOTHING as bad as what Crabtree is doing.
    If he does sit out the full season, he will have the mark for the rest of his life.

But such a move may very well force the improvement of the draft slotting system.

It will be very interesting what the CBA does about rookie salaries.
    I will bet it will take several lawyers and accountants to make any sense of it in the end.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast