Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    norsefan1 is offline Rookie

Michael Crabtree...a Viking?

What would you think IF we found a way to make Michael Crabtree a Viking?

MAYBE he is finally healthy. MAYBE the 49ers will give up on him as it is likely they will not sign him this year. Rather than lose their entire investment...WHAT IF he became a Viking?

He would not help us any time soon; but he could help us by the season's end...and NEXT YEAR, and BEYOND. We need another good impact receiver, and Michael is strong...somewhat in the mold of Fitzgerald.

Maybe Jaymar, and a 3rd round pick would do it. I like Jaymar; but he is not totally NFL ready to make an impact.

Read the story below from the San Jose Mercury News...

COULD THE VIKINGS BE 1 of those 2 TEAMS?

************************************************** *************************************
    "Deion Sanders, who helped Michael Crabtree prepare for the draft, said Friday that the 49ers' first-round pick is willing to skip the 2009 season over a contract impasse.

"Why would you settle for $20 million when you feel like you can get $40 million," Sanders said. "That's the problem."

Speaking on the NFL Network, Sanders said two teams approached the 49ers about trading for the rights to the Texas Tech receiver. Sanders said the unnamed teams "will pay this kid, and he knows that."

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/commen...ed-270627.html

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Re: Michael Crabtree...a Viking?

Vikings are trying to develop quality, character guys... Crabtree is proving to be a primadona... he wants sympathy from people because he thinks he's worth $40M and only being offered $20M?
    Not many are going to sympathize with someone about to make more money then they'll ever see simply because he can catch a piece of pigskin.

Again, it goes back to Chilly's experience with TO... he's not going to bring someone like that into this organization.
    Crabtree has already proven he believe himself to be more important than the team thus the reason he's holding out for more money while his team wins without him.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Why trade for him when we can draft him next year with the 32nd pick and then pay him less when he has no bargaining power at all.

The deadline to trade an unsigned draft pick was Aug. 14.

On that date, owner Jed York reiterated his commitment to signing Crabtree saying, "We're all in."

The 49ers would be unable to trade him until March 1, even if they signed him now. San Francisco retains his rights until the 2010 draft.

The 49ers would have to sign him and then trade him and he isn't worth what he wants sorry you didn't get drafted 1st overall but you didn't tough shit kid.
    20 million over 4 years is better than 0 million and if he goes back into the draft he won't get drafted as high next year so he will lose money in this.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

He's not the kind of team guy we want in that locker room. Got no room for prima donna'a whom think they are better than those around him. He may be a great player, but he far to immature right now.

I hope he sits out and get selected in the second or third round next year. Serve him right.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Why trade for him when we can draft him next year with the 32nd pick and then pay him less when he has no bargaining power at all.

The deadline to trade an unsigned draft pick was Aug. 14.

On that date, owner Jed York reiterated his commitment to signing Crabtree saying, "We're all in."

The 49ers would be unable to trade him until March 1, even if they signed him now. San Francisco retains his rights until the 2010 draft.

The 49ers would have to sign him and then trade him and he isn't worth what he wants sorry you didn't get drafted 1st overall but you didn't tough shit kid.

20 million over 4 years is better than 0 million and if he goes back into the draft he won't get drafted as high next year so he will lose money in this.

haha, I love that kind of thinking.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"norsefan1" wrote:
    Maybe Jaymar, and a 3rd round pick would do it. I like Jaymar; but he is not totally NFL ready to make an impact.
    LOL.
    I love fantasy trades that give the team you like huge value.

Why don't we offer Cullen Loeffler and a 5th-rounder to the Patriots for Tom Brady?
    He was spraying them all over the field last night!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

the 9ers would want a 1st round as compensation, nothing less. because that is what they invested to get the rights of crabtree.

theres no way they go for anything less of a 1st rounder, which to me is def not worth it. it could pay off or it could end up to be a nother mike williams. id rather trade a 1st rounder for a proven type player like JA.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

This kid is going to fade...just like Dude from Ohio State that fought to enter the draft early, then got picked up in the 3rd (the following year) by Denver...and got released.

That will be Crabtree's story.

He's spending an entire season away from football, and he thinks he'll get more money next year?
    From whom?

This kid is a moron.
    All the talent in the world doesn't make up for "world-class stupid".

Caine

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"Caine" wrote:
    This kid is going to fade...just like Dude from Ohio State that fought to enter the draft early, then got picked up in the 3rd (the following year) by Denver...and got released.

He's spending an entire season away from football, and he thinks he'll get more money next year?
    From whom?

This kid is a moron.

Caine
    Yeah that made me think of Maurice Clarett too....I wonder if he's still in prison?
    But if I recall McKinnie sat out on the Vikes for what....close to 4 weeks of the regular season?

But Crabtree's "world-class stupid" title is a lock if he is putting too much faith in Deion's advice, you won't miss 20 million if you don't have it so keep holding out for 40 mill that you won't get. Hey get used to a whole lot of nothing Crabtree cause that's what you have and that's what you're getting a truckload of.

Here some free advice for Michael, move you and your family into the primetime home, take his car for a spin (hit some garbage cans with it), run around in some of his suits (hell jump into the pool with one, look its a pimped out swim suit), have a few parties, flush 6 rolls for charmin down a few of the crappers in his house just to see what happens.
    After a week Deion might advice you to sign and offer you some extra money.

aceclown is offline Coach

"Caine" wrote:

From whom?

This kid is a moron.

Caine
    I agree with you on the point that he will fade, but I'm not ready to compare him to Clarett.

Maurice sat out a year and did almost nothing to stay in shape, he killed himself in the combine (ran around a 4.7 if i remember).
    If Crabtree works hard during his season off, I don't think that he will drop to the extent that Clarett did.

As long as he works out regularly and keeps up with catching drills, he should be able to have a respectable showing at the combine.
    If that happens I'd be willing to bet that he wouldn't drop past the 2nd round.
    I could easily see him being picked in the first round if he stays in shape, and there's really no way of telling whether or not he'll be a bust should that happen.

Chuch.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast