Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Miami Dolphins and Scott Linehan

I never take offensive ranking to heart unless they are scoring points, thats all that matters, Linehan would drvie all the way down the field then just f*ck up, he stalled that offense out more times than i can count in the past two years. His redzone playcalling was horendous(sp). Maybe some of it had to do with having Klieny gone but theres no excuse with the offense we have.

I'm ready for changes, i know pepp liked him but he will move on. I would have been upset if all three main coaching jobs would have remained the same. Its seems players would loose confidence knowing things would remain the same and not improve.

The scary thing is some guy could come in and install an offense that culpepper would strugle with, i hope thats not the case.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Before we rejoice in Linegan's departure, I think we should wait and see who will be his replacement, and if he develops this offense further, tries any drastic changes, or even if he jacks everything up. It's hard to improve on an offense that has been in the top 5 for the last 3 years, so I am anxious to see what the new guy tries to do.

I just want someone who will run the football a little more. We need to be more balanced, and have all the tools to be a dominant running football team.

Guruzen is offline Starter

Don't hold your breath...

If the sale doesn't go ahead, most likely Red will continue his tightass ways and promote someone internally. He'll probably then promote the waterboy to fill the gaps!

You can't blame him though... he's a businessman trying to do a deal. If he went out and signed a whole bunch of coaches to long term contracts, it's gonna be harder to sell.

On the other hand, if he does sell, we'll probably lose a lot of coaching staff meaning we'll be back where we were 2 years ago... it's a lose-lose situation if you ask me.

I hope I'm wrong...

skol_vikes! is offline Rookie

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I never take offensive ranking to heart unless they are scoring points, thats all that matters.
    That's what I've been saying for years about Culpepper, who gives a "gol' darnit" if he has awesome stats, if he can't win games for us?! Sit his @$$ on the bench and let a quarterback who can win take over. Heck, with all his running put him in as a running back. He has a great arm, but he just can't think in the clench moments of a game. Nevermind what I said earlier about making him an RB, he would just fumble!
    "If it's not fun, you're not doing it right. "
    ~ Fran Tarkenton

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

What has Gus Frerotte done in his career? NOTHING!! Daunte has led us to the playoffs and to an NFC championship game, enough said, get off the bench Daunte topic!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Guruzen is offline Starter

"skol_vikes!" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    I never take offensive ranking to heart unless they are scoring points, thats all that matters.
    That's what I've been saying for years about Culpepper, who gives a "gol' darnit" if he has awesome stats, if he can't win games for us?! Sit his @$$ on the bench and let a quarterback who can win take over. Heck, with all his running put him in as a running back. He has a great arm, but he just can't think in the clench moments of a game. Nevermind what I said earlier about making him an RB, he would just fumble!
    You're kidding right? Bench an all-pro, mvp runner up, 1st round pick who's just thrown 39 TD's/11 Ints??? What have you been smokin???

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

OMG... lets not start with that... lets stay on topic kids. Manning... the #1 QB in the league can't make it to the big game also, would just suggest throwing him off of the Colts team?? I highly doubt it...

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I never take offensive ranking to heart unless they are scoring points, thats all that matters, Linehan would drvie all the way down the field then just f*ck up, he stalled that offense out more times than i can count in the past two years. His redzone playcalling was horendous(sp). Maybe some of it had to do with having Klieny gone but theres no excuse with the offense we have.

I'm ready for changes, i know pepp liked him but he will move on. I would have been upset if all three main coaching jobs would have remained the same. Its seems players would loose confidence knowing things would remain the same and not improve.

The scary thing is some guy could come in and install an offense that culpepper would strugle with, i hope thats not the case.
    That's my point. Daunte is very comfortable with the offense as it is now. We've seen him mature these last few years. I don't want to see any drastic changes. I hope we hire an OC who understands the players capabilities and doesn't install a scheme that doesn't fit just because he likes it better. That has happened before, to a lot of teams.

Someone else also brought up a very good point, Linehan also worked closely with Culpepper as the QB coach. That is why Daunte didn't want him to go.

I agree the playcalling in the red zone suffered this year...it was fine the last couple years, especially 2002. We relied on Moe a lot in those situations, and I feel we could do the same with Mewelde Moore in the future.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Hey PA is your name really Leroy Hoard? Wasn't he a running back for the vikes like 5 years ago?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I loved him italian...

"you need 3 yards I'll get you 3 yards, you need 10 yards, I'll get you 3 yards" or something like that

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast