Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 172
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Mewelde Moore speaks out on Childress...

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1089257
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1089229
    This made me laugh when i read it the other day. Finally a player saying what us fans suspected all along.
    Mmmmm, Yes & No.

    A handful of us didn't want Childress as our HC for a few years now, but there were many here, more like the majority, that were on Childress' side, especially after he acquired Favre in 2009, we finished the season 12-4 & went to the NFC Championship game.
    Some of us were even ready to get rid of him the day he was hired, especially when there was no GM involved in the hiring.

    Funny how that is forgotten.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Mewelde Moore speaks out on Childress...

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089296
    Some of us knew after his first season that he was a dud and wanted him replaced then and there. Of course there was the banter about "Time to install his scheme" and " Needs to get players that fit the system" in his defense, which I politely LMAO'd at. Some of us knew that despite his "Improving record every year" and his "2 consecutive division championships" that he didn't have the ability to coach a team to a SB win. Some sguys on this site could never figure that part out but apparently some of the players did.

    I really want to hear from Matt Birk.
    I want you to go on record right now about Leslie seeings how you are suck a great evaluator of HC'ing talent.

    Quick question, how long do you think it takes to implement a scheme especially when have to gut your team?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Mewelde Moore speaks out on Childress...

    Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1089298
    I will stand up and eat a little crow here.

    I was one who defended Childress early in his tenure for adding some discipline and cleaning up the image of the team a bit. I was always troubled by the anemic offense but thought it was due to getting the right roster etc.

    As Chilli's time went on it was clear that he was not a good manager of people or in-game situations. Add in some of the other wacky shit he did and it spelled disaster.

    I am hopeful that Leslie is the right guy to turn this thing around
    I'm almost the opposite.

    I was, initially against him, started to warm to him a bit after we started to see some progress, and then turned on him after the Noodles second year.

    Even then, I didn't think we needed to get rid of him. Just needed to put a GM in charge and leave the coaching to the Chiller.

    Again, I hate change, just for change sake.

    Anyone who believes we are going to be a better team next year because we changed our HC is just fooling themselves.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mewelde Moore speaks out on Childress...

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089373
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089296
    Some of us knew after his first season that he was a dud and wanted him replaced then and there. Of course there was the banter about "Time to install his scheme" and " Needs to get players that fit the system" in his defense, which I politely LMAO'd at. Some of us knew that despite his "Improving record every year" and his "2 consecutive division championships" that he didn't have the ability to coach a team to a SB win. Some sguys on this site could never figure that part out but apparently some of the players did.

    I really want to hear from Matt Birk.
    I want you to go on record right now about Leslie seeings how you are suck a great evaluator of HC'ing talent.

    Quick question, how long do you think it takes to implement a scheme especially when have to gut your team?
    Oh, I am sorry. Did I somehow miss Leslies first season ? I didn't think he had coached a game yet? Get back to me on whether you want to reword your request....

  5. #25
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mewelde Moore speaks out on Childress...

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089396
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089373
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089296
    Some of us knew after his first season that he was a dud and wanted him replaced then and there. Of course there was the banter about "Time to install his scheme" and " Needs to get players that fit the system" in his defense, which I politely LMAO'd at. Some of us knew that despite his "Improving record every year" and his "2 consecutive division championships" that he didn't have the ability to coach a team to a SB win. Some sguys on this site could never figure that part out but apparently some of the players did.

    I really want to hear from Matt Birk.
    I want you to go on record right now about Leslie seeings how you are suck a great evaluator of HC'ing talent.

    Quick question, how long do you think it takes to implement a scheme especially when have to gut your team?
    Oh, I am sorry. Did I somehow miss Leslies first season ? I didn't think he had coached a game yet? Get back to me on whether you want to reword your request....
    Leslie coached the last 3 or 4 games last year

  6. #26
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mewelde Moore speaks out on Childress...

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1089403
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089396
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089373
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089296
    Some of us knew after his first season that he was a dud and wanted him replaced then and there. Of course there was the banter about "Time to install his scheme" and " Needs to get players that fit the system" in his defense, which I politely LMAO'd at. Some of us knew that despite his "Improving record every year" and his "2 consecutive division championships" that he didn't have the ability to coach a team to a SB win. Some sguys on this site could never figure that part out but apparently some of the players did.

    I really want to hear from Matt Birk.
    I want you to go on record right now about Leslie seeings how you are suck a great evaluator of HC'ing talent.

    Quick question, how long do you think it takes to implement a scheme especially when have to gut your team?
    Oh, I am sorry. Did I somehow miss Leslies first season ? I didn't think he had coached a game yet? Get back to me on whether you want to reword your request....
    Leslie coached the last 3 or 4 games last year
    But he inherited the roster and the coaching staff along with the schemes.

    I'll give him a year with his stuff and see how things go.

  7. #27
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Mewelde Moore speaks out on Childress...

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089371
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1089247
    It also shows that Favre had nothing to do with the locker room problems that Childress created. At least 2 years before Favre got here the players didn't respect Childress.
    Lets not forget what type of locker room he inherited. Its was pretty much a free for all that meathead allowed and the Ownership group told him to clean it up.

    Makes me harken back to the day I inherited a Radio Shack on a Fast Frigate that "Failed to Sail" because they couldn't get their comms working.

    They had the reputation as being a bunch of fun/party guys, but they also carried the rep as the worst shack on the water front. I got tabbed to go onboard and clean them up.

    Suffice it to say, they didn't like the "Authoritarian" leadership approach I took, and I had lots of complaints lobbied against me cause I was to tough. Guess what, it took time (9 months) to get them up to snuff and over time we won several comm awards and always could communicate no matter what the situation.

    Was I loved? Hell no, be we still could execute the mission when called. Several years later I was asked to speak at one of those young guys "Commissioning" ceremony and saw 3 of the make "Master Chief".

    In the end, there are lots of styles of leadership that a cat can take but in most instances, that leadership style is dictated by the circumstances you were handed by the guy before you. If one were to look real close at things like this you will see a cyclic type of rotation.........

    Stern, fun loving, stern, fun loving......Not alot of consistency there my friends.
    Were you "hated"? Did you run it for 5 years and never gain respect? Did you consistently fail to get your guys to perform and make sales? When they did succeed did they say they were doing so "despite of him[you]"


    Childress had 5 years to right the ship he inherited, by the time his 4th year rolled around the team had: McKinnie, Herrera, Pat and Kevin Williams, Antoine Winfield, and Kleinsasser remaining.

    In those 5 years he did nothing to make his KAO work on a long term basis. We were a revolving door at QB and WR for his entire tenure minus 2009. When his Favre HoF-Band Aid fix came through and made the KAO look great... despite Childress.


    We didn't change just for the sake of change. We made a change because in five years, Childress made negative progress. Sure his teams won a couple of division titles, but they didn't do it on his work. Tremendously talent allowed us to overcome what he did to hold us back.

    And we're not looking at a good coach with the respect of the players who simply didn't get the job done like Brian Billick or Wade Phillips. We fired a guy who not only failed to right what people called a sinking ship, in fact, he went from a "party" locker room who played beyond their talent level and won some games for a coach they at the very least liked, to an underperforming squad for a coach that they at the very least "hate" and do not respect.

    So tell me, did we fire Tice just for the sake of change? Did he really deserve to get shitcanned if Chilly didn't?

    I'd rather have Mike Tice coach this team for 10 seasons than Brad Childress for 1.


    Firing Childress is the best move this franchise has made in the past 10 years. They waited entirely too long to do so, but finally, they did, and I couldn't be happier.

  8. #28
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Mewelde Moore speaks out on Childress...

    I don't see how people are not on board the Frazier Train. All I hear is about how tired people are over losing respected assistants who go on to win the Super Bowl (Dungy and Tomlin).

    Frazier is almost a carbon copy of Dungy: Stoic, respected, defensive minded, spiritual and played the game. Being a first time HC, there are certainly questions as to how he will handle in-game situation. However it can't be any worse than Chilly or Tice for that matter. Supporters of Chilly and Tice will say they had their strengths, but in-game coaching was would not be one of them. Childress' inflexibility made sure he could switch gears mid-game.

  9. #29
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mewelde Moore speaks out on Childress...

    Quote Originally Posted by "seaniemck7" #1089411
    I don't see how people are not on board the Frazier Train. All I hear is about how tired people are over losing respected assistants who go on to win the Super Bowl (Dungy and Tomlin).

    Frazier is almost a carbon copy of Dungy: Stoic, respected, defensive minded, spiritual and played the game. Being a first time HC, there are certainly questions as to how he will handle in-game situation. However it can't be any worse than Chilly or Tice for that matter. Supporters of Chilly and Tice will say they had their strengths, but in-game coaching was would not be one of them. Childress' inflexibility made sure he could switch gears mid-game.
    It's probably just a fear that the one we decide to not let go will be the one we should have let go.

    We are kind of like the maxwell Smart of the NFL....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwrodxghrw

  10. #30
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Mewelde Moore speaks out on Childress...

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089369
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1089198
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1089197
    “When I was in the offensive meetings with Brad, and I would hear Mike through the walls inspiring the defense, I was sitting there thinking, ‘Why isn’t this guy the head coach?’” said Moore. “If he had been the offensive coordinator, I would have been right there with him because he was a guy you believed in. I always knew he was destined one day to be a head coach.”

    “You knew right away he had the understanding of knowing football, playing football and being around football players and addressing them that way,” Moore went on. “With Brad, it was more schoolteacher, mundane, boring.”

    “Simple,” Moore said when asked to define the difference between Tomlin and Childress. “One you respect, one you don’t.”

    “I tried to do everything Brad wanted,” Moore said. “But as you go through games and things happen at adverse moments and chances and adjustments need to be made, it just wasn’t there for him, man. I’m just trying to keep it real. Not trying to talk bad about Brad. That’s just me being straight up.”

    “One individual, [quarterback] Brad Johnson, understood the West Coast offense but also understood there are defensive schemes designed to try and stop certain things,” Moore said. “You’d need to make adjustments in midgame. Brad would be making those necessary adjustments on the field, and we’d be making plays, too. But sometimes it was like head-butting with Brad because that wasn’t what he wanted.”

    http://www.vikingsgab.com/2011/02/08/quote-of-the-week-mewelde-moore/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+VikingsGab+%28Vikings+Gab%29
    Where's Marrdro to tell us why Moore is wrong and Chiller is simply getting a bad rap?
    Where were you when I was hacking on the Chiller?

    Again, one more time for possible penetration, I had issues with the Chiller, mostly related to how he DIDN'T get the team ready each and every week.

    What I didn't want to see was change, just for change sake, cause when you change, that means we, the fans, have to watch as the team/organization starts all over again. For those of you who can't figure out why that's a bad thing, take a look around the league and look at the teams that are successful. They are the ones who don't run around making changes every other week just to make a bunch of yutz fans happy.

    Long story short, Stability breeds consistency. Consistency breeds success. Success makes fans happy.

    On a side note wonder why Memo is NOW saying bad things about the Coach who choose to let him go several years ago? :dry:
    I've been here all along, and far from hacking on Chiller, you have been one of his staunches supporters.

    That said, if you believe firing Chiller was "change, just for change sake", then your understanding of the underlying issues is sorely lacking.

    Chiller built HIS team, HIS way, and insisted on being the final authority in all elements.

    His KAO....wasn't.
    His QB choice....failure.
    His play calling....sad.
    His game planning....pathetic.
    His ability to inspire a team....terrible.

    He was fired, NOT because an angry fan base demanded it (And trying to say that we're an "unstable" fan base is just sad in itself), he was fired because our ownership FINALLY realized what many of us had been saying for YEARS...Chiller couldn't get it done.

    Now you say that we have to watch as we start all over again? Have you been paying attention? The team we have RIGHT NOW, the one that needs to be rebuilt, is the one CHILLER built for us. The holes are there because CHILLER put them there. The lack of depth is there because CHILLER didn't put any in place.

    We have to rebuild NOT because of a new Coach...we have to rebuild because of the OLD Coach!!!

    ...unless, of course, you believe that Chiller had a plan for filling in all the roster holes this off season...

    Finally, successful teams don't have to please "yutz faqns" because they have their houses in order. Packer fans were SCREAMING for Thompson's head 3-4 years ago. Now they think he's a genius (I still think he's a douche).

    Giants fans were screaming for Coughlin's head 4 years ago...then he won a Superbowl. And they're grumbling again right now.

    Are the Raiders screwed up because they listen to "yutz fans"? Or are they simply screwed up?

    You like to try and spin this entire debacle (our failing franchise) as the result of Ownership listening to fans and being swept along on the wave of popular opinion...that simply isn't true. Never has been.

    Our franchise is in disarray because we have a RICH FAN who bought a team and decided to play "Football Guy". He raced out and hired a Head Coach who had "great family values"...but didn't bother to determine what his football cred was (mostly because he himself didn't have any). After 5 years of empty promises about a KAO that never appeared, and a QB who never matured, that COACH brought in a hired gun to run his team...and almost got lucky.

    Which part of these failings was FAN influenced?

    None.

    When the team melted down, it wasn't due to fan influence, it was due to poor planning, poor personnel acquisition, and piss rotten management....NONE of which were fan influenced.

    So, again, stop trying to blame the fan base or paint us as unstable. As I've said elsewhere, we've stayed true for DECADES while owner after owner has mismanaged our team. Meanwhile, ask Wisconsin residents from the 80's where all the Packer fans were. I used to see Bear fans, 49'ers fans, Cowboys fans, and the occasional Lions fan here in southern Wisconsin...but Packer fans were almost impossible to find....until Favre showed up.

    Those Packer fans were the proverbial rock.....


    ...not.

    Caine

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mewelde Moore sig
    By VikesFan787 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 09:14 AM
  2. mewelde moore
    By magicci in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 12:00 AM
  3. Mewelde Moore!
    By TheFloridianVikingFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-19-2005, 12:44 PM
  4. Mewelde Moore?
    By dunedindawg in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 04:21 PM
  5. mewelde moore
    By danny2316 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 11:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •