Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Mewelde Moore speaks out on Childress...

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1089229
    This made me laugh when i read it the other day. Finally a player saying what us fans suspected all along.
    Mmmmm, Yes & No.

A handful of us didn't want Childress as our HC for a few years now, but there were many here, more like the majority, that were on Childress' side, especially after he acquired Favre in 2009, we finished the season 12-4 & went to the NFC Championship game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1089257
    This made me laugh when i read it the other day. Finally a player saying what us fans suspected all along.
    Mmmmm, Yes & No.

A handful of us didn't want Childress as our HC for a few years now, but there were many here, more like the majority, that were on Childress' side, especially after he acquired Favre in 2009, we finished the season 12-4 & went to the NFC Championship game.
    Were they on Childress's side, or more on the side of giving him another year.

Personally, I've been against CHilly for a long time. Last year, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and he got another year to prove himself. However, if you recall or look up the thread about giving him an extension, I was very against it, because IMO, with Favre he didn't prove anything. Favre made the offense click, and when he couldn't go it fell to pieces.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Wow. I didn't see that one coming.

Now for another revelation: Its hot in Phoenix in the summer.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Mmmmm, Yes & No.

Some of us knew after his first season that he was a dud and wanted him replaced then and there. Of course there was the banter about "Time to install his scheme" and " Needs to get players that fit the system" in his defense, which I politely LMAO'd at. Some of us knew that despite his "Improving record every year" and his "2 consecutive division championships" that he didn't have the ability to coach a team to a SB win. Some sguys on this site could never figure that part out but apparently some of the players did.

I really want to hear from Matt Birk.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089296
    Mmmmm, Yes & No.

Some of us knew after his first season that he was a dud and wanted him replaced then and there. Of course there was the banter about "Time to install his scheme" and " Needs to get players that fit the system" in his defense, which I politely LMAO'd at. Some of us knew that despite his "Improving record every year" and his "2 consecutive division championships" that he didn't have the ability to coach a team to a SB win. Some sguys on this site could never figure that part out but apparently some of the players did.

I really want to hear from Matt Birk.
    I will stand up and eat a little crow here.

I was one who defended Childress early in his tenure for adding some discipline and cleaning up the image of the team a bit. I was always troubled by the anemic offense but thought it was due to getting the right roster etc.

As Chilli's time went on it was clear that he was not a good manager of people or in-game situations. Add in some of the other wacky shit he did and it spelled disaster.

I am hopeful that Leslie is the right guy to turn this thing around

I can't wait for Chilli speaks out on Mewelde......'stream of consciousness...ah....don't cross the streams....ah.....ah......personnel package....ah.....X's and O's .......ah.......
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1089198
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1089197
    “When I was in the offensive meetings with Brad, and I would hear Mike through the walls inspiring the defense, I was sitting there thinking, ‘Why isn’t this guy the head coach?’” said Moore. “If he had been the offensive coordinator, I would have been right there with him because he was a guy you believed in. I always knew he was destined one day to be a head coach.”

“You knew right away he had the understanding of knowing football, playing football and being around football players and addressing them that way,” Moore went on. “With Brad, it was more schoolteacher, mundane, boring.”

“Simple,” Moore said when asked to define the difference between Tomlin and Childress. “One you respect, one you don’t.”

“I tried to do everything Brad wanted,” Moore said. “But as you go through games and things happen at adverse moments and chances and adjustments need to be made, it just wasn’t there for him, man. I’m just trying to keep it real. Not trying to talk bad about Brad. That’s just me being straight up.”

“One individual, [quarterback] Brad Johnson, understood the West Coast offense but also understood there are defensive schemes designed to try and stop certain things,” Moore said. “You’d need to make adjustments in midgame. Brad would be making those necessary adjustments on the field, and we’d be making plays, too. But sometimes it was like head-butting with Brad because that wasn’t what he wanted.”

http://www.vikingsgab.com/2011/02/08/quote-of-the-week-mewelde-moore/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+VikingsGab+%28Vikings+Gab%29
    Where's Marrdro to tell us why Moore is wrong and Chiller is simply getting a bad rap?
    Where were you when I was hacking on the Chiller?

Again, one more time for possible penetration, I had issues with the Chiller, mostly related to how he DIDN'T get the team ready each and every week.

What I didn't want to see was change, just for change sake, cause when you change, that means we, the fans, have to watch as the team/organization starts all over again. For those of you who can't figure out why that's a bad thing, take a look around the league and look at the teams that are successful. They are the ones who don't run around making changes every other week just to make a bunch of yutz fans happy.

Long story short, Stability breeds consistency. Consistency breeds success. Success makes fans happy.

On a side note wonder why Memo is NOW saying bad things about the Coach who choose to let him go several years ago? :dry:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1089231
    Wow, that article isn't going to help Childress' chance at another HC job.

Looking forward to Marrdro's take on this.
    Asked and answered.

Like it or not, we are now in the "Start over" phase. That means another 6-10 season, followed by another 8-8 season, followed by another 10-6 season (if we are lucky) etc etc etc.

Not sure about you but I'm fricken sick and tired of watching this organization continually start over while we watch teams stick with their FO pukes and HC's.

Case in point, anyone visited the PUKER pages lately? The hated TT is now the genius mastermind. Two years ago he was on the way out the door. Difference between the PUKERs and us, they have a fan base that isn't so unstable that the ownership group has to cater to the fans whims.

Until we get a stable fanbase that is willing to go through the hard times without threatening to cancel support, we will never see a winner on the field.

Remember, you asked for my take.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1089247
    It also shows that Favre had nothing to do with the locker room problems that Childress created. At least 2 years before Favre got here the players didn't respect Childress.
    Lets not forget what type of locker room he inherited. Its was pretty much a free for all that meathead allowed and the Ownership group told him to clean it up.

Makes me harken back to the day I inherited a Radio Shack on a Fast Frigate that "Failed to Sail" because they couldn't get their comms working.

They had the reputation as being a bunch of fun/party guys, but they also carried the rep as the worst shack on the water front. I got tabbed to go onboard and clean them up.

Suffice it to say, they didn't like the "Authoritarian" leadership approach I took, and I had lots of complaints lobbied against me cause I was to tough. Guess what, it took time (9 months) to get them up to snuff and over time we won several comm awards and always could communicate no matter what the situation.

Was I loved? Hell no, be we still could execute the mission when called. Several years later I was asked to speak at one of those young guys "Commissioning" ceremony and saw 3 of the make "Master Chief".

In the end, there are lots of styles of leadership that a cat can take but in most instances, that leadership style is dictated by the circumstances you were handed by the guy before you. If one were to look real close at things like this you will see a cyclic type of rotation.........

Stern, fun loving, stern, fun loving......Not alot of consistency there my friends.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast