Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Mewelde Moore speaks out on Childress...

“When I was in the offensive meetings with Brad, and I would hear Mike through the walls inspiring the defense, I was sitting there thinking, ‘Why isn’t this guy the head coach?’” said Moore. “If he had been the offensive coordinator, I would have been right there with him because he was a guy you believed in. I always knew he was destined one day to be a head coach.”

“You knew right away he had the understanding of knowing football, playing football and being around football players and addressing them that way,” Moore went on. “With Brad, it was more schoolteacher, mundane, boring.”

“Simple,” Moore said when asked to define the difference between Tomlin and Childress. “One you respect, one you don’t.”

“I tried to do everything Brad wanted,” Moore said. “But as you go through games and things happen at adverse moments and chances and adjustments need to be made, it just wasn’t there for him, man. I’m just trying to keep it real. Not trying to talk bad about Brad. That’s just me being straight up.”

“One individual, [quarterback] Brad Johnson, understood the West Coast offense but also understood there are defensive schemes designed to try and stop certain things,” Moore said. “You’d need to make adjustments in midgame. Brad would be making those necessary adjustments on the field, and we’d be making plays, too. But sometimes it was like head-butting with Brad because that wasn’t what he wanted.”

http://www.vikingsgab.com/2011/02/08/quote-of-the-week-mewelde-moore/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+VikingsGab+%28Vikings+Gab%29

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Mewelde Moore speaks out on Childress...

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1089197
    “When I was in the offensive meetings with Brad, and I would hear Mike through the walls inspiring the defense, I was sitting there thinking, ‘Why isn’t this guy the head coach?’” said Moore. “If he had been the offensive coordinator, I would have been right there with him because he was a guy you believed in. I always knew he was destined one day to be a head coach.”

“You knew right away he had the understanding of knowing football, playing football and being around football players and addressing them that way,” Moore went on. “With Brad, it was more schoolteacher, mundane, boring.”

“Simple,” Moore said when asked to define the difference between Tomlin and Childress. “One you respect, one you don’t.”

“I tried to do everything Brad wanted,” Moore said. “But as you go through games and things happen at adverse moments and chances and adjustments need to be made, it just wasn’t there for him, man. I’m just trying to keep it real. Not trying to talk bad about Brad. That’s just me being straight up.”

“One individual, [quarterback] Brad Johnson, understood the West Coast offense but also understood there are defensive schemes designed to try and stop certain things,” Moore said. “You’d need to make adjustments in midgame. Brad would be making those necessary adjustments on the field, and we’d be making plays, too. But sometimes it was like head-butting with Brad because that wasn’t what he wanted.”

http://www.vikingsgab.com/2011/02/08/quote-of-the-week-mewelde-moore/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+VikingsGab+%28Vikings+Gab%29
    Where's Marrdro to tell us why Moore is wrong and Chiller is simply getting a bad rap?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Those media hacks are getting to Moore too.

Chilli is loved and admired by all apparently. :sick:
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Bahahahaha

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

This made me laugh when i read it the other day. Finally a player saying what us fans suspected all along.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Wow, that article isn't going to help Childress' chance at another HC job.

Looking forward to Marrdro's take on this.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

This is basically old news from a new source.

How many of us did not already know these things from other players?

It's too bad the Vikings did not let Childress take that plane ride to Green Bay.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Minniman" #1089242
    This is basically old news from a new source.

How many of us did not already know these things from other players?

It's too bad the Vikings did not let Childress take that plane ride to Green Bay.
    It also shows that Favre had nothing to do with the locker room problems that Childress created. At least 2 years before Favre got here the players didn't respect Childress.

Tanner2729 is offline Training Camp

Well done Me-Welde... well done!
    None

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast